The Bastard Executioner (SPOILERS!!)

Texasbrons

FXDF FatBobs Rule!!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Mouth!!
I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything on this other than in the "What are you watching" thread. With as many SOA and Kurt Sutter fans as there was, I figured this show would merit a thread as well.

So who's watching? What are your thoughts? Confused like I am on a couple of points?

All in all I like it so far. Professional reviews have been luke warm, but the series is just getting started. There are a couple of SOA alum in this one (one being Katy Sagal obviously) and Stephen Moyer for you True Blood fans. It seems like this is kind of FX's version to fill the void for Game of Thrones fans or History's Vikings fans.

I like both of them as well so this is good for a fill in.

I hope that this show grows some good roots and goes somewhere.

I've been watching it. Honestly not really sure how much I like the show. It does fill the void for me for Vikings, as I'm a big fan of that show, but to me this series is taking quite a bit to get going. I mean, I just don't get why they don't take their revenge and then go join the rebels who are hiding. Just doesn't make much sense to me, and that really bugs me about the show.

Other than that though, I'll keep watching it for a little while to see if it picks up more.

Watched the pilot ... kind of slow moving, and then a whole lot of violence. It's like a poor man's Game of Thrones.

I've been watching it also. It hasn't made it past "popcorn flick" status for me, but I haven't quit watching it either.

I couldn't get through the first episode. Way too much violence and gore for me, plus I didn't find the story that intriguing. I feel like this could have been a really good show, but it missed the mark for me.

I couldn't get through the first episode. Way too much violence and gore for me, plus I didn't find the story that intriguing. I feel like this could have been a really good show, but it missed the mark for me.

I feel the same way about this show. I could only watch a few minuets of it before I turned it off.

Watched 5 minutes and then had to turn it off. Hard to understand and very boring. Clunker for Sutter.

I'm hatewatching it and on Ep 4 and so far:

blonde girl with dragons spotted
Peg Bundy probably going to sing greensleeves again at some point, hopefully a 15 minute long version
saw a guy wipe another guys arse and of course (since Sutter) we get a close up of the rag. What brilliant showrunning.
wargs have got to be forthcoming and I think I spotted a Samwell Tarley impersonator
Vampire Bill is an angry gay guy
waiting for an imp appearance and of course some "bro" walking with swords (oh wait that's already happened)

Nice update Keyser. I wouldn't say I'm hate watching, but I'm definitely riding the fence. Kind of like a couple of other shows, I'm going to give it a fair chance and move from there. There are some things I like and some I'm not impressed about. I ranted about watching Revelation in another thread for way too long trying to like it. I haven't reached the point where I'm miserable watching it or where I'm trying to like it, I'm just on the fence.

I enjoy the show, it is getting better each new episode. I do not like the graphic violence though, violence is fun, but not how it is portrayed here. Not a fan of some of the sex scenes either, some of them are trying to keep up with the 2015 acceptances.

over all, I'll keep watching, it takes a while for a show like this to get its legs.

I enjoy the show, it is getting better each new episode. I do not like the graphic violence though, violence is fun, but not how it is portrayed here. Not a fan of some of the sex scenes either, some of them are trying to keep up with the 2015 acceptances.

over all, I'll keep watching, it takes a while for a show like this to get its legs.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm also thinking that all of the guys that watched the raid in the first five minutes and turned it off were too quick. If it's like some other shows, they'll be watching to catch up.

One ya gotta stick with or your lost. Still watching but still on fence with hope it develops into something really good.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Back