LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2022 Titleist Experience Featuring TSR

So we actually asked the cashier about that. She said personally she’s seen 1500 but she said they’ve seen upwards of 4000 in one go.

Holy crap, I missed that. High rollers!!

I picked the wrong week to get squirrelly with the putter, that's for sure 😆 Straight up beastly greens.

I think it was also seeing other putts. I had a certain pace or line and then I watched someone roll out 10+ ft or more before me. It’s scary as hell.

Holy crap, I missed that. High rollers!!

Yeah we asked the first day. That’s when someone said I can’t imagine the overhead here. The manager said what ever you are thinking times that by 5x 😂.

I took the 8 hour drive home last night to sit there and compose my thoughts for this post. Not sure if I will get it right but here goes...

To @JB & @GolferGal... Thank you for putting together something that I can't even put into words. I truly appreciate that you created THP and in that you made it possible for a knucklehead like me to experience something like that. I will be forever grateful.

To Stephanie, Josh, & my new BFF JD from :titleist:... I know you guys do read this forum and I hope you see this post. You 3 made the event so much more special by being the people you are. I was humbled by being able to hang around the 3 of you and that's why I sat where I did at dinner each night. I will always cherish being cart mates w/ JD & Stephanie those 2 days. All of you were so kind and generous with your time and knowledge. It is certainly appreciated by all of us lucky enough to attend this event.

@Jman - If you have been on this forum for more than 5 minutes you know this guy is a legend and a rockstar. Dude just has that vibe about him that you want to hang out with. My guy bought lunch at our first meet up like it was nothing. Hero in my book. Can't wait to play that round with you my friend.

@Kmench - Heck of a golfer and hits the ball a mile. Even better guy though. Loved talking baseball over beers when we first met. Wish I got to see you pitch as I know you were an absolute bulldog on that mound. I will make it a point to someday go through Mason and have another drink with you.

@Duffer Waldorf - AKA Can't Miss Mike as I now call him. He is the quiet assassin. If you get to spend a few minutes with him though you realize there is not a nicer person on this planet. Loved watching you hit the ball before me as it gave me such positive vibes/thoughts before hitting mine.

@SkiBumGolfer - Dude beat me in the chipping contest by 2 inches and I can't even be mad as he made me laugh the entire trip. I will make it down your way to play that round at some point.

My cottage mates....

@Golf4Lux - He was my shoulder to cry on about my back pain. Glad I got to play that first round with you but I will remember Wed. morning most when it was just you and me out front enjoying the fog, dew, sunrise.

@Roadrunner - My fellow Navy vet. Sat right next to him at that first lunch and within minutes we were old friends reminiscing about our Navy days. I look forward to the wife and I taking that trip to Arizona and having another drink with you shipmate.

@BoilerCLE - Probably talked to him the most. Such a genuine guy and it was a blast playing that round with you. I'm glad I was able to be the one to give you a ride to the airport as I really enjoyed that conversation most of all the ones we had. Will definitely find a way to play again.

If you followed this thread you already know that Ballyhack is special and the new TSR woods line is elite. These fellow THP'ers are also special and elite. I thank all of you as well as JB, GG, JD, Stephanie, & Josh for making my Golden Ticket cash-in the perfect choice.

You chose well!

My favorite memento from this experience… my Golden Ticket signed by JB, JD, Stephanie, Josh, and all my fellow participants. Getting framed and hung in the office.
View attachment 9122419

This is the most original piece of experience memorabilia I've seen. And exclusive! Right on!

The full event swag haul, combined with my pro shop acquisitions. The more I think back on this event the more it blows my mind 🤯

View attachment 9122431

View attachment 9122432
Righteous!

If you’re talking about the second picture it’s actually light blue and just found out when I got home it’s buttons. It is really nice, got it for my wife
Oh really? I did not get that from the photo, I'd still happily rock a light blue without a doubt.

I took the 8 hour drive home last night to sit there and compose my thoughts for this post. Not sure if I will get it right but here goes...

