EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

We are 8 days away! Some are already packing, some will wait to the last minute and some are still practicing. I got news for you, if you ain't ready by now you're never going to be!
I may have one more round before Wednesday, or I may just take it easy considering 4 rounds in 4 days coming up. I may have overdone it yesterday when a case of the hooks showed up during the round, and no chance I wanted to leave with that the lingering feeling.

When packing please someone bring some scissors for those pesky Puma tags. Pro tip

Pro Tip #2 - not in carry on. :ROFLMAO:
Truth!!! I remember wearing my belt with the little tag string on it because it was elastic and thick and I couldn’t tear it off 😂

Truth!!! I remember wearing my belt with the little tag string on it because it was elastic and thick and I couldn’t tear it off 😂

So true! Wow, it feels like yesterday :cool:

We are 8 days away! Some are already packing, some will wait to the last minute and some are still practicing. I got news for you, if you ain't ready by now you're never going to be!
I’m taking the approach of a baseball team with a big lead down the stretch. Couple rest days here and there but out playing/practicing most days. Just enough to keep the rhythm sharp for game time.

And this! I remember I had to stop playing about a week before the MC because of over seeding. But my thought was .... I did all I could do.

You have to dance with the date that brought you. But you never know when you are going to dig something out of the dirt.

You have to dance with the date that brought you. But you never know when you are going to dig something out of the dirt.

Grips can still be changed if needed

I played a little last night afterwork. And have two rounds booked for the weekend. I’m keeping the golf rate on max through the Cup.

that said, my course has stopped watering. Sunday is the last day before overseeding. It’s like playing on a rolling pool table right now.

Pro tip - a travel steamer is nice to have on hand to get rid of wrinkles.

Pro tip - a travel steamer is nice to have on hand to get rid of wrinkles.
I used the room iron last year and Vegas and still had fold creases. A steamer is a good idea if you care how you look in pictures. :ROFLMAO:

I used the room iron last year and Vegas and still had fold creases. A steamer is a good idea if you care how you look in pictures. :ROFLMAO:
As good looking as the scripting will be, wrinkles should be banished. Look good, play good.

When packing please someone bring some scissors for those pesky Puma tags. Pro tip

Pro Tip #2 - not in carry on. :ROFLMAO:
Nail clippers work great too!

If I'm not playing I'm putting at least an hour in at the range almost everyday. Just going to groove the swing I have and go with it. There's a few swing thoughts that are key for me and just trying to nail those down. Playing 9 tonight and another 9 or 18 Saturday and Sunday.

Moving all my new equipment over to my new bag and realizing I leave in one week really has me got me thinking.
First off, I am a bit embarrassed about my involvement within the forum the last few months. Raising a baby while starting full-time graduate school has been a bit more challenging than I expected, and unfortunately my involvement on the forum has taken one of the biggest hits. Nonetheless, I truly thankful and beyond excited for the MC.

secondly, I’ve also thought about how freaking incredible this experience has been and will be. Starting off, getting to be a part of a random team of fellow golfers from across the country has been so fun and I cannot wait to meet everyone in person. Then, to get a brand new full bag of top-of-the-line golf equipment that I get to handpick is mind blowing to say the least. And then to get to play at two of the top courses in the nation, with said equipment, competing with and against the vice president of marketing and vice president of innovation at Cobra, there’s no words to describe it. I am so thankful and blessed to be able to be a part of this event. I really hope to do the event justice and help everyone at home follow along.

Lastly, I am so, so thankful for THP and the community I have found here. Golf has brought out and made me face so many of my insecurities. This community has helped support me, directly and indirectly, face these insecurities and work towards overcoming them. When I first learned about the events and experiences THP puts on, I was excited at the chance to participate some day, however I was so terrified that I would have to expose my lackluster skills to others. Having been a part of the forum the last few years has shown me that I can be myself and I don’t have to be insecure about my game. Don’t get me wrong will do all that I can to contribute to a Paradise win, it Just may not be pretty. Thank you @JB, @GolferGal, @LittleRat and @Master Yagley for creating this community and event. I’m so excited to experience my first golf trip!

Debating on a grip change prior to leaving. Will I have time? :unsure:

With your schedule? Probably not. A normal person? Could have it done in an hour

Moving all my new equipment over to my new bag and realizing I leave in one week really has me got me thinking.
First off, I am a bit embarrassed about my involvement within the forum the last few months. Raising a baby while starting full-time graduate school has been a bit more challenging than I expected, and unfortunately my involvement on the forum has taken one of the biggest hits. Nonetheless, I truly thankful and beyond excited for the MC.

secondly, I’ve also thought about how freaking incredible this experience has been and will be. Starting off, getting to be a part of a random team of fellow golfers from across the country has been so fun and I cannot wait to meet everyone in person. Then, to get a brand new full bag of top-of-the-line golf equipment that I get to handpick is mind blowing to say the least. And then to get to play at two of the top courses in the nation, with said equipment, competing with and against the vice president of marketing and vice president of innovation at Cobra, there’s no words to describe it. I am so thankful and blessed to be able to be a part of this event. I really hope to do the event justice and help everyone at home follow along.

Lastly, I am so, so thankful for THP and the community I have found here. Golf has brought out and made me face so many of my insecurities. This community has helped support me, directly and indirectly, face these insecurities and work towards overcoming them. When I first learned about the events and experiences THP puts on, I was excited at the chance to participate some day, however I was so terrified that I would have to expose my lackluster skills to others. Having been a part of the forum the last few years has shown me that I can be myself and I don’t have to be insecure about my game. Don’t get me wrong will do all that I can to contribute to a Paradise win, it Just may not be pretty. Thank you @JB, @GolferGal, @LittleRat and @Master Yagley for creating this community and event. I’m so excited to experience my first golf trip!
You can’t go back and change the past, but you can absolutely make the future look better. Post the hell out of the next few days next week and make it feel like everybody reading your posts are right over your shoulder.

Hearing about your week ahead, unless your GF wants to do that for her bday or you can get the homecoming entourage to help, it seems ambitious

You'll do fine. Just smile and soak up every moment of the Experience. I think you are already off to a good start. Your post reveals that you have an appreciation for what the MC is and what Cobra is doing for you, the participants and the forum. As far as engagement, no better opportunity than to start now and to continue throughout the event and beyond. Your post here has you on your way.

Regardless of how you play nothing bad is going to happen you. Do the best you can and have the most fun possible. And it may be just a few days of golf with people in Mississippi, but the memories will last a lifetime.

THP Experiences are special. I'm so happy for anyone who gets to participate, especially those who are first timers. Best of luck to you. I will be following along.

Back