JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Golf or otherwise, we live in a world that appears to be dominated by different apps. This will be the place to discuss them.

What do you use? What are you looking for?

• Admin
As of late for Photos I am all in on Lightroom for the Camera App.
Retouch is still my favorite healer.
A few others that are fun for filters and effects are Mextures and Lens Distortions.

• Admin
I forgot to mention Halide as well for a camera. While I think that Lightroom is better, those that are looking for crazy easy, but packed with a ton of features, Halide could be it.

I forgot to mention Halide as well for a camera. While I think that Lightroom is better, those that are looking for crazy easy, but packed with a ton of features, Halide could be it.
I looked at Hailide and it seemed to get some negative reviews. Any photo examples?

• Admin
I looked at Hailide and it seemed to get some negative reviews. Any photo examples?

Not straight from the app. All mine have been edited. I think every app has some negatives and while I prefer the camera in Lightroom, due to its dual use, Halide offers quite a bit. I think @mpeterson is using it.

• Admin
Nothing like a good buffalo chick
Hahahhaha.
You Strange :ROFLMAO:

Read your OP. o_O

I stand by what I said any of the above is still better than any on my phone/ipad :LOL:

It's got a 4.6/5 and it's generally been considered one of the better photo apps in the store since it's been around- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/halide-camera/id885697368

I'll try to dig up a photo I've taken with it. I think I used it when I was in South Africa, but I've been rolling with the standard camera as of late. I mainly bought it so I could get a bit better at learning photography, since you get more manual settings.

As such, most of my pictures are probably worse than the ones that come out of the standard camera, since I don't have a ton of experience.

It's got a 4.6/5 and it's generally been considered one of the better photo apps in the store since it's been around- https://apps.apple.com/us/app/halide-camera/id885697368

I'll try to dig up a photo I've taken with it. I think I used it when I was in South Africa, but I've been rolling with the standard camera as of late. I mainly bought it so I could get a bit better at learning photography, since you get more manual settings.

As such, most of my pictures are probably worse than the ones that come out of the standard camera, since I don't have a ton of experience.
I read a couple of reviews that really panned it and said it didn’t have the controls they wanted (exposure time, iso, etc) and I’m pretty happy with the default camera app, so I’m not sure it’s worth the $5 for me.

I read a couple of reviews that really panned it and said it didn’t have the controls they wanted (exposure time, iso, etc) and I’m pretty happy with the default camera app, so I’m not sure it’s worth the $5 for me.

It definitely does. If you like doing some basic editing, you can make amazing images in any situation with it.
As mentioned, I prefer the all in one of Lightroom, despite it being a bit clunky.

It's a gesture-based control, so it may just not be discoverable for them - I don't see anything else that I'd really want missing from here. It's got ISO, shutter speed, and you've got the option of a few white balance settings or auto white balance.

Thanks @mpeterson! I think it’s still not what I want. I like my simple phone camera. :ROFLMAO: I may tinker with it though eventually.

Thanks @mpeterson! I think it’s still not what I want. I like my simple phone camera. :ROFLMAO: I may tinker with it though eventually.

My thoughts are simple. If you dont want to do any editing at all or have the ability to shoot in some odd situations with light, there is no reason. If you do, apps with manual controls open up a lot of doors.

My thoughts are simple. If you dont want to do any editing at all or have the ability to shoot in some odd situations with light, there is no reason. If you do, apps with manual controls open up a lot of doors.
Yeah, I’m pretty basic when it comes to my photos. I like playing around with long exposures very occasionally, but I usually use a DSLR for that. Probably wouldn’t use my phone for that.

I like Neuralcam for low light, thats about as fancy as I get any more.

Yeah, I’m pretty basic when it comes to my photos. I like playing around with long exposures very occasionally, but I usually use a DSLR for that. Probably wouldn’t use my phone for that.

I like Neuralcam for low light, thats about as fancy as I get any more.

If you want to use a phone for it, check out Spectre. Amazing Long exposure app for handheld.

If you want to use a phone for it, check out Spectre. Amazing Long exposure app for handheld.
Same company that makes Halide right?

As of late for Photos I am all in on Lightroom for the Camera App.
Retouch is still my favorite healer.
A few others that are fun for filters and effects are Mextures and Lens Distortions.

I remember you showing me Touch Retouch at the Grandaddy and buying it immediately. It's such a good app.

Same company that makes Halide right?

I believe so. I tried it out and I have read some impressive reviews. When I used it in Vegas it was cool as heck

I remember you showing me Touch Retouch at the Grandaddy and buying it immediately. It's such a good app.

The best healer I have ever used on a phone. Lightroom has one as well and it works good, but the speed and ease of Retouch makes it one of the best overall apps I have ever had

So I picked up a program called Hydra. It is a camera app that is extremely unique and super powerful. I think the cost is about $5 and well worth it.

The 3-4 things it does incredibly well are.

1. HDR photos: Shooting a number of images and stitching them together for great quality.
2. Zoom: It recreates missing pixels from motion so you can zoom in without a loss of detail.
3. Low Light Mode: Huge reduction of noise
4. Hi-Res Mode: My favorite so far. Produces a 32 megapixel image by taking a ton of photos at once. The quality is exceptional and it works really really well.

So I picked up a program called Hydra. It is a camera app that is extremely unique and super powerful. I think the cost is about $5 and well worth it.

The 3-4 things it does incredibly well are.

1. HDR photos: Shooting a number of images and stitching them together for great quality.
2. Zoom: It recreates missing pixels from motion so you can zoom in without a loss of detail.
3. Low Light Mode: Huge reduction of noise
4. Hi-Res Mode: My favorite so far. Produces a 32 megapixel image by taking a ton of photos at once. The quality is exceptional and it works really really well.

Is there slogan Hail Hydra

On a serious note that sounds like a good app I will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Example of the Zoom function. Zero loss in quality when cropping nearly 16x. Im blown away here, almost mimics macro photography.

49085D1F-574D-40F2-B7CE-784E75393645.jpeg
871AA341-598F-440D-8EEE-2DABFF1CF3F4.jpeg

Oh my goodness....time for a download. Who needs a camera anymore.

Back