To @JB & @GolferGal... Thank you for putting together something that I can't even put into words. I truly appreciate that you created THP and in that you made it possible for a knucklehead like me to experience something like that. I will be forever grateful.

To Stephanie, Josh, & my new BFF JD from :titleist:... I know you guys do read this forum and I hope you see this post. You 3 made the event so much more special by being the people you are. I was humbled by being able to hang around the 3 of you and that's why I sat where I did at dinner each night. I will always cherish being cart mates w/ JD & Stephanie those 2 days. All of you were so kind and generous with your time and knowledge. It is certainly appreciated by all of us lucky enough to attend this event.

@Jman - If you have been on this forum for more than 5 minutes you know this guy is a legend and a rockstar. Dude just has that vibe about him that you want to hang out with. My guy bought lunch at our first meet up like it was nothing. Hero in my book. Can't wait to play that round with you my friend.

@Kmench - Heck of a golfer and hits the ball a mile. Even better guy though. Loved talking baseball over beers when we first met. Wish I got to see you pitch as I know you were an absolute bulldog on that mound. I will make it a point to someday go through Mason and have another drink with you.

@Duffer Waldorf - AKA Can't Miss Mike as I now call him. He is the quiet assassin. If you get to spend a few minutes with him though you realize there is not a nicer person on this planet. Loved watching you hit the ball before me as it gave me such positive vibes/thoughts before hitting mine.

@SkiBumGolfer - Dude beat me in the chipping contest by 2 inches and I can't even be mad as he made me laugh the entire trip. I will make it down your way to play that round at some point.

My cottage mates....

@Golf4Lux - He was my shoulder to cry on about my back pain. Glad I got to play that first round with you but I will remember Wed. morning most when it was just you and me out front enjoying the fog, dew, sunrise.

@Roadrunner - My fellow Navy vet. Sat right next to him at that first lunch and within minutes we were old friends reminiscing about our Navy days. I look forward to the wife and I taking that trip to Arizona and having another drink with you shipmate.

@BoilerCLE - Probably talked to him the most. Such a genuine guy and it was a blast playing that round with you. I'm glad I was able to be the one to give you a ride to the airport as I really enjoyed that conversation most of all the ones we had. Will definitely find a way to play again.

If you followed this thread you already know that Ballyhack is special and the new TSR woods line is elite. These fellow THP'ers are also special and elite. I thank all of you as well as JB, GG, JD, Stephanie, & Josh for making my Golden Ticket cash-in the perfect choice.
Absolutely great post right here 🔥

My cottage mates....

Yeah truly couldn’t ask for a better group of people to share this event with. The course , the cottages, the titleist team, the gear/swag, the clubhouse, the service, etc. Just absolutely mind blowing. The THP staff that planned/coordinated this and our fittings deserve a massive THANK YOU.

Also I love we could share the struggle of back injuries together. 😆

My cottage mates....

This here is an honest view of how special that trip was. Followed it through the days, at times the time difference ment being tens of pages behind, but now my work computer has a Ballyhack background and it made me skip work today to go golfing 😂 (I make my own hours, so no worries...)

Thank you all for the updates!

Not ghosting y’all, just hanging out with the family before I get some more info out to you guys.

This here is an honest view of how special that trip was. Followed it through the days, at times the time difference ment being tens of pages behind, but now my work computer has a Ballyhack background and it made me skip work today to go golfing 😂 (I make my own hours, so no worries...)

Thank you all for the updates!

You can always work another day. Play golf my friend.

Also.. both my work monitors and my laptop at home have Ballyhack as a background!!

My favorite memento from this experience… my Golden Ticket signed by JB, JD, Stephanie, Josh, and all my fellow participants. Getting framed and hung in the office.
View attachment 9122419
Suggestion: do a double wide frame with the golden ticket on the left and your favorite ballyhack photo on the right. That is, of course assuming you didn't buy a pin flag from the pro shop to go beside the ticket.

Suggestion: do a double wide frame with the golden ticket on the left and your favorite ballyhack photo on the right. That is, of course assuming you didn't buy a pin flag from the pro shop to go beside the ticket.

