EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Short game is going to be key next month! Awesome to hear that you’re feeling confident there!

We want that huge new trophy!

Been dreaming about the amazing new hardware.

Been dreaming about the amazing new hardware.
You are definitely not alone there!!

I’m also super curious to hear what @JB has to say tomorrow about the trophy on WGP!

What is everyone's favorite club from the new sets?
Probably the Agera which is odd because at first I almost had regret about which putter I chose. After that the King Tec hybrid and then the LTDX LS driver.

2 weeks from now ill be on a plane to Mississippi and I'll be watching all the swing fix videos I can during the flight 🤣

F6590B4B-C592-4D58-8F72-6D7ADD34E67F.png
Beautiful day here today but we will be battening down the hatches as Hurricane Ian approaches. The blue pointer arrow is my location and the red line is the projected track within the cone of uncertainty. We are predicted to get some wind, lots of rain and some storm surge. Power will also likely go out. Hopefully the storm will move further East out over the ocean when it gets to us as that will lessen the impact.

2 weeks from now ill be on a plane to Mississippi and I'll be watching all the swing fix videos I can during the flight 🤣

It’s like cramming for a test all night! As long as it pays off lol

View attachment 9123685
Beautiful day here today but we will be battening down the hatches as Hurricane Ian approaches. The blue pointer arrow is my location and the red line is the projected track within the cone of uncertainty. We are predicted to get some wind, lots of rain and some storm surge. Power will also likely go out. Hopefully the storm will move further East out over the ocean when it gets to us as that will lessen the impact.

Stay safe, I hope the heavy stuff misses you.

As I wait for this storm and wait to go live on Worst Golf Podcast today, I wanted to share some thoughts as I do frequently leading up to this. To some this is a golf weekend. To others its free clubs. To others still its just fun. To me... ITS A WAY OF LIFE!

I created this for one reason and one reason only, to make the impossible possible. Together with Cobra Golf and specifically Jose and Mike we have taken this to a different level, one that spares absolutely no expense to create a perfect golf weekend. Sure there are a number of things out of our control, but everything we can control is handled. When you plan something a year out, for this journey, you hope for course cooperation. You have a level of expectation for this amazing finale to this journey. We have that here and it should be and we are counting on it being perfection. Will it be? Of course not, but we hope it is.

You are now in the final stretch of this long run. You will have a chance to have thousands of eyeballs watching your every move and waiting for your every update as play on the course takes place. They want to see the course, your gear and most importantly live vicariously through every post you make. For Mike and Jose, this is the most fun they have all year. For me, its some of the most work. For you, all we care about is that you have the time of your lives. Cherish it. Support it. And others (including you again) could do it for years to come.

For the next two weeks we have a couple of other Experiences, get in there in the live threads, talk to people, ask them questions about how its going and enjoy what the live update threads are about, because you are about to have one slap you upside the face and not know what to do without some prep. For some this continuing means a lot, for others not so much and either way is fine of course. But give others in this community, the same you want as your live thread kicks off. The memories will be there for the rest of your time and you will be shocked at how many times you read through that thread once this is complete.

Two captains will face off with their teams. One of them will return as captain for the 2023 edition, which has already been announced. We normally save that, but the planning has already begun and we wanted to make sure that the two teams knew what was at stake. There is a chance you could be joining them. We shall see where that takes us.

But get ready, the battle is about to begin. Team Hackers vs Team Paradise. As you get ready to pack for the trip, do me one favor though. As you load those clubs into their travel case or vehicle, just think about this small thing. How often is it that you sign up to play a couple of rounds of golf. Get given a full bag of the latest clubs to come out from a major company and then get to go play at a beautiful course with the people that created them. These are not some sales reps, this is the Senior VP of Cobra and Head of Innovation of Cobra. Both with a pedigree in this industry that would blow your mind and I am sure you will hear all about. They have created or been a part of the creation of the best selling products in the history of golf. Worked with the best tour players in the world for decades and they are taking the time and have taken the time to be there for you, this community and this event that means so much to me.

