EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

And today we show off the new trophy on WGP.
@jdtox @JDax over/under how many of your teammates join us?
Ill be there. Seeing the new hardware will be very motivating. Also ill need to see the dimensions so i can clear space for the replica ill be ordering after the Team Paradise W.

Short answer is alcohol :LOL:

Long answer is that I'm actually going to be landing in the US a fortnight prior to the event and going on a bit of a tour around THPers just meeting people and playing a bunch of golf. By that time any jetlag will be long gone and I'll be rocking! Foreign course conditions will be a bit tougher to figure out I think, but I'm playing a load of golf over in various states prior to the event, so hoping that will give a bit of a grounding. To be honest, the whole 3 weeks will be a complete mind f... but I have the best people that will be there to tell me not to try and putt through a fringe of Bermuda grass :LOL:

Don't fear the Bermuda. Make the Bermuda fear you. Be assertive in your strike and don't take any sass from the grass = you'll be fine.

We’ll just tell you there’s a wall hidden just short of the green to get in your head 😆
Nah, new wedges and new technique and I'll be flopping it over that no bother. Won't even lose commitment to the shot for fear of losing my whole front teeth haha

Don't fear the Bermuda. Make the Bermuda fear you. Be assertive in your strike and don't take any sass from the grass = you'll be fine.
First green I airmail I'm gonna say "look man, I was told not to take any sass from the grass"

Man, if I knew how to make those motivational posters I would be having one of those with that entire quote :LOL:

Another thing you might need to take into account is the weather conditions - first time I played in the Caribbean I was hitting anything up to 3 clubs less than I would have done back here in the UK due to the difference in temperature
Oh Jeez, don't be saying that! Now I'll be second guessing everything haha Although when I was in Turkey recently it was about 35 degrees and I didn't see too much drop off if any. Although possibly that was due to the quantity of gin flowing through the inner man!

I don’t remember if I posted this before? Just in case, here is a picture of the Paradise trophy. I look forward to seeing what the new Morgan Cup trophy looks like 3BCD6212-F0A3-46CF-9A86-A9D998DB2653.jpeg

Everybody feeling like they are on a good path coming into this thing? Two months is going to fly by.

What are you planning to focus on most as the event draws closer?
I feel like I'm starting to find a little bit of a groove again. My summer started with a spike to my hcp due to my desire to hone in my driver swing. I'm used to playing on a shorter course, so thought it'd be prudent of me to find some distance off the tee.

That said, I'm going to continue working my long game with driver. Last night didn't go swimmingly, so thankfully we're still (cough - only) 2 months out. Beyond that, It'll be practicing with my putter. I know strokes are to be had on the green, and I want to perform well there.

And today we show off the new trophy on WGP.
@jdtox @JDax over/under how many of your teammates join us?
Definitely tuned in! That new trophy is beautiful - and HUGE!!

I can't wait to hold it!

Based on my last several rounds, I need to focus on my approach shots. Somehow I've let a tendency to pull my iron shots to the left creep in. Probably need to focus more on my alignment.
Second on the list is figuring out how to keep my swing from disappearing mid-round. I'll go through a stretch of a few holes where it seems I completely lose it :(

I have the best people that will be there to tell me not to try and putt through a fringe of Bermuda grass
You can putt through a certain amount of fringe, as long as it is growing away from you. Putting from off the green into it may not be the best choice.

Everybody feeling like they are on a good path coming into this thing? Two months is going to fly by.

What are you planning to focus on most as the event draws closer?

The path has been rocky recently swamped with work and family life. Haven’t been able to play as much as I want, nor check in.

My game isn’t in ideal shape, but one thing has stayed consistent and that is strong chipping and putting.

The next couple months really needs to be focused on getting off the tee well and simply staying in play. Too many lost strokes OB or punching out of trees all year.

Definitely tuned in! That new trophy is beautiful - and HUGE!!

I can't wait to hold it!

The new trophy is absolutely legit. It is a unit lol. Even more motivation!

First day of a bag battle. There is a high probability that at least one LTDX iron will be at the Morgan Cup!

You can putt through a certain amount of fringe, as long as it is growing away from you. Putting from off the green into it may not be the best choice.
Yup, I found that out over in Turkey a couple of months ago. As someone who plays a lot of links courses, it's not unusual to be putting from 30 yards off the green - couple of times overseas that I tried something similar from considerably closer and took a couple to even get to the green :LOL: The 50 degree came out of the bag pretty quickly after that!

The path has been rocky recently swamped with work and family life. Haven’t been able to play as much as I want, nor check in.

My game isn’t in ideal shape, but one thing has stayed consistent and that is strong chipping and putting.

The next couple months really needs to be focused on getting off the tee well and simply staying in play. Too many lost strokes OB or punching out of trees all year.
You'll get it there Nate, you're like me - just need a slight tighten up and then will be firing on every cylinder.

Holy **** that new trophy! That looks so incredible, going to look amazing on @Master Yagley 's desk, he is going to have to clear some amount of space for it!

I don’t remember if I posted this before? Just in case, here is a picture of the Paradise trophy. I look forward to seeing what the new Morgan Cup trophy looks like View attachment 9113276
I love how you called it the Paradise trophy 😎

Cant wait to fire up YouTube to see the new one.

Been traveling a lot the last two months in pretty remote places and it has taken a toll on my golf game. Haven’t played or practiced as much as usual. Caught COVID while away too which didn’t help things.

Now at home for a week and trying to get caught up here before participating in the Bourbon Bash In Kentucky. Looking forward to meeting and playing with a bunch of THPers! Will get to meet my Captain and a team mate in the process as well as a bunch of forum icons.

The next two months will involve a lot of golf for me. Playing in a lot of tournaments and events. Practicing or playing daily. Playing unfamiliar courses and with unfamiliar people in higher pressure situations will be a big help.

Feeling really good with wedges and putter. Feel like my switch to the new irons has gone well too.

The long part of the bag is already getting some shaft tinkering. I feel like when I make a smooth swing everything is good, but if I try to go after one I get a big left miss, either a hook, a pull or a pull hook. That concerns me and I will fix it.

My handicap has creeped up during the transition to the new clubs. I expect that to start going the other way soon.

Back