I did not buy a flag. Love that idea.

Going to continue smattering some pics in here until I have a chance to compile a full write-up. Plus it kinda makes me feel like I'm still there 😭

Played 5 holes of the Goat Track with @Golf4Lux Steph and JD after lunch with the crew yesterday. Here's a few snaps from the fun! A couple of birds were had, including 1 each by myself and Lux! The new SM9's were showing off on full swings 😇

JD
PXL_20220921_192058408.jpg
Steph
PXL_20220921_192128677.jpg
@Golf4Lux
PXL_20220921_192206471.jpg
Myself
PXL_20220921_192242672.jpg

Going to continue smattering some pics in here until I have a chance to compile a full write-up. Plus it kinda makes me feel like I'm still there 😭

Played 5 holes of the Goat Track with @Golf4Lux Steph and JD after lunch with the crew yesterday. Here's a few snaps from the fun! A couple of birds were had, including 1 each by myself and Lux! The new SM9's were showing off on full swings 😇

JD
View attachment 9122554
Steph
View attachment 9122556
@Golf4Lux
View attachment 9122557
Myself
View attachment 9122559
I was very jealous of u guys who had a short drive home (not 8 hours) and got to hang around and play. Looks like a blast.

My cottage mates....

Love this write up so, so much. These are the nuggets that I love about these events. We get an eyeful of the event and the equipment as it's happening but the little touches about how how you all bonded and found new brothers (and sisters in some instances) is what I love to read about, personally. Great job, my friend. 👊

View attachment 9122419
Stuff like this are my favorite things participants do to remember the event! Love it!

No kidding. Putting is the strength of my game and I questioned lines constantly. 5-6 ft out were dangerous everytime and if you got aggressive at all you could rollout 5-6 ft pass maybe more. Honestly ended up with a longer putt coming back seems like a regular occurrence unless you land near the pin. I felt like I was defensive putting most of the time.

Sidenote: My haul from Ballyhack
View attachment 9122436
Nice haul...especially the towel!! :love:

Ok, so let try to get some of this amazing experience out of my mind and on here for you. First, a thank you goes out to my amazing wife @MarieM for her taking care of our daughter and for letting me go on this trip lol.
Monday started off great with arriving at the airport to pickup @Jman and @BoilerCLE. From there we head over to Three Notch’d and meet up with @Roadrunner for a few beverages and food. @SkiBumGolfer, @bigbov, and @Golf4Lux so show up not too long after and unfortunately @Duffer Waldorf didn’t make it in time.

Pulling up to the course is just so awesome, I actually missed the driveway and glad I did because driving past and getting to see the view from the street is just crazy awesome. You guys have no idea how much these pictures do such a disservice to the beautiful layout of this place. If you happen to be near it you have to drive by it to get an understanding of just how gorgeous it really is.

To the guys that I got to enjoy this experience with, it was truly my pleasure to be out there with you guys and meeting and getting to talk it up with you all. This was my first experience with THP and my first ever golf trip with a group and I absolutely loved it. It was really truly my pleasure to be there with you all and being able to talk with you all. @SkiBumGolfer that TSR2 is just flat out amazing for you. That 275 carry to the practice green and the many other drives you had were just awesome to see the ball keep going when you’d think it should start to fall. And your iron ball striking is really good and really enjoyed hearing your shots with both the driver and irons. The TSR2 sounds so freaking good I can’t get over it. @BoilerCLE I can’t wait to hear how much better your iron game is after you properly get fit. The way you hit Talges 6 iron that was a inch shorter and went farther than yours was funny and just a glimpse of whats to come. @Jman I had so much fun and so many laughs with you, it was really great. Cannot wait for the next time you come up to Cincy so we can all get out to play at the O or Stonelick Hills with @Canadan.

