The 2nd Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Tour Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the entry deadline coming up, I wanted to ask a question to those of you who have submitted (I hope it's ok to do so, and if it's not, I apologize and will remove this post).

Having seen a lot of what's in Callaway, Cleveland, and Bridgestone's lineup for 2012 at this point, what company sponsorship would you prefer? and why?

Having seen a lot of what's in Callaway, Cleveland, and Bridgestone's lineup for 2012 at this point, what company sponsorship would you prefer? and why?

I think each brings something special to the event. If I had to choose one right now, it would probably be Cleveland. I have loved the products brought to market recently from what I have seen (not yet tried). We do not yet know Srixon's involvement but I think even with Cleveland by itself they have the most options so it is probably easier to find something that suits my game really well.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I would say bridgestone. I like their lineup this year and they have the best ball out there. Its hard for me not to say callaway cause they did an awesome job last year but it would be cool to get a change of pace

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just don't want to be sponsored by Bridgestone as it might make take my game a while to get used to the all righty equipment. Love the balls though.

I just don't want to be sponsored by Bridgestone as it might make take my game a while to get used to the all righty equipment. Love the balls though.

JB did not tell you that you and TC playing as righties is how the competition is evened out? Sounds like a solid plan to me!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Each company will offer a truly unique experience to us average everyday golfers. It will be an honor to represent either one of them.

To be real honest I don't have a preference. Last MC I was with Callaway Golf and they treated us very well. You know they could have an advantage over the other 2 sponsors because they've already gone through the process so they know what to expect. If they want to change something up from last time that didn't work well on their end they can do so. I love that each company will have the freedom to do what they want with their staffers.

When it comes to equipment and apparel each company offers something that I love and from what we've seen they all have something coming out that makes me drool. Just look at the wedge market, J40's vs 588's vs Callaway Forged....how can you go wrong?

With the entry deadline coming up, I wanted to ask a question to those of you who have submitted (I hope it's ok to do so, and if it's not, I apologize and will remove this post).

This a tough one, as all 3 OEMs have some great stuff coming out, and will all have their own unique way of working with their staffers.

The Razr XFs look stunning, and have me quite intrigued, as do the J40s. But, on the other hand, I find myself starting to become a big fan of Clevelands Black line, their new Irons, Wedges, FWs and Driver just absolutely work for me.

I cant really say that I would "prefer" one over another, but we know that the OEMs will be heavily involved with their staffers this year, and think it would be fun to have the opportunity to work with any of the three.

This used to be a clear cut answer, Bridgestone because of the J40 line and being able to hit it. But then I got my hands on the some of the Cleveland offerings and thought it wouldn't be bad to game their gear. Nothing against Callaway at all but I have only been exposed to the other two in a hands on sort of way. I know Callaway will have some quality product for 8 fortunate souls and I'd love to be apart of that. But based on hands on experience I'm leaning toward Bridgestone. I have spent sometime with the latest bad greatest in their line.
That being said I will represent whom ever will have me and like it.

Anybody that will have me. Its an honor to represent any of them and after trying most of their stuff, each company has some terrific equipment for 2012. I will let you guys in on something though. See each company will have a "captain" representing their brand. However none of the companies really want me as their captain. The truth is, because of my job and being asked to review and try so much different stuff, the companies would prefer a captain that is getting dialed in with their brand more than someone that is speaking so often with and about other brands. I cant say I blame them in that respect. In the end, I will rep whatever company gets stuck with me to the best of my abilities and will do so proudly.

I would be so very happy with any company, but I gotta be honest, I would love to be a Bridgestone staffer. I just find all their stuff so intriguing. All the companies just have stellar equipment, but Bridgestone just moves the needle for me.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Everything from every company intrigues me. I have been lusting after 588 wedges since I knew what 588 wedges were. The NC putters are just awesome! Cally has some phenominal technology in their drivers and woods and you gotta love Odyssey putters. You also can't overlook the Miyazaki shafts that come in all Cleveland's stuff.

Edit: Edit: Also, I am highly interested in all the companies balls. BStone is very obviously awesome with their fitting. I love Srixon golf balls and I find the ZStar XV to be very interesting and that I can get it in yellow is that much more awesome. I love the Hex pattern of Callies balls.

Edit X3: I think to get sponsored by any of these companies would be more than my golf game deserves and I will completely geek out on the options. My hope is for Clevallaystone.

Anybody that will have me. Its an honor to represent any of them and after trying most of their stuff, each company has some terrific equipment for 2012. I will let you guys in on something though. See each company will have a "captain" representing their brand. However none of the companies really want me as their captain. The truth is, because of my job and being asked to review and try so much different stuff, the companies would prefer a captain that is getting dialed in with their brand more than someone that is speaking so often with and about other brands. I cant say I blame them in that respect. In the end, I will rep whatever company gets stuck with me to the best of my abilities and will do so proudly.

