I considered the 7 wood and hit it a bit too close to my 5 wood. I wound up with a 9 wood that I turned the loft down to 22*. I could have gotten a 7 wood and adjusted the loft up but I didn’t want the club to look shut at impact.

For me it fits a gap nicely between my 5i and 5w. I don’t get along real well with hybrids as I tend to miss left with them and the fairway wood flies a bit higher and lands softer than a hybrid also.

I've got my Heavenwood and if I were to change anything in the bag, I think it would come out, and I would replace it with a 4 or 5 wood instead.

I just don't get enough usage out of the HW from the fairways now (I would usually just hit a utility iron), and feel like I would get better usage out of a 4/5 wood off the tee, and the odd time it would get used from the fairway.

I used to carry a old Cobra 9 wood, that would shoot a 150 yard moonball with a minimal effort swing. That's somewhere around a 5 and a 6 iron for me and of course a super handy distance.

The head broke off it and it was never the same after some iffy clubsmithing surgery, so I tried a Ping G410 7 wood to replace it. Wanted to like that club but couldn't hit it at all.

Epic Flash 7W is one of my favorite clubs of all time. For me, it’s a go to club off the tee on short tight par 4s. Also when I need a high launch max distance shot from the fairway and rough. The distance is surprising.

I have thought about this for the last couple weeks. I’m going to update my 5W and when I do, I’ll also do a 7W. Right now it’s the Ping 425 for both. Really anxious to get this done lol Wish Mizuno had the STZ in a 7

Heavenwood basically is a 7w

If I could only have one fairway wood in the bag it might be a heavenwood. The longer shaft and bit less loft make it tremendously versatile. Because I can have multiple fairway woods I like the bit smaller head on the more lofted fairway woods it goes through the rough a bit better.

Epic Flash 7W is one of my favorite clubs of all time. For me, it’s a go to club off the tee on short tight par 4s. Also when I need a high launch max distance shot from the fairway and rough. The distance is surprising.

I play the same club. If I don’t loft it up I tend to lose it right so I play it at 23*. Then go to a 26* hybrid. Really like it.

I wished Maltby made a 7 wood, but I did not find one. I would buy a Callaway Mavrik or Cobra 7 wood, but so far hard to find a second hand one with regular flex in a decent price range.

I bagged a 7w just over 40 years ago when I started golf (yeah, I'm old) when they were more like today's 9 or 11 wood lofts. It won me a lot of KP 's on medium long par 3's and over trees to hit greens from crazy positions. I could work it from say 160 to 180 yards.

I've liked the 7w/4W combination theory for a while, and I think a 16-17 degree longest fairway wood in the bag is great. However I tried several new version 7woods (different brands) over a handful of years from say 2012 to 2017 but found them, for me, falling between a 5H and 4H distance, not the 3H replacement I was looking for. That included the Heavenwood (that I do not consider a 7w due to 3W or so shaft length). I also found the HW head size too large for versatility as I did in other 7W models,remembering the RBZ in particular.

I got a Ping G 7w two or three years ago and loved it as a 3H replacement as my swingsped dopped a bit for 3H carry. It tended to go a bit left though, so I opened it up and it perhaps it played more like a "6W" or 5w. I'm now playing the G410 20.5 7W (148cc head) and 17.5 5w (162cc head) both opened up a degree and they aren't going anywhere.

Epic Max 7w has come in and it’s maiden voyage is tomorrow. Excited is an understatement. 🥰44DABB10-D64F-4246-9D72-3C9A055428CC.jpeg

I haven't gamed one but would certainly consider it. I have a long game fitting this Saturday and who knows, maybe I end up getting guided in that direction. My 4 hybrid is usually a good club for me, but the gap is too big between it and my 5i, so I've considered going from a 3W/5W/4h/5i setup to a 4W/7W/(4i or 5h)/5i to close the gap AND make that ~190-210 yard distance easier and more consistent for me. On paper it doesn't seem like an important distance, but the courses I play seem to absolutely LOVE the 180-200 yard par 3 so it's very key for me.

I play a 7-wood, along with a 25º 11-wood. I find them easier to hit than hybrids.

I recently got a Cobra 7 wood and I expected it to travel much further than the hybrid I replaced it with. So I left it at 24.5° with my 5 wood at 19°. 5 goes 225 and 7 goes 210. The 7 flies so high, it's so majestic.

I just took delivery of a Rogue Heavenwood today and look forward to trying it out.

My goal has been to have a fairway wood I'm confident hitting off the turf. I need to carry it 200-210 yards and land it softly.

I've been carrying a Rogue 4 wood for a few weeks, and while it is automatic off the tee I can only seem to hit low bullets off the deck. I think looking down at more loft will help me, and I also chose a lighter and softer shaft to throw the ball up in the air more. We shall see.

I miss playing 3 FWs. 7W is a great option for anyone that appreciates FWs over hybrids. Wish I still had one of my old ones laying around to mess with now.

I am going to take one of my old 5Ws out this weekend and see how it compares to my 3H. For me a 7W would replace a 4I/4H in most sets.

I’ve never tried one, but am intrigued. I’ve struggled mightily with hybrids lately and need something that works between my 5 iron and driver.
It will fit there perfectly.

Heavenwood basically is a 7w
Yep. It's what I play in that slot. A little longer maybe than the 7 but definitely not a 5w. I find it to gap perfectly after my 4h. I have a bigger gap to my 3w but at that distance which is my 210+ range I am so inaccurate I am better off just playing my HW and having a chip and a putt. Or if being long is the better error I risk hitting my 3w flush and go for it.

Ironically I’ve used my new 7w 3 times in the last 2 days 🤣. 2 were great and one topped. 👍

I had a brief run at my new Rogue Heavenwood yesterday and I think I'm going to like it. It gets the ball UP so easily, but still seems to drive it hard.

I have one that I love (Mavrik Max). I am looking to upgrade to another 7 wood so this may be on the chopping block. Regardless, I'll always have a 7 wood in my bag

I added a 7w a few months ago. For me it goes about the same distance as my 4 iron, but with a much higher trajectory.

I've never tried a 7 wood but I really would like to .

The 7 wood is always in my bag. Super easy to hit and it’s the “why can’t I hit any club straight or decently today?” fix. It’s not spectacular but it’s safe when things are going awry.

Strongly considering one. I have an old 21* hybrid that could be looking to replace. 7w would be longer and more forgiving in theory.

Callaway heavenwood is the truth. My Rogue was awesome, Mav Max even better. If they offered it in B21 I would make the jump.

Back