EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

I played in our noon game yesterday and shot a 76 with some absolutely abysmal putting and pumping one OB. I made a few or got really close from 15-25ft but from 3-7ft I lipped out every single one. I can say there were a lot of new and interesting pin locations but still I 3 putted 2 short birdie putts. I also 3 putted a 30ft eagle putt after driving a par 4. Overall I was hitting the ball really well but left several strokes out there.

After settling up bets I decided to play another 9 with a couple buddies. One of them I’m giving my old irons to and I let him know he should have them soon. We tee off and I’m pulling up to my tee shot and lo and behold I get a notification that there has been a delivery. We pick up the tee shots and head straight to the house to get them. I quickly unwrap and then and snap a few pictures and then we head back to course because no way I’m not going to hit shiny new clubs!

Here’s some pics of the old sticks and the new ones.
View attachment 9112123
View attachment 9112124
View attachment 9112125
View attachment 9112126
View attachment 9112127
View attachment 9112128
View attachment 9112129
That is a great looking bag, the King Tec just look so sharp in there!

Nice looking bag @Raiderboost what is the shaft difference from before?

Today is a double special day (well triple actually lol). Az THP Golf league this morning, my 60th birthday, and right now attending Stars of Magic here in Tucson! I’m not performing anymore, but my daughter is featured by opening both halves of tonight’s show. Break a leg Valerie Spell !!
View attachment 9112166View attachment 9112168
Dude this is really freaking cool and has to be pretty dang special for you.

I played in our noon game yesterday and shot a 76 with some absolutely abysmal putting and pumping one OB. I made a few or got really close from 15-25ft but from 3-7ft I lipped out every single one. I can say there were a lot of new and interesting pin locations but still I 3 putted 2 short birdie putts. I also 3 putted a 30ft eagle putt after driving a par 4. Overall I was hitting the ball really well but left several strokes out there.

After settling up bets I decided to play another 9 with a couple buddies. One of them I’m giving my old irons to and I let him know he should have them soon. We tee off and I’m pulling up to my tee shot and lo and behold I get a notification that there has been a delivery. We pick up the tee shots and head straight to the house to get them. I quickly unwrap and then and snap a few pictures and then we head back to course because no way I’m not going to hit shiny new clubs!

View attachment 9112123
View attachment 9112124
View attachment 9112125
View attachment 9112126
View attachment 9112127
View attachment 9112128
View attachment 9112129
Nice new sticks - wow that’s some replacement

That’s a big difference from stiff to extra stiff in weight, different shaft I assume?
who doesn’t like almost 30g differences? I went from 100g to 130g. Took all of a range session to adjust, but my range sessions can also be like 2hrs hahaha

who doesn’t like almost 30g differences? I went from 100g to 130g. Took all of a range session to adjust, but my range sessions can also be like 2hrs hahaha
I went the exact opposite last year. 120g down to 90g and has been one of the best things I’ve done equipment wise - shows the success of a decent fitting!

That’s a big difference from stiff to extra stiff in weight, different shaft I assume?
Yeah the old ones were just the stock nippon NS Pro 1030H stiff shaft that came with the S3’s these are the Pro Modus Tour 130.

View attachment 9112123
View attachment 9112124
View attachment 9112125
View attachment 9112126
View attachment 9112127
View attachment 9112128
View attachment 9112129
Sweet bag man👍

View attachment 9112123
View attachment 9112124
View attachment 9112125
View attachment 9112126
View attachment 9112127
View attachment 9112128
View attachment 9112129

Nice round...sweet set up 🔥

Today is a double special day (well triple actually lol). Az THP Golf league this morning, my 60th birthday, and right now attending Stars of Magic here in Tucson! I’m not performing anymore, but my daughter is featured by opening both halves of tonight’s show. Break a leg Valerie Spell !!
Happy Birthday! Congrats on being selected. Looking forward to meeting you and playing some golf.

Got My Morgan Cup bag out from last year for league tonight. Pretty much same setup I had but with a LTDX LS driver. #teamhackers for life!

Made it to New York late last night from Iceland. Waiting at the gate for our flight to Savannah.

Hope to be at the golf course this afternoon to clear the cobwebs out.

Haven’t had a cigar or a good liquor drink in over two weeks.

There ought to be a pile of golf shaft boxes on the porch waiting for me.

Got a text from the head pro at our club that they need a guy for the Interclub ProAm tomorrow. I’m in!

Nothing but golf and more golf until the Morgan Cup now.

Well maybe a little fishing and dove hunting too come September.

It is Cloudspun hoody weather in NH this morning. :)

That is all.

It’s 7:30 and I’m already approaching 80 degrees

I shouldn't be so enthusiastic for 50* mornings.... that means snow will be happening all too soon.

That's awesome and happy birthday!!!

Back