EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

the question is do i make the smart decision, or do i make the full on crazy town internet golfer decision???
If you don’t do crazy town are you even an internet golfer?

Anyone else been pondering bag setups the last few days??

Yes and I’m going a little batty with it. I went down a rabbit hole last night of potential loft and lie options. These irons are going to be a 2° stronger lofted than my current irons and that set off all kinds of thoughts.

Is 2° too much? Do I have these adjusted 1° weaker? I like the idea of lower loft and potential for longer distances. It could make my 8i the 150 club Vosh was talking about. But then does it mess up gapping and really alter the way I need to play the courses down there? How is that spur of the moment adjustment going to go?

Then that got me to start thinking about my toe side miss. Should I have these adjusted 1 or 2 flat to compensate or is it a better idea to refine the swing? Do I have enough time left to make a swing adjustment like that?

The wild ride doesn’t end there. I started thinking about wedges. I love my Edel sms 56 and have become very versatile with it. But does 56° fit with the gapping? If I adjust 1° weak then it would make most sense to skip the set gap wedge and go 50°, 54°, 58° in the T22. Then what about the grind? Is Edel and Mizunos ‘cgrind’ the same? If not then what grinds do I go with?

There is some very real chaos going on in my head and it’s the best kind of awesome problems.

Yes and I’m going a little batty with it. I went down a rabbit hole last night of potential loft and lie options. These irons are going to be a 2° stronger lofted than my current irons and that set off all kinds of thoughts.

Is 2° too much? Do I have these adjusted 1° weaker? I like the idea of lower loft and potential for longer distances. It could make my 8i the 150 club Vosh was talking about. But then does it mess up gapping and really alter the way I need to play the courses down there? How is that spur of the moment adjustment going to go?

Then that got me to start thinking about my toe side miss. Should I have these adjusted 1 or 2 flat to compensate or is it a better idea to refine the swing? Do I have enough time left to make a swing adjustment like that?

The wild ride doesn’t end there. I started thinking about wedges. I love my Edel sms 56 and have become very versatile with it. But does 56° fit with the gapping? If I adjust 1° weak then it would make most sense to skip the set gap wedge and go 50°, 54°, 58° in the T22. Then what about the grind? Is Edel and Mizunos ‘cgrind’ the same? If not then what grinds do I go with?

There is some very real chaos going on in my head and it’s the best kind of awesome problems.
Spoken like a true internet golfer haha

Xposting from the T22 thread. I went to the golf store to settle my mind a bit regarding T22 bounce.

So I just got back from Golf Exchange to get eyes on the Mizuno grind options. They had all but S grind. In stock there.

I was surprised that the x grind looked good to my eye and the feel on the mat was nice. But the D grind most closely resembled the bounce of the Edel.

I’m pretty sure I am going to do S in the 50, D in the 54, and X in the 58.

Xposting from the T22 thread. I went to the golf store to settle my mind a bit regarding T22 bounce.

So I just got back from Golf Exchange to get eyes on the Mizuno grind options. They had all but S grind. In stock there.

I was surprised that the x grind looked good to my eye and the feel on the mat was nice. But the D grind most closely resembled the bounce of the Edel.

I’m pretty sure I am going to do S in the 50, D in the 54, and X in the 58.

i’m going d in the 56, c in the 60

the question is do i make the smart decision, or do i make the full on crazy town internet golfer decision???
You get my vote for Mayor of Crazy Town. Almost 36,000 posts qualify you as an internet golfer for sure.

Think I've got my mind made up with what I'm going with. Leaning towards going a little heavier in shafts than I have in the past.

Wedges will be 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 D Grind

victory cup vibes

Rained out again at TPC Sawgrass

The flurry of texting, ordering and editing orders was off the charts yesterday...me included.

Exciting to orders being placed. Just a month away!!!

Order placed! Fired up

Good round this morning. Swing changes are getting close. Lesson on Thursday then playing in my dad's member guest all weekend. Straight into the fire. We'll see how it holds up in competition.

Man, “order placed” is such a fun thing to post. I know you guys are pumped!

Man, “order placed” is such a fun thing to post. I know you guys are pumped!

SO pumped!

the order process is always a blast. something very interesting has unfolded between the teams. that should make for an awesome subplot as the event plays out!

SO pumped!

the order process is always a blast. something very interesting has unfolded between the teams. that should make for an awesome subplot as the event plays out!

Well that’s an interesting little teaser.

My swing has gone belly up...I'm taking a week off.

What's up guys? This is Walker from Mizuno - just wanted to jump in and say great to meet you all earlier and looking forward to next month! Pumped to be able to sub in for Jeremy and join you all.
All you need to do now is change your avatar to Chuck Norris!

R

R E L A X 😂

Back