The knowledge and passion that came from Talge, Stephanie, and Jacqueline just make me that much more excited to be playing this TSR3 driver. JT I really hope I get to tee it up with you again when you make it over to Cincinnati, really enjoyed sharing a cart with you. JD you were so much fun to share a cart with as well, and you don’t need to worry about my neck, I don’t have whiplash hahaha. Had so much fun.

The food was beyond amazing, thank you so much @GolferGal for setting up our dinners and the lobster surprise was out of this world.

You guys have seen the pictures of the course and how amazing it is. The one part of this course that we didn’t show or mention is Ray, our caddy. I was lucky enough to have him for both days, he is so nice and engaging with us all. He was always running around trying to fix everyone’s ball marks and fixing bunkers and then running to read putts, he's just awesome and glad to have him.

These woods are out of this world. I got fit into the TSR3 9* set at D1 and the slide weight at the inner toe location with Ventus Black 6X. The fairway is the TSR3 16.5 set at D1 and inner toe slide weight location as well, with the 1K Black 75 TX shaft. The forgiveness, ball speed, distance, and dispersion on the mishits can’t be beat. I had quite a few drives where my ball should have been off the planet. But because of what the team at Titleist did with this new line up I had a lot of nice opportunities for my second shot. I was just talking to my dad about the trip and told him how he really needs the new 2 in his bag bad. I cannot wait till I’m able to get this monster back out on the course when I’m not nervous and not trying to show off.

@JB and @GolferGal, I can’t tell you guys how truly honored I am to be a part of this great amazing experience with the Titleist crew and the awesome group of guys I got to meet. I absolutely loved every second of it and can’t thank you guys, Titleist, and the staff at Ballyhack enough for everything that you guys did for us.

I can’t wait to do some more testing and review this forgiving powerful monster of a driver.

Ok, so let try to get some of this amazing experience out of my mind and on here for you. First, a thank you goes out to my amazing wife @MarieM for her taking care of our daughter and for letting me go on this trip lol.
Monday started off great with arriving at the airport to pickup @Jman and @BoilerCLE. From there we head over to Three Notch’d and meet up with @Roadrunner for a few beverages and food. @SkiBumGolfer, @bigbov, and @Golf4Lux so show up not too long after and unfortunately @Duffer Waldorf didn’t make it in time.

Pulling up to the course is just so awesome, I actually missed the driveway and glad I did because driving past and getting to see the view from the street is just crazy awesome. You guys have no idea how much these pictures do such a disservice to the beautiful layout of this place. If you happen to be near it you have to drive by it to get an understanding of just how gorgeous it really is.

To the guys that I got to enjoy this experience with, it was truly my pleasure to be out there with you guys and meeting and getting to talk it up with you all. This was my first experience with THP and my first ever golf trip with a group and I absolutely loved it. It was really truly my pleasure to be there with you all and being able to talk with you all. @SkiBumGolfer that TSR2 is just flat out amazing for you. That 275 carry to the practice green and the many other drives you had were just awesome to see the ball keep going when you’d think it should start to fall. And your iron ball striking is really good and really enjoyed hearing your shots with both the driver and irons. The TSR2 sounds so freaking good I can’t get over it. @BoilerCLE I can’t wait to hear how much better your iron game is after you properly get fit. The way you hit Talges 6 iron that was a inch shorter and went farther than yours was funny and just a glimpse of whats to come. @Jman I had so much fun and so many laughs with you, it was really great. Cannot wait for the next time you come up to Cincy so we can all get out to play at the O or Stonelick Hills with @Canadan.

The knowledge and passion that came from Talge, Stephanie, and Jacqueline just make me that much more excited to be playing this TSR3 driver. JT I really hope I get to tee it up with you again when you make it over to Cincinnati, really enjoyed sharing a cart with you. JD you were so much fun to share a cart with as well, and you don’t need to worry about my neck, I don’t have whiplash hahaha. Had so much fun.

The food was beyond amazing, thank you so much @GolferGal for setting up our dinners and the lobster surprise was out of this world.

You guys have seen the pictures of the course and how amazing it is. The one part of this course that we didn’t show or mention is Ray, our caddy. I was lucky enough to have him for both days, he is so nice and engaging with us all. He was always running around trying to fix everyone’s ball marks and fixing bunkers and then running to read putts, he's just awesome and glad to have him.

