The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

well it's set Phils vs Cards. yes the cardinals are a better team then the phillies but i am much happier facing them then the mets and degrom and scherzer (spelling). the mets have dominated the phillies this year and the phils are 4-3 vs the cards. it's gonna be fun.

and don't let any cardinals fan fool you....every cards fan, besides the person here, was rooting for the phillies to win.

st louis is 4-2 vs the padres and 3-4 vs the phillies.....hmmmmmmm

either way it is going to be fun....it's been 11 years, finally back in the playoffs. pulling for the phils but i am seeing a 2-1 series lost

"The person here" :ROFLMAO:

You are failing to take into consideration recent play, which matters a lot.

I never said the Phillies weren't a good team, but the Padres have been the better team over the last month.

14-16 for the Phillies over the last 30
17-13 for the Padres over the last 30

The Padres have had arguably the best starting pitching over the last month as well.

Not taking ANYTHING away from the Phillies, they are a very talented team, but I would 100% disagree with you, most Cardinals fans would greatly prefer the Phillies as opposed to the Padres.

I never said the Phillies weren't a good team, but the Padres have been the better team over the last month.

The Padres have had arguably the best starting pitching over the last month as well.

Not taking ANYTHING away from the Phillies, they are a very talented team, but I would 100% disagree with you, most Cardinals fans would greatly prefer the Phillies as opposed to the Padres.
i feel a friendly wager between us. golf balls??? cards are favorites but i still like our chances with wheeler and nola.

cards are better then the phils and padres but you never know how players will respond to the spotlight. 🤷‍♂️

i feel a friendly wager between us. golf balls??? cards are favorites but i still like our chances with wheeler and nola.

cards are better then the phils and padres but you never know how players will respond to the spotlight. 🤷‍♂️

Haha sure we can wager golf balls, but again, I never said the Phillies weren't a good team - they made the playoffs, and they are 13 games above .500 - not taking anything away from them.

You can respect a team, and their talent, while also saying you think they are a more favorable matchup for the team you root for.

since june 1st (manager change for phillies) they are 66-45. only the braves, dodgers, astros, mariners, guardians and mets have a better record. they have definitely struggled recently, no doubt.

Haha sure we can wager golf balls, but again, I never said the Phillies weren't a good team - they made the playoffs, and they are 13 games above .500 - not taking anything away from them.

You can respect a team, and their talent, while also saying you think they are a more favorable matchup for the team you root for.
i bet the phillies to win it all a few months ago....got good odds. man that would be a nice check to cash :)

Astros get winner of Mariners and Blue Jays.

Against Blue Jays 2-4 (all 1 run games except for a 11-7 Astros win)
Against Mariners 12-7 (All before Castillo trade)

Let's face it the Astros have owned the Mariners since they moved to the AL West. Since the Astros moved to the AL West they have a winning record against all of the AL West teams so we love playing them. The Blue Jays had our number early in the year so it would be interesting to face them again. Either way the Astros rotation will be set up for the ALDS to see if the Astros can make their 6th straight ALCS.

Astros always get put at the earliest time. It's a tradition

I am sort of Worried the Cardinals will take that tradition on Saturday, which will make watching both OU/Texas and this game very difficult :ROFLMAO:

The only one I would say is for sure is that the Mets/Padres would be the primetime game. I would say that Cards/Phils is either the 1st or 3rd game. I have no idea why. The AL match ups are not near as sexy as the NL.

Feeling good about the #WINdians vs the Rays! Let's go Tribe!

Only 1 AL team with 100 wins.

Interested to see how home field advantage is going to work on these wild card series. Makes sense to not travel for a 3 game series.

Interesting in both leagues

3 teams from East, 2 from West and 1 from Central. How symmetrical.

well it's set Phils vs Cards. yes the cardinals are a better team then the phillies but i am much happier facing them then the mets and degrom and scherzer (spelling). the mets have dominated the phillies this year and the phils are 4-3 vs the cards. it's gonna be fun.

and don't let any cardinals fan fool you....every cards fan, besides the person here, was rooting for the phillies to win.

st louis is 4-2 vs the padres and 3-4 vs the phillies.....hmmmmmmm

either way it is going to be fun....it's been 11 years, finally back in the playoffs. pulling for the phils but i am seeing a 2-1 series lost
Harper and Hoskins get hot, Nola and Wheeler pitch like they usually do, crazier things have happened.

Cardinals in 3 😢

I understand MLB doesn't want to take the World Series to November, but I really think that putting the first set of playoff games this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, followed by the winning team immediately playing the next series on Tuesday is like trying to give the top two seeds a gigantic advantage.

Say the Mets win in a sweep. deGrom and Scherzer pitch Friday and Saturday. Unless they are going on three days rest neither is available for games 1 or 2.

I understand MLB doesn't want to take the World Series to November, but I really think that putting the first set of playoff games this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, followed by the winning team immediately playing the next series on Tuesday is like trying to give the top two seeds a gigantic advantage.

Say the Mets win in a sweep. deGrom and Scherzer pitch Friday and Saturday. Unless they are going on three days rest neither is available for games 1 or 2.

That is exactly what they are trying to do

That is exactly what they are trying to do
I agree they did this with the notion of getting the top seeds into the WS.

I agree they did this with the notion of getting the top seeds into the WS.

Time will tell how this all plays out, as a fan of a team who finished #3, it doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would.

With adding an extra team, not sure how else they would do it.

Do the teams that go into the post season with a bye in the early rounds in a bracket flourish with the rest or go cold? It'll be interesting to see how the 4 top seeds do.

Time will tell how this all plays out, as a fan of a team who finished #3, it doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would.

With adding an extra team, not sure how else they would do it.
I like the 3 game series because the do or die game was who had the hottest pitcher. For the ALDS this year having a day off between game 1 and 2 is odd but they have to do it due to TV. It means you only need a 3 man rotation.

Do the teams that go into the postseason with a bye in the early rounds in a bracket flourish with the rest or go cold? It'll be interesting to see how the 4 top seeds do.

I would prefer a bye, that is for sure.

The pitching advantage is going to be massive.

Let's take the Cardinals as an example (obviously don't know who they are targeting for each game):

Game 1 (Friday): Mikolas
Game 2 (Saturday): Quintana
Game 3 (Sunday): Flaherty

Game 1 (Tuesday): None of those 3 would be able to throw in Game 1 of the DS, probably go with Montgomery.

So you are throwing your #4 against the next teams Ace, and it sort of has a bit of a cascading effect through the entire next series.

Back