The American Putter Company

This Evil Kneivil putter cover is 🔥. I think I will buy it LOL! Thanks OP!
4th_1.png

I've been following these guys since they started a few years ago. Even know one of the founders. What makes them a non-starter is that the style of heads available, and the milling patterns on the faces are simply copies of what was already popular in the collector market. They didn't lead with something unique. They led with a less expensive version of a popular collector putter, and added some Cerakote finishes.

My point in my first post was simply that not bringing something unique to the already saturated market isn't going to launch you into the stratosphere (in the collector world,) it just makes you another drop in the ocean. That's exactly why they've gained very little traction.

I'm not talking about build quality or customization. APC makes nice sticks, but Cody James was offering custom jobs before APC, Lamb before Cody James, Lajosi and Mann Krafted before Lamb, Scotty Cameron before those guys. SC has gotten too big to allow for custom projects ordered by anyone who walks through the door (metaphorically) but the custom order program was only ended just a few years ago. And truth be told, I can call Scotty tomorrow, waive a check in his face and have a mind boggling putter delivered to me in a few weeks. Same goes for the other, albeit much smaller, fish. Money talks.

Nowadays, since APC hit the market, we've been introduced to at least 5-10 new boutique putter makers that offer the same kind of customization you're talking about, at similar prices. The only two that pop into my head right now are Logan Olson and Brandon Matthew. Know why? Because their stuff is unique, and sets them apart from anyone with access to a CNC machine.
That was my point though, waive a big enough check and you can get anything you want. But if you want an anser style putter, and you want complete control of what's on it at a reasonable price, they're the best I've found. I even had the option to leave their logo's and badging off the putter. It was basically private label customization if I wanted it. I'd love to see where else I can get that in the market for my next putter. That was the point I was trying to make (Maybe I failed to make it). And you can get a quick turnaround time w/o adding money to that check. I don't think APC is trying to mimic some of those guys w/ making collector pieces, I think they're just trying to give people total customization with a faster timeline and good price, but that's just what I've gathered from emails and a phone call. If you know one of them, you probably know that already. I have some good putters, but I'm not a collector at all. I'm only after custom gamers fit to my specs. That's mostly why I've been a lurker here.

The entire putter market by and large is a copy of Karsten Solheim.

There was a company with a similar name that I recall from around 2002- American Putters. Similar product but it sounds like this is a different group.

Those are nice. I think they need to figure out a nicer way to add their branding. I get what they are trying to do but it takes away from the overall design for a lot of their covers IMO.

Those are nice. I think they need to figure out a nicer way to add their branding. I get what they are trying to do but it takes away from the overall design for a lot of their covers IMO.
I mostly agree. The reason I pulled the trigger on these vs so many of their other covers is because the brown leather patch is so much more subtle than their usual big circle logo. I think the brown plays very nicely with the green.

I mostly agree. The reason I pulled the trigger on these vs so many of their other covers is because the brown leather patch is so much more subtle than their usual big circle logo. I think the brown plays very nicely with the green.
For sure, the brown looks great. The thick strip of leather just doesn't seem refined to me but I'm sure others love it. Regardless, I still want a yellow one. :cool:

Nice offerings. Nice to see them release something that other boutiques haven't done first.

I have the green Masters hybrid cover. It’s 🔥, but I’m a sucker for anything Masters

Holy Crap their sale is good this week! $15 for their divot tools!

Nice accessories. I can't see anything about putters though I didn't look too hard.:confused2:

Sorry to revive this old thread. Is their site down? I just get a Home Screen asking for a password. Can’t see anything else.

Is it just me or do they make you give them your email address before accessing the web page?

seems like alot of the smaller boutique putter companies didnt make it out of the pandemic. They havent posted anything on social media since May

I have a LowTide putter that I love and they have had 0 updates since January

seems like alot of the smaller boutique putter companies didnt make it out of the pandemic. They havent posted anything on social media since May

I have a LowTide putter that I love and they have had 0 updates since January
Man, I hope they aren't shuttered. I bought a couple head covers and it seemed like an interesting player in the market.

Man, I hope they aren't shuttered. I bought a couple head covers and it seemed like an interesting player in the market.
Yeah, my buddy locally bought one of their light blue covers and it seemed to be excellent quality.

I was eager to see what direction the would head.

Yeah, my buddy locally bought one of their light blue covers and it seemed to be excellent quality.

I was eager to see what direction the would head.
quality of the covers seems really solid. i appreciated that they seemed to be in a different lane with their offerings. and they had good sales from time to time.

Back