EXPERIENCE The 2022 Morgan Cup: Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Quick question for the participants.

Since you all have found out about being chosen to participate in this AWESOME event you have been grinding on the range and the course. (For some people it has been 2 long years @HarlettoScara ...) What do you feel is the most improved aspect of you game from the then until now?

Since you all have found out about being chosen to participate in this AWESOME event you have been grinding on the range and the course. (For some people it has been 2 long years @HarlettoScara ...) What do you feel is the most improved aspect of you game from the then until now?
I feel like my short game has gotten much better than it was, which makes sense as I have focused the most practice on it. I would also say my iron play has gotten better (though I think a big contributor to that is the irons themselves)

Definitely my approach play, due to a mix of a lesson, focused practice, and great equipment

For me it’s the driver, I haven’t been this confident off the tee in a long time, if ever.

I'd say the driver for me as well. It's always been streaky for me where I can be hot and then cold. The LTDx has made those cold stretches much shorter.

I spent a lot of time working with short game and my overall swing. While I do hit the range, I spent a much larger time out on the course.
I joined a second league to get more “pressure “ to my golf.

if you ask my friends, thanks to the LTDX,my tee game is the most improved. It had the most room to gain. And I feel it’s getting there.

Putting. The tech in the Cobra line is solid and there’s something to that SIK face. I may mishit it, but the touch is there pending completely misreading uphill vs downhill putts. I’ve left a lot of friendly second putts outside of 20ft

Putting. The tech in the Cobra line is solid and there’s something to that SIK face. I may mishit it, but the touch is there pending completely misreading uphill vs downhill putts. I’ve left a lot of friendly second putts outside of 20ft
The quality of roll that I get thanks to the SIK face and moi in the Agera is so great!

When packing please someone bring some scissors for those pesky Puma tags. Pro tip

Pro Tip #2 - not in carry on. :ROFLMAO:
There are ALOT of tags to cut 🤣👍🏻

I dont remember, what putter did you go with?

Short game for sure. I was good for 4 chunk and 2 bladed shots per round to by the green. I might have one bad pitch shot a round now. Obviously, this has a lot to do with an extra practice in the short game area. I also give them some credit to them cobra putters. I have so much more confidence with it than I ever did before.

Looking back, one thing I didn't do as well as I would've liked is to take/have taken more pictures with everyone. Too many is better than not enough.

Debating on a grip change prior to leaving. Will I have time? :unsure:
Definitely. Thinking about a refresh and staying with the same grip, or try something else?

I dont remember, what putter did you go with?
Started with the Agera, now with the grandsport 35. Had slightly better touch with the Agera, but made more with the grandsport. Both are great putters though, I could put the Agera back in the bag tomorrow and be happy. I mean I won’t be, but I could haha

This is tough for me to say definitively since I've seen improvement in a few areas, mainly in shot selection, driver, and putting.

I've been making a concerted effort to get my driver more reliable, while keeping shots in play and getting the ball out there a little farther. The LTDx has helped with that, giving me more perceived forgiveness on mis-hits. I still definitely have work to do here, but I'm miles happier with my driver game than I was at the start of the season.

Putting. I LOVE the SIK face with descending loft technology. I feel like my putts are rolling better than ever, and I'm leaving myself in much better positions if I don't get the read of the green quite right. I'm pretty excited to play on some quicker greens than I'm used to.

And that brings us to shot selection. I've been keeping close tabs on my carry and total distances with each club so that I can make better decisions when it comes time to hit that perfect shot. But, that also means making smart plays to keep the ball moving in the right direction and setting myself up for my next shot.

Started with the Agera, now with the grandsport 35. Had slightly better touch with the Agera, but made more with the grandsport. Both are great putters though, I could put the Agera back in the bag tomorrow and be happy. I mean I won’t be, but I could haha
Last year I selected the Agera, My putting feel has improved so much, I want to be burried with it when I go. It will never leave my bag.

Last year I selected the Agera, My putting feel has improved so much, I want to be burried with it when I go. It will never leave my bag.
Kinda how I feel about the GS. Just a damn good putter, right there with the Agera.

Definitely. Thinking about a refresh and staying with the same grip, or try something else?
I was just having some fun. 😂 though I don’t love the grips right now they are what I had and are brand new so no reason to change

I was just having some fun. 😂 though I don’t love the grips right now they are what I had and are brand new so no reason to change
Haha! Sucked me right in, and I was a little surprised!

Back