EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

3 HDI off the tee and for the second shot. Maybe a 9 or PW in.

Time to wrap up the front 9. Hole #9 - 546 Par 5. Looks to be some trouble all over. How are you playing it??

The ninth hole is considered by many to be one of the finest par 5s in the country. A large lake and bunker to the right of the fairway collect stray drives, while woods to the left hinder second shots. The most important shot on this hole is the second. This shot will be a long iron or fairway wood directed to the right side of the fairway. To the left, a wandering fairway bunker and large oak trees crowd the small second-shot landing area. The green is very thin and severely sloped from the front to the back right. A severely banked maintained bunker guards the left and rear of the green, along with a small maintained bunker. Another small bunker in the front causes problems for players coming up short. Approach shots to the green will be with a middle to short iron. As this hole progresses from the tee to the green, it becomes more narrow and demanding. This hole can make or break a good outward nine holes. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

View attachment 9110088View attachment 9110089
View attachment 9110090

it’s a tricky par 5. The second shot is very awkward and then green is quite narrow. A rare case where a par is a good score on a par 5 in my opinion.

it’s a tricky par 5. The second shot is very awkward and then green is quite narrow. A rare case where a par is a good score on a par 5 in my opinion.
It's become very evident that we live in two separate golfing universes. :p

It's become very evident that we live in two separate golfing universes. :p

Pars on par 5s are usually “meh”. Here it’s a nice, good score. I need to play some golf. Over 2 weeks and counting since last round. Sigh.

Pars on par 5s are usually “meh”. Here it’s a nice, good score. I need to play some golf. Over 2 weeks and counting since last round. Sigh.
Hope you can get back out there soon. I think I'd go insane.

Those last three holes on the front aren’t easy. If you are looking to finish hot you will need to keep the ball in play. The par 3 is a tough long uphill hole take an extra club.

Time to wrap up the front 9. Hole #9 - 546 Par 5. Looks to be some trouble all over. How are you playing it??

The ninth hole is considered by many to be one of the finest par 5s in the country. A large lake and bunker to the right of the fairway collect stray drives, while woods to the left hinder second shots. The most important shot on this hole is the second. This shot will be a long iron or fairway wood directed to the right side of the fairway. To the left, a wandering fairway bunker and large oak trees crowd the small second-shot landing area. The green is very thin and severely sloped from the front to the back right. A severely banked maintained bunker guards the left and rear of the green, along with a small maintained bunker. Another small bunker in the front causes problems for players coming up short. Approach shots to the green will be with a middle to short iron. As this hole progresses from the tee to the green, it becomes more narrow and demanding. This hole can make or break a good outward nine holes. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

View attachment 9110088View attachment 9110089
View attachment 9110090

looks like a pretty straightforward 3-shot hole. no risk reward for me. drive to the fat of the fairway. mid iron or hybrid to 80-120 yards. safely on the green with a look at a bird.

i played today with my oldest son. it was great to be with him! my back didn’t agree, though. just couldn’t stay in the shot through impact and had some really bad contact all day. one of those annoying days where i didn’t hit a single good shot. but i kept it together with no doubles and a decent if uninspiring score.

we are getting close to video conference day! my wheels have been turning a lot lately, wondering what @Vosh68 has in store for us. i have some ideas, which are likely WAY off haha

Those last three holes on the front aren’t easy. If you are looking to finish hot you will need to keep the ball in play. The par 3 is a tough long uphill hole take an extra club.

Can't wait for the video call next week. Hoping we learn some things we aren't allowed to talk about!

we are getting close to video conference day! my wheels have been turning a lot lately, wondering what @Vosh68 has in store for us. i have some ideas, which are likely WAY off haha
Same. The wheels have really been spinning lately. Especially now that I know for sure the Recoil 95 F3 are gonna be the shafts for me in whatever irons I play.

Same. The wheels have really been spinning lately. Especially now that I know for sure the Recoil 95 F3 are gonna be the shafts for me in whatever irons I play.

No stiff shaft?

Now on to the backside of TPC Sawgrass - the inward 9.

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards
The inward nine begins with a dogleg par 4, just as the front nine does. However, the 10th hole doglegs to the left, with a large bunker down the left side of the fairway and very dense trees to the right. Again, the narrow landing area for the drive demands accuracy. Most players will select a fairway wood from the tee to set up a middle or short iron approach to the green, which is protected by two maintained bunkers in the front right. Grass bunkers crowd the entire left side of this deceiving green. From the landing area the green appears to be very large; actually, it is narrow and fades away from the players. This green offers a variety of pin placements, making the position of the drive very important.

1659963746660.png1659963914776.png
1659963883199.png

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards
The inward nine begins with a dogleg par 4, just as the front nine does. However, the 10th hole doglegs to the left, with a large bunker down the left side of the fairway and very dense trees to the right. Again, the narrow landing area for the drive demands accuracy. Most players will select a fairway wood from the tee to set up a middle or short iron approach to the green, which is protected by two maintained bunkers in the front right. Grass bunkers crowd the entire left side of this deceiving green. From the landing area the green appears to be very large; actually, it is narrow and fades away from the players. This green offers a variety of pin placements, making the position of the drive very important.

View attachment 9110872View attachment 9110874
View attachment 9110873

well-struck fairway, hopefully 9i or 8i in. looks like that green is NO JOKE.

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards

View attachment 9110873

Another really tight tee shot. Pretty sure I made a mess of this hole when I played it. Just an uncomfortable one where you have to be very accurate. Its tempting to bail out short and right but that leaves a nasty approach in. A nice tight draw is the play if you can hit it.

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards

View attachment 9110873
3 hybrid on this one to an easy PW into the green.

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards

View attachment 9110873
mean little hole. probably laying back with 4i again and hoping for a 9i in.

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards

View attachment 9110873
Probably one of the hardest tee shots on the course for me especially when I hit a fade. Best placement is on the left center because anything right will add a longer shot in to the green.

#10 - Par 4 - 392 yards

View attachment 9110873

Poke a 3W down the middle and the rest is easy...famous last words!

Last edited:
This has probably been spoken about, but with just a few weeks away from the Victory Cup, I wonder if many playing has been just practicing the distance of the 17th island green. Maybe you don't have an island green to practice at, but the distance is nailed down as best as possible without having the Mizuno in hand.

Can't wait to see that live stream.

I'd aim my driver at the X and hope for a smooth 8 iron in 91945FB5-5F5A-475F-9267-8390759529B0.jpeg

Back