EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

I want someone to find the bunker. :devilish:
I'd take the bunker.... that way I made it safely across and I always feel confident coming out of a bunker for a 1-putt par.

Day 17..... You know what hole is up... Hole 17!! 128 Par 3.

What are you hitting here??

In its brief history, the island hole has become one of the most renowned of its kind in the world. Each year it is the most popular among spectators. The signature hole is a short length par 3 with a wide green that narrows to the right side. The right side of the green is protected by a small maintained bunker, which sometimes will be a relief to players who come up short of the green. Club selection on this hole is critically important; with the tricky winds of spring, the Championship could be won or lost here. A larger spectator mound has been created behind the green.

View attachment 9112845View attachment 9112849
View attachment 9112850

Depends on the pin position and more importantly wind. It's kind of a tweener yardage for me but likely will hit a PW

Day 17..... You know what hole is up... Hole 17!! 128 Par 3.

What are you hitting here??

In its brief history, the island hole has become one of the most renowned of its kind in the world. Each year it is the most popular among spectators. The signature hole is a short length par 3 with a wide green that narrows to the right side. The right side of the green is protected by a small maintained bunker, which sometimes will be a relief to players who come up short of the green. Club selection on this hole is critically important; with the tricky winds of spring, the Championship could be won or lost here. A larger spectator mound has been created behind the green.

View attachment 9112845View attachment 9112849
View attachment 9112850

i'm thinking it's a pitching wedge. whether it's a full one or a partial one is dependent on wind.

Last day..... Hole 18. Then tomorrow we get our meeting with @Vosh68 and Mizuno!

A fantastic dogleg left awaits the players as they prepare to finish their rounds. Constant accuracy is of the utmost importance on this hole. Water guards the full length of the hole to the left, while large spectator mounds and trees line the right side. A collection of grass bunkers is situated in the front-right section of the green, while a lone maintained bunker stops shots hit left and long. This 18th has become one of the premier finishing holes in golf. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

1660739459823.png1660739477373.png
1660739508468.png

Hole 14 - 436 yard par 4. Traditionally, this hole has been one of the toughest to play. The narrow two-tiered driving area is paralleled down the left side by a narrow fairway bunker and a lateral water hazard. The right side is overshadowed by large, deep grass bunkers located within a very large mound. Between the driving area and the green is a vast bunker. The green is very large with severe undulations and long slopes. A maintained bunker protects the front left side of the green and a few other maintained bunkers hide among very large grass bunkers to the right and the rear of the green. A driver from the tee and a long to middle iron are the club selections on this treacherous hole.

View attachment 9111643View attachment 9111644
View attachment 9111645
That 2-way miss with driver will come in handy here. :rolleyes: I’d have to trust the predominant shot shape of the last 20+ years and aim up the right. Hopefully, I’m around 180 or better in and can hit an easy 6 or 7 to the middle,

Day 16 - Hole #16.

Not trying to take anything away from the event occuring as I type this, however, we need to talk about #16.

This short par 5 will give many players an opportunity to reach the green in two shots. A fairway wood or long iron will be required for the second shot, which must carry a large lateral water hazard, a maintained bunker and a bulkhead. All of these obstacles are to the right of the hole and start 150 yards from the green. To the left, a cluster of oak trees blocks a clear path to the green. Players who do not choose to attempt the green in two shots must direct their second shot to the narrow area protected by a grass bunker, a water hazard and the cluster of oak trees. The green has two tiers, sloping left to right toward the water that wraps around the rear of the green. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

View attachment 9112625View attachment 9112626
View attachment 9112629
Pray the draw is there and aim up the center. I know laying back and avoiding tree trouble is not the easiest shot but that’s what I’ll likely do. I just put a 5W in the bag and if it becomes a reliable club, it could an option if the yardage is right.

Last day..... Hole 18. Then tomorrow we get our meeting with @Vosh68 and Mizuno!

A fantastic dogleg left awaits the players as they prepare to finish their rounds. Constant accuracy is of the utmost importance on this hole. Water guards the full length of the hole to the left, while large spectator mounds and trees line the right side. A collection of grass bunkers is situated in the front-right section of the green, while a lone maintained bunker stops shots hit left and long. This 18th has become one of the premier finishing holes in golf. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

View attachment 9112999View attachment 9113000
View attachment 9113001

aim to the right.. Thats all I got.

A lot of factors take into consideration here. I will grab my gap wedge and pitching wedge then make my decision as I get to the box.
I think it’s a GW, depending as you say. Middle of the green is my play.

View attachment 9113001
Aim up the right and hope the draw is there. Good drive leaves me anywhere between 150-170. So, a full 9 to an easy 7 in, aimed at the right side of the green.

View attachment 9113001
If and I mean if I'm playing well.... I'll hit a cut up the left side and let it fall back to the right and leave a nice little 8 or 9 iron into the middle of the green.

View attachment 9113001

Going with the law of averages that my tee shot strays right, so aiming down the water side and letting it drift (or banana) in.

One of the hardest tee shots I’ve ever hit. If you bail out right it’s in the trees and then you have to punch right towards the water. Ask Cam Smith. Swing driver and hope it goes straight haha.

excuse me while i pick my jaw up from the floor
…and that is only the hotel gift shop…wait until you see the clubhouse.

One of the hardest tee shots I’ve ever hit. If you bail out right it’s in the trees and then you have to punch right towards the water. Ask Cam Smith. Swing driver and hope it goes straight haha.
Absolutely agree with you. Both times I’ve played 18, that water had a magnet to my ball. Rarely do I hit it left. 😂

Tomorrow is video call day.
I just wrapped up with Vosh and we are ready for you all.
We have some big announcements during this including you guys finding out before anybody about the clubs and talking about orders, etc.

We will be coming in hot, right after Worst Golf Podcast live stream, so get ready for fun.
Tomorrow morning each of you will receive a link that will work come 2pm.

We have some big announcements during this including you guys finding out before anybody about the clubs and talking about orders, etc.

We will be coming in hot, right after Worst Golf Podcast live stream, so get ready for fun.
So excited! I cannot wait for 2pm tomorrow after I sit through a terrible podcast :ROFLMAO:

i kept my afternoon WIDE open. i'm pumped!

I booked our conference room for this...can't wait!

So fired up for tomorrow! Let’s do this!

video conference day!!! knowledge bombs are coming. lips must stay sealed. so excited!

Have a great meeting today guys!

Enjoy today everyone!

Back