The American Putter Company

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt

Anybody know anything about this company? Come across their website last night while browsing and THPing. They have pretty interesting looking putters.

Not much but I do have some head covers and they are solid. @KEV has some covers too.

gonna have to check them out for sure

Sounsa familiar and their stuff looks high quality

Not much but I do have some head covers and they are solid. @KEV has some covers too.
The headcovers are pretty high quality stuff. I'm a huge fan of how they look.

Those covers look great

It would be cool to see their actual putters, but I don't see any examples on their website

oh great I didnt need to see their website

It would be cool to see their actual putters, but I don't see any examples on their website
You can get an idea by clicking on the "APC Inspiration Gallery". Strong resemblance to Scotties and all the other boutique Anser knockoffs.

Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but I'm always a little turned off by a company who won't even give a physical location and have no means of communication other than an e-mail address.

Nice covers and lots of SWAG on the home page. The one putter head looks good. I can't find the gallery to previous putters.

Putter company with no putters in stock?

Name sounds familiar but I'm not familiar with any of their products. Looks very high quality.

Putter company with no putters in stock?
Long time lurker, but this one I've ordered from. They pretty much just focus on custom putters. I've got several headcovers, divot tools and ball markers. All shipped fast and great quality. I ordered a custom putter and was pretty much told "whatever you can come up with, we can do" so putting (pun intended) that to the test. Pretty pumped about the one I have coming, the updates have been awesome!

You can get an idea by clicking on the "APC Inspiration Gallery". Strong resemblance to Scotties and all the other boutique Anser knockoffs.

Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but I'm always a little turned off by a company who won't even give a physical location and have no means of communication other than an e-mail address.
I would normally agree but I've seen on other sites people who have ordered from them, and personally ordered and it was pretty quick w/ no issues. Pretty decent group on another site that orders their headcovers as gamers from the talk on their forum.

I also ordered one of their ostrich full quill grips for my MySpiderX. It’s incredible and a head turner. I got it after seeing my cousin’s on his custom putter from them.

Here’s his grip/putter:

The cavity has his last name in it, so leaving that photo out.

797351C9-5428-49A0-871C-621057A4506B.jpeg
D86A78CC-2D5D-4C4B-A1AF-F56BFC84F7B6.jpeg
B8E7DF70-1584-4122-931C-C8DC2E2F1B23.jpeg

I believe APC was started by a couple of guys from the Cameron collecting world. They saw an opportunity to take custom ordering to another level and ran with it. Some pretty cool looking stuff, but I think a lot of it lacks originality - which is why it hasn't really taken off in the main stream.

I do have one of their cover (very nice suede leather) and follow them on IG. Covers are pretty costly but really good quality.

I believe APC was started by a couple of guys from the Cameron collecting world. They saw an opportunity to take custom ordering to another level and ran with it. Some pretty cool looking stuff, but I think a lot of it lacks originality - which is why it hasn't really taken off in the main stream.
I think that was the point though. Instead of the same head as everyone else with unique paint colors and calling it “custom” they can literally do whatever you want on a putter. My cousin is a lawyer and has his last name/name of his firm milled out into the cavity. It has his name the way he wanted instead of “Cameron”, “Lamb”, “Bettinardi”, etc.. When I was ordering mine through them, my limitation was my imagination and what I wanted. I would ask them “can you do this?” and they said yes to everything and through out some cool ideas I hadn’t thought of. There was no “sorry we can’t do that”. Also unlike Scotty, Lamb, etc. that I reached out to I didn’t get a 9-18mo wait for partial custom and the price was significantly less than those guys. It was 2 weeks before they could get started on mine instead of months. I should get mine in next week and I’ll post pics and how it turned out from original design I asked for to what I got. From the updates I’ve gotten it’s better than imagined so far.

The Baker Mayfield and Brandon Weeden putters were good examples I saw on Instagram of them doing putters for the golfer using them opposed to the collector market.

I get if you want a Scotty, or a Lamb or a Betti, but if you want your name on it or your complete hand in it design this was the best company I have seen and priced.

Last edited:
I have a few cover of theirs. They are nice. Their putters look decent.

I think that was the point though. Instead of the same head as everyone else with unique paint colors and calling it “custom” they can literally do whatever you want on a putter. My cousin is a lawyer and has his last name/name of his firm milled out into the cavity. It has his name the way he wanted instead of “Cameron”, “Lamb”, “Bettinardi”, etc.. When I was ordering mine through them, my limitation was my imagination and what I wanted. I would ask them “can you do this?” and they said yes to everything and through out some cool ideas I hadn’t thought of. There was no “sorry we can’t do that”. Also unlike Scotty, Lamb, etc. that I reached out to I didn’t get a 9-18mo wait for partial custom and the price was significantly less than those guys. It was 2 weeks before they could get started on mine instead of months. I should get mine in next week and I’ll post pics and how it turned out from original design I asked for to what I got. From the updates I’ve gotten it’s better than imagined so far.

The Baker Mayfield and Brandon Weeden putters were good examples I saw on Instagram of them doing putters for the golfer using them opposed to the collector market.

I get if you want a Scotty, or a Lamb or a Betti, but if you want your name on it or your complete hand in it design this was the best company I have seen and priced.

I've been following these guys since they started a few years ago. Even know one of the founders. What makes them a non-starter is that the style of heads available, and the milling patterns on the faces are simply copies of what was already popular in the collector market. They didn't lead with something unique. They led with a less expensive version of a popular collector putter, and added some Cerakote finishes.

My point in my first post was simply that not bringing something unique to the already saturated market isn't going to launch you into the stratosphere (in the collector world,) it just makes you another drop in the ocean. That's exactly why they've gained very little traction.

I'm not talking about build quality or customization. APC makes nice sticks, but Cody James was offering custom jobs before APC, Lamb before Cody James, Lajosi and Mann Krafted before Lamb, Scotty Cameron before those guys. SC has gotten too big to allow for custom projects ordered by anyone who walks through the door (metaphorically) but the custom order program was only ended just a few years ago. And truth be told, I can call Scotty tomorrow, waive a check in his face and have a mind boggling putter delivered to me in a few weeks. Same goes for the other, albeit much smaller, fish. Money talks.

Nowadays, since APC hit the market, we've been introduced to at least 5-10 new boutique putter makers that offer the same kind of customization you're talking about, at similar prices. The only two that pop into my head right now are Logan Olson and Brandon Matthew. Know why? Because their stuff is unique, and sets them apart from anyone with access to a CNC machine.

Back