EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Don’t overthink it. LTDx LS driver, LS 3 & 5 fw, OL LTDx irons 4-pw, and armlock putter. All you need to do is decide on wedges.

Don’t sleep on AirX

First take, uncut. I forgot to thank all the forum members that follow, cheer me on, and make this such a great place to talk golf. Congrats @MagicSpell I am so stoked for your Morgan Cup Journey 🏆.

GO HACKERS! ❤

Awesome video Granite! Congrats @MagicSpell!

Guess I better bring a few things with me. With my surname and my performing past it was a no-brainer for my forum name :ROFLMAO:

It seems a lifetime ago, but this is from one of my other passions when I was a younger man.

That's cool!

First take, uncut. I forgot to thank all the forum members that follow, cheer me on, and make this such a great place to talk golf. Congrats @MagicSpell I am so stoked for your Morgan Cup Journey 🏆.

GO HACKERS! ❤

GO HACKERS! ❤

Welcome to THPMC23!

You'll have something to look forward to for the entire next year!

Guess I better bring a few things with me. With my surname and my performing past it was a no-brainer for my forum name :ROFLMAO:

It seems a lifetime ago, but this is from one of my other passions when I was a younger man.

What just happened?

I'm showing that video to the league guys, and possibly some neighbors this weekend. OH! and probably that ******* at GolfMagic so he can see what that actually looks like.

Hackers bringing secret magic weapons, and the streak is going DOWN! 🔥

Last edited:
I'm showing that video to the league guys, and possibly some neighbors this weekend. OH! and probably that ******* at GolfMagic so he can see what that actually looks like.

Hackers bringing secret magic weapons, and the steak is going DOWN! 🔥

Cannot wait for all the scripting and awesomeness of this event. And extremely cool of THP to announce a spot for @GraniteRoost today!

Obviously! That’s what you and I are for though. Grip it, rip it, and balance out those levels! 😂
That’s what I’m talking about brother, see you in the rough!

Staying at the Hamar Hotel in Borganes, Iceland. Just happens to be a golf resort.

When we checked in yesterday I booked a tee time for this morning. 8:48.

After breakfast I went to the pro shop/front desk and was told the course was closed due to a tournament. My tee time was for tomorrow.

Was able to come to a compromise. I could start on hole 12 which has its tee box right behind the clubhouse and play in from there.

Bought a couple of used ProV1 balls a few tees, picked up my rental set of 9 clubs and off I went.

Just me and the guy mowing the greens. 48 degrees F, cloudy with a light breeze.

Got 7 holes in.

The finishing hole is an uphill 155 meter par 3.

There were close to a hundred golfers milling about behind the green waiting for their event to start.

My tee shot landed pin high left. 15 feet downhill for birdie. Came up short but cleaned it up for par.

The golf pro meets me beside the green and says,”Nice par.” Then he takes my rented push cart because he needs it for one of the golfers in the tournament.

Hung around and practiced chipping for a while.

Very happy to have gotten some golf in. Hit the ball well despite the rental set, no warm up, not having touched a club for a couple of weeks. 2 over through 7.

Really got me fired up to get home, dial in my clubs and play a bunch of golf. Just a few more days til I get home.

Thought I’d post a picture of what I played with today so y’all can really appreciate how good the Cobra Clubs are by comparison.

E275DF37-6A73-4C01-B196-8C7C08956030.jpeg
13 degree driver, 24 degree hybrid, 6-PW, SW and putter.

Staying at the Hamar Hotel in Borganes, Iceland. Just happens to be a golf resort.

When we checked in yesterday I booked a tee time for this morning. 8:48.

After breakfast I went to the pro shop/front desk and was told the course was closed due to a tournament. My tee time was for tomorrow.

Was able to come to a compromise. I could start on hole 12 which has its tee box right behind the clubhouse and play in from there.

Bought a couple of used ProV1 balls a few tees, picked up my rental set of 9 clubs and off I went.

Just me and the guy mowing the greens. 48 degrees F, cloudy with a light breeze.

Got 7 holes in.

The finishing hole is an uphill 155 meter par 3.

There were close to a hundred golfers milling about behind the green waiting for their event to start.

My tee shot landed pin high left. 15 feet downhill for birdie. Came up short but cleaned it up for par.

The golf pro meets me beside the green and says,”Nice par.” Then he takes my rented push cart because he needs it for one of the golfers in the tournament.

Hung around and practiced chipping for a while.

Very happy to have gotten some golf in. Hit the ball well despite the rental set, no warm up, not having touched a club for a couple of weeks. 2 over through 7.

Really got me fired up to get home, dial in my clubs and play a bunch of golf. Just a few more days til I get home.

Thought I’d post a picture of what I played with today so y’all can really appreciate how good the Cobra Clubs are by comparison.

