EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Really though the course I was playing had the worst greens I’ve ever played on over the front 9. Bare patch’s, piles of sand, quilted turf pieces, etc. Two 4 putts, four 3 putts, It was bad.

Really though the course I was playing had the worst greens I’ve ever played on over the front 9. Bare patch’s, piles of sand, quilted turf pieces, etc. Two 4 putts, four 3 putts, It was bad.

Damn that sucks. Hate running into greens like that.

Damn that sucks. Hate running into greens like that.
Definitely. The back 9 were good and I had 15 putts so at least I know it wasn’t me

I
Definitely. The back 9 were good and I had 15 putts so at least I know it wasn’t me
expect the greens at Old Waverly and at Mossy Oak will be more to your liking. 🙂

It was about 200 out on our short par 5. One of the best shots I hit all day. 5 iron runner up just off the green.
So are you pretty much just aiming to get through the grass with as much speed as possible to get to the back of the ball and almost punch it out? Genuine question from a foreigner here 😂

So are you pretty much just aiming to get through the grass with as much speed as possible to get to the back of the ball and almost punch it out? Genuine question from a foreigner here 😂
You’re just trying to advance it as far as you can

Got some good Morgan Cup prep in this weekend in our course's annual Ryder Cup style tourney. I won all 4 of my matches and our team won big. Played really well today in the rain, and had a great singles match:
E8035F0F-032B-4AF6-B586-BBF7758EFD41.jpeg
Just gotta get a little play/practice in the next 2 weeks to stay sharp and I'm ready to go

Got some good Morgan Cup prep in this weekend in our course's annual Ryder Cup style tourney. I won all 4 of my matches and our team won big. Played really well today in the rain, and had a great singles match:
View attachment 9123191
Just gotta get a little play/practice in the next 2 weeks to stay sharp and I'm ready to go
That's some great shooting there Will, well played 🔥

View attachment 9123191
That is some great golf!

Don’t worry, I have played it several times and am still trying to figure it out 😅
Drive, two PWs and a one putt par. What could go wrong?

Sooo just a little over 2 weeks to go! We are nearing crunch time! Any last minute bag changes, tweaks or otherwise?

View attachment 9123191
Take some time off. Rest yourself. ;)

Pretty much. It's hit and hope. And hitting 5 iron there probably wasn't the smart shot but it was a chance to be on or near the green in 2 and worked out.

I was also in a couple of low spots where water collects and the rough was 3-4 inches deep and much thicker.

Great weekend fo golf for me. 13 holes Friday afternoon (darkness set in). Saturday was the Summer League championship. 5th of 12 in my flight at a course I never played before. Sunday, played with 5 of the AZTHP crew. Hard course with evil pin locations. Shot net par!

Now to keep climbing that mountain until Mississippi!

Did Yags just go with "Traj". I love him. :ROFLMAO:

Sooo just a little over 2 weeks to go! We are nearing crunch time! Any last minute bag changes, tweaks or otherwise?
Final change for me is to the driver. My swing with it lately hasn’t been great and performance has been less than satisfactory at 48% fairway and 264yd avg.

Last week I went to a shorter shaft, adjusted the loft up 1 to 10°, and made a slight setup adjustment. My range sessions have been very positive since the change. On Saturday in my tournament I hit 6/10 fairways and avg drive was 275yds.

I’ve got a few more tune up rounds scheduled and some practice sessions but the adjustments are done and the bag is set.

Back