This is really cool JB and I love this idea a lot and it makes sense that the companies would not want you as the captain. All the companies are of course fantastic and it would be an honour to represent any of them.

I would be happy with any company. Each company offers such a stellar line of equipment, I could go any way! All I know is whatever company will this crazy old TMex will get one motivated and team oriented person. Cannot wait to call another company my sponsor!

I would be so very happy with any company, but I gotta be honest, I would love to be a Bridgestone staffer. I just find all their stuff so intriguing. All the companies just have stellar equipment, but Bridgestone just moves the needle for me.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Everything from every company intrigues me. I have been lusting after 588 wedges since I knew what 588 wedges were. The NC putters are just awesome! Cally has some phenominal technology in their drivers and woods and you gotta love Odyssey putters. You also can't overlook the Miyazaki shafts that come in all Cleveland's stuff.

Edit: Edit: Also, I am highly interested in all the companies balls. BStone is very obviously awesome with their fitting. I love Srixon golf balls and I find the ZStar XV to be very interesting and that I can get it in yellow is that much more awesome. I love the Hex pattern of Callies balls.

so what you are saying is each company gives you something you want and will gladly rep either of the 3

so what you are saying is each company gives you something you want and will gladly rep either of the 3

Yes! You absolutely cannot go wrong with this bunch! Clevallaystone FTW!

I think everyone would say that except the lefties.

Truth be told: I just want to make the show!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

The equipment to me is a very generous perk by the companies, but the real honor is just being able to play in the Morgan Cup.

As CB said, and being a fellow lefty, as long as I do not have to learn to play righty I will be ecstatic.

Really, what is awesome to me is getting something that will definitely fit my game and having a representative from the company who treats me like a tour player. I mean, really, how cool is that? I even took out the OEM's in my sig because I want to be able to rep the company that sponsors me and have it mean that much more (providing I get in of course).

Tricky woo of a question TC. Like many others have mentioned, each company has great offerings top to bottom. The real reason that I would very, very happy to rep any of the OEM's though is not the fancy driver or spiffy wedges however. It's that each company makes really, really good balls. Something that I think may get over looked when people think about equipment. From the 330, Hex Black/Chrome to the Zstar everyone offers a top, top ball to help you play your best.

Callaway just has a history of excellence and it would be cool to be apart of it. While they have big hitters on staff I always think laser accuracy with irons when I think Callaway which would well suit my game.

With Bridgestone, it would be really cool to be someone who helps introduce their clubs to the main stream North American market. They're pretty well known for the enthusiasts but how cool would it be to be one of the guys that makes people excited enough to run down to their local store and pick up a driver or a set or irons.

Cleveland just seems to be over looked by many golfers which is a shame. They make so many cool things for both the hardcore WRXer's and the play 4 times a year'er it's silly. One of the best to make sure you get fit properly to what you need and carrying that message would be neat.

Pure looks wise I'll admit the J40 Dual cavities have really caught my eye. Probably the only iron out there I like the look of as much as the Pro combo's.

The equipment to me is a very generous perk by the companies, but the real honor is just being able to play in the Morgan Cup.

I'll agree with Sean here. Being part of the event and interacting with all of the competitors in the first event meant so much more than the equipment. Obviously, representing a company is quite a thrill as well, I'd be happy with any of them, but the biggest deal to me is getting to be part of the event.

I would love to be sponsored by any of these fantastic OEMs. Since Bridgestone is out of the picture, it would be either Cally or Cleveland/Srixon for me. Cleveland's new stuff looks amazing. We haven't seen a ton of Callaway's new stuff, but what we have has also been awesome. I'm excited to see what else they have coming for 2012.

I would be happy with any company. Each company offers such a stellar line of equipment, I could go any way! All I know is whatever company will this crazy old TMex will get one motivated and team oriented person. Cannot wait to call another company my sponsor!

Haha I'm with you on the company thing. All of them are great especially if they are willing to sponsor you (twice) :p

I would say Cleveland mainly because I really like the Miyazaki shaft line. If I could play the Miyazaki shafts in the Bridgestone's or Callaway's it may be a different story.

I am really glad I submitted videos for the Morgan Cup and I appreciate all of the encouragement along the way.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

I am really glad I submitted videos for the Morgan Cup and I appreciate all of the encouragement along the way.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Same. My entry was in question for a while, but a bunch of guys reached out and convinced me. One member of team THP in particular was really supportive and nice to me. A great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back