View attachment 9112039
13 degree driver, 24 degree hybrid, 6-PW, SW and putter.
You must have been launching that driver to the moon!

You must have been launching that driver to the moon!
Surprisingly no.

But I did feel briefly like a member of Team Hackers because I was 100% FIR! 😁

Surprisingly no.

But I did feel briefly like a member of Team Hackers because I was 100% FIR! 😁
I was 100% of fairways a couple of nights ago too. Man, I enjoyed both those holes while they lasted 😂

I played in our noon game yesterday and shot a 76 with some absolutely abysmal putting and pumping one OB. I made a few or got really close from 15-25ft but from 3-7ft I lipped out every single one. I can say there were a lot of new and interesting pin locations but still I 3 putted 2 short birdie putts. I also 3 putted a 30ft eagle putt after driving a par 4. Overall I was hitting the ball really well but left several strokes out there.

After settling up bets I decided to play another 9 with a couple buddies. One of them I’m giving my old irons to and I let him know he should have them soon. We tee off and I’m pulling up to my tee shot and lo and behold I get a notification that there has been a delivery. We pick up the tee shots and head straight to the house to get them. I quickly unwrap and then and snap a few pictures and then we head back to course because no way I’m not going to hit shiny new clubs!

Here’s some pics of the old sticks and the new ones.
5C7BE42D-7B2F-490C-BEDA-F33C2785C5B6.jpeg
A954C4D3-F864-4B3C-866B-86054A5FB438.jpeg
67DED61F-EA88-4729-9E4C-51442E12B874.jpeg
E7FC4EC6-FFE1-4570-86F3-4887478EA479.jpeg
09521D99-F81C-4EF5-8EA2-B9D03BA428F2.jpeg
69DB9039-6637-451F-AE45-FA155ECC233F.jpeg
9C21EC58-DE3C-429D-94B0-49D37FEFC121.jpeg

I played in our noon game yesterday and shot a 76 with some absolutely abysmal putting and pumping one OB. I made a few or got really close from 15-25ft but from 3-7ft I lipped out every single one. I can say there were a lot of new and interesting pin locations but still I 3 putted 2 short birdie putts. I also 3 putted a 30ft eagle putt after driving a par 4. Overall I was hitting the ball really well but left several strokes out there.

After settling up bets I decided to play another 9 with a couple buddies. One of them I’m giving my old irons to and I let him know he should have them soon. We tee off and I’m pulling up to my tee shot and lo and behold I get a notification that there has been a delivery. We pick up the tee shots and head straight to the house to get them. I quickly unwrap and then and snap a few pictures and then we head back to course because no way I’m not going to hit shiny new clubs!

View attachment 9112123
View attachment 9112124
View attachment 9112125
View attachment 9112126
View attachment 9112127
View attachment 9112128
View attachment 9112129
Nice Tyler (@Raiderboost) and may I say, it is about time. So how were they?

Last edited:
Nice Tyler (@Raiderboost) and may I say, it is about time. So how were they?
Well I was a few drinks and a fireball shot in after playing 18 already. It took a little getting used to the weight of the irons but I hit a couple good iron shots. I also hit a couple of nice shots with the 4 hybrid. After we got done I took the PW, 8, and 6 to the range right as they were closing it up so I got a few balls to hit. After a few and adjusting to the heavier shaft I started hitting some really good shots. I’m going to try and get out tomorrow afternoon and get some more time and a round in with them but so far I like what I’ve seen.

Well I was a few drinks and a fireball shot in after playing 18 already. It took a little getting used to the weight of the irons but I hit a couple good iron shots. I also hit a couple of nice shots with the 4 hybrid. After we got done I took the PW, 8, and 6 to the range right as they were closing it up so I got a few balls to hit. After a few and adjusting to the heavier shaft I started hitting some really good shots. I’m going to try and get out tomorrow afternoon and get some more time and a round in with them but so far I like what I’ve seen.
Great to hear. Hope it works out for you. I love my current clubs and will/would be reluctant to change them now that they are working for me.

View attachment 9112123
View attachment 9112124
View attachment 9112125
View attachment 9112126
View attachment 9112127
View attachment 9112128
View attachment 9112129
Upgrade!

Great to hear. Hope it works out for you. I love my current clubs and will/would be reluctant to change them now that they are working for me.
I loved my clubs too, but the new Cobra clubs are damn nice!

Today is a double special day (well triple actually lol). Az THP Golf league this morning, my 60th birthday, and right now attending Stars of Magic here in Tucson! I’m not performing anymore, but my daughter is featured by opening both halves of tonight’s show. Break a leg Valerie Spell !!
4FF68659-7D7A-4888-A08D-2E5868142A07.jpegE0484726-F1EF-4EE1-BE87-88BEEE23D2AD.jpeg

Back