These woods are out of this world. I got fit into the TSR3 9* set at D1 and the slide weight at the inner toe location with Ventus Black 6X. The fairway is the TSR3 16.5 set at D1 and inner toe slide weight location as well, with the 1K Black 75 TX shaft. The forgiveness, ball speed, distance, and dispersion on the mishits can’t be beat. I had quite a few drives where my ball should have been off the planet. But because of what the team at Titleist did with this new line up I had a lot of nice opportunities for my second shot. I was just talking to my dad about the trip and told him how he really needs the new 2 in his bag bad. I cannot wait till I’m able to get this monster back out on the course when I’m not nervous and not trying to show off.

@JB and @GolferGal, I can’t tell you guys how truly honored I am to be a part of this great amazing experience with the Titleist crew and the awesome group of guys I got to meet. I absolutely loved every second of it and can’t thank you guys, Titleist, and the staff at Ballyhack enough for everything that you guys did for us.

I can’t wait to do some more testing and review this forgiving powerful monster of a driver.

Heck of a write-up there my man! Your enthusiasm for the event showed through in every moment, and it was a pleasure to share two rounds with you and watch you punish that TSR3 like it owed you money. Hope to tee it up with you again sometime very soon! If you are ever in eastern PA hit me up, and I'll do the same if I'm ever in Ohio!

Now that I'm home, unpacked, and rested, time to jot a few thoughts on the past few days....

Accommodations - Ballyhack was everything I thought it would be and more! The cottages were cozy, the food was amazing, very friendly staff, and those Transfusions...sooooo good!!!

Course - Hole #1 is a great indication of what's in store for golfers the entire round: tee shot into a left sloped fairway, then make sure to have enough club to clear the front of the elevated green (which I failed to do all three times I played #1). Oh, and it gets better from there :cool: Very tough golf course, but not tricked up in any way: you definitely earn your score. Carded a 90 on day one, 90-ish on day two (w/birdies on 5 & 17). I played with @Golf4Lux , @bigbov , and Jacqueline the first round: we had an absolute blast!! Day two was played with @Golf4Lux , @Jman , and Josh: not only did we have a great time, but watching @Jman and Josh absolutely crush a golf ball with their TSRs was a thing of beauty!!

The THP Players - From the first moment the THP group met at Three Notch'd Brewery, I knew this was going to be a fun few days! Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better group to be in an event with! @Duffer Waldorf , @SkiBumGolfer , @BoilerCLE , @Jman , @bigbov (my squid brother), @Kmench , and @Golf4Lux (my cartmate for two days) were all great golfers and even better people! If any of you need to escape the snow and ice coming your way shortly, come out to AZ and play in an Arizona THP League event!!

THP/Titleist Staff - None of this would have been possible without the support of THP and Titleist! A sincere thank you to @JB and @GolferGal for their tireless work in setting up the Titleist Experience! Then there's the Titleist gang: Josh, Stephanie, and Jacqueline were knowledgeable, generous with their time, and also pretty darn good golfers in their own right!!

TSR Driver/Fairway clubs - I don't have the most repeatable swing, so I definitely have my moments of lol golfing. However, I do know that when I hit it like I should, my TSR driver goes BOOM!! My Titleist fitter nailed it for me: for example, I made a slight adjustment prior to round two, going .75* flat like I normally did with my drivers. After seeing two drives go tailing off to the right, I went back to A1 (standard loft/lie), and my drives went back to straight and long. Not only did it show me that those loft/lie settings do make a difference, but that my fitting wasn't just for show. My TSR 5 wood has also been quite the pleasant surprise: off the tee it's darn near automatic, and off the turf it has been solid. If you don't at least demo TSR, you are missing out!!

Again, I am grateful to THP to be afforded such a wonderful opportunity. Every moment of the Titleist Experience was memorable, and makes me glad to be a part of such a fantastic community!

Back