The Basketball Tournament

Elmave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This looks like it could be fun to watch. I know UB has a solid team there with players from the Bobby Hurley and Nate Oats era that made the Tournament including the team that was ranked 14 in the Nation as a mid major. Looks like some solid teams with a winner take all million dollar prize. Glad games will be on ESPN and ESPN 2. Locally i see St Bonaventure also has what seems to be a strong roster. Expecting some good basketball.A8FAF419-642D-449F-828F-55F768B72ED3.jpeg

Its usually fun to watch and has definitely gotten more exciting over the years. Some of the earlier games arent always the best basketball, but the final couple teams in the tourney usually are stacked with great ex-college players and even guys still playing professionally. I'm from Ohio so I root for the Ohio State team.

Looks like Overseas Elite is out this year. CJ McCollum’s brother Errick played for them during their four-peat. I’ll have to find a new team to pull for.

Watching the Wichata Omaha on game on ESPN gonna be an exciting Elam finish.Cant wait till UB alum play Saturday cool tournament.

This crowd in Wichita was on fire tonight.

I am really looking forward to the game today at 600 on ESPN 2. This is a great group of guys and I as a longtime season ticket holder watched a lot of these guys from their Freshman year and the Junior College transfers like Jeremy Harris for two years These guys made the Tournament twice winning in the first round and the year they were 14 in the nation won the first round and then ran into a great Texas Tech team in the second round. The idea that I get to watch this group play again is exciting and like I've said in the past we don't have an NBA team so as far as Basketball this is as good as it gets. I think there are couple guys on this team (like Jeremy Harris who Deandre Ayton could not stop in the Tournament) who had they played at a bigger program and not a mid major absolutely would have gotten drafted. I know its unlikely but I would love to see someone get a look. Maybe @Tenputt Jazz or @RealPretendPsychic Seventy Sixers could use a a guy like Jeremy Harris or CJ Massinburg.

Looks like Overseas Elite is out this year. CJ McCollum’s brother Errick played for them during their four-peat. I’ll have to find a new team to pull for.
Errick Mccollum doing a great job with commentary in The Basketball Tournament. Sounds like a guy with a future in broadcasting or coaching. He really gets the game. Enjoying his comments tonight in the UB Xavier game.

Errick Mccollum doing a great job with commentary in The Basketball Tournament. Sounds like a guy with a future in broadcasting or coaching. He really gets the game. Enjoying his comments tonight in the UB Xavier game.
That’s awesome! CJ was a journalism major at Lehigh and does a great job with it off the court.

Nate Oats at the game supporting his former UB players just such a class act and great guy. On ESPN right now.

Back