Its time for the MOTHER ******* MORGAN CUP and if you can't get excited about that, you are one strange person. Time to go put on a show!

As I wait for this storm and wait to go live on Worst Golf Podcast today, I wanted to share some thoughts as I do frequently leading up to this. To some this is a golf weekend. To others its free clubs. To others still its just fun. To me... ITS A WAY OF LIFE!

I created this for one reason and one reason only, to make the impossible possible. Together with Cobra Golf and specifically Jose and Mike we have taken this to a different level, one that spares absolutely no expense to create a perfect golf weekend. Sure there are a number of things out of our control, but everything we can control is handled. When you plan something a year out, for this journey, you hope for course cooperation. You have a level of expectation for this amazing finale to this journey. We have that here and it should be and we are counting on it being perfection. Will it be? Of course not, but we hope it is.

You are now in the final stretch of this long run. You will have a chance to have thousands of eyeballs watching your every move and waiting for your every update as play on the course takes place. They want to see the course, your gear and most importantly live vicariously through every post you make. For Mike and Jose, this is the most fun they have all year. For me, its some of the most work. For you, all we care about is that you have the time of your lives. Cherish it. Support it. And others (including you again) could do it for years to come.

For the next two weeks we have a couple of other Experiences, get in there in the live threads, talk to people, ask them questions about how its going and enjoy what the live update threads are about, because you are about to have one slap you upside the face and not know what to do without some prep. For some this continuing means a lot, for others not so much and either way is fine of course. But give others in this community, the same you want as your live thread kicks off. The memories will be there for the rest of your time and you will be shocked at how many times you read through that thread once this is complete.

Two captains will face off with their teams. One of them will return as captain for the 2023 edition, which has already been announced. We normally save that, but the planning has already begun and we wanted to make sure that the two teams knew what was at stake. There is a chance you could be joining them. We shall see where that takes us.

But get ready, the battle is about to begin. Team Hackers vs Team Paradise. As you get ready to pack for the trip, do me one favor though. As you load those clubs into their travel case or vehicle, just think about this small thing. How often is it that you sign up to play a couple of rounds of golf. Get given a full bag of the latest clubs to come out from a major company and then get to go play at a beautiful course with the people that created them. These are not some sales reps, this is the Senior VP of Cobra and Head of Innovation of Cobra. Both with a pedigree in this industry that would blow your mind and I am sure you will hear all about. They have created or been a part of the creation of the best selling products in the history of golf. Worked with the best tour players in the world for decades and they are taking the time and have taken the time to be there for you, this community and this event that means so much to me.

Its time for the MOTHER ******* MORGAN CUP and if you can't get excited about that, you are one strange person. Time to go put on a show!

I'm excited. Seems like just yesterday we were picked and impatiently waiting to pick our clubs and seemingly in an instant I'm 2 weeks out from being on the road to the practice rounds.

When @JB posts his speech you just know things are getting close! If that doesn’t get the juices flowing and you aren’t fired up after reading that then you are doing something wrong!

Team Paradise, you heard the man, time to get up and get going!

IxyX.gif

When @JB posts his speech you just know things are getting close! If that doesn’t get the juices flowing and you aren’t fired up after reading that then you are doing something wrong!

So are you pretty much just aiming to get through the grass with as much speed as possible to get to the back of the ball and almost punch it out? Genuine question from a foreigner here 😂
Oh boy… I’m you are going on this Magical Mystery Tour through the States before arriving at the Morgan Cup.

Last edited:

That s*** gets my juices flowing and I'm not even in this event. The live thread in this one is gonna be off the charts. Can't wait.

All kind of emotions going on in here and Team Hackers are talking about grips

Welp, no one can top what was just said in that post JB. I am just honored to be a part of this, pretty speechless since the day I got announced. I’m ready to run through a brick wall right about now. Let’s go Hackers!!!

Back