So, I don’t hate these hazy IPA’s.

Pedialyte and Tito’s-hey, just knock out the cure with the problem and you’re back to zero in the morning. Plus I need the potassium still due to loss of blood.

The why: Well, I had a helluva a life changing accident 7 weeks ago. Damn near died. Was in such rough shape that they put in an iv? into my femoral artery with no numbing agents as they had no time to work with. I was bleeding out rapidly enough internally that there just wasn’t time. It wasn’t fun but looking back on the entire experience, it was nowhere near as bad as the accident itself. It also was nothing of the post surgical stay in ICU-but at the time I was thinking why TF don’t you put me out before slicing and dicing? I was also awake when they started gutting me. Just for a split second. The anesthesiologist had given me a dose (I’m tough to drug:)) and I felt woozy but was still wide awake, the surgeon started cutting and I screamed and that’s the last thing I remember for 14 hours. End result, 9 broken bones and 27 staples because I was gutted like a fish.

But that’s not really the why. The why is I had correctly picked 9/10 in my CFB poll. 10/10 wins you 2200.00. 9/10 wins you nothing unless you are tops in the league. I was the only one to take Minnesota and the tie breaker (for 1k) was total points in the Bama game. I went with 31, lol. I took freaking Bama. .Orgeron is a moron and talks like a frog, but he’s a smart moron. Hires great coordinators. As an Osu fan, I can’t wait until we beat LSU and frog man into submission. OSU is easily the best team this year. Pisses me off that Burrow is being touted as such a Heismam candidate. He’s good but his team has made him play the entire game many times. Can you imagine how far ahead Fields would be if he ever played past halftime? It’s not like we’ve played scrubs either. We’ve soundly whooped #13 and especially #20 and some other decent and previously ranked teams too. We are missing that OOC marquee win but it’s of no importance. They are the best and you can’t argue it. Well, you can but zero chance I’ll believe you.

I’ll take the first 100.00 bet that OSU wins the NC and not LSU. Neither win? It’ll be a push. So bring it my Cajun brothers....:) First PM in is the bet.... if I have any takers.

That’s why I’m drinking. Hell im not even drinking much, lol. I’m already back to work but can’t really do anything so feel pretty worthless much of the time. Not that I have to do anything physical at my job, but I like to outwork everyone else. Not being able to is messsing with my head.

After a great weekend of golf, I’m making Sunday supper for the family, reading @GraniteRoost ’s review of the Ben Hogan PTx Pros and the Recoil shafts, and drinking this beer that I have had laying around for a while waiting for a moment just like this.
E93C8B9D-0C98-4407-BA19-227DE8092F63.jpegDA4349EA-A1B2-4B13-9252-C0F2C0AAF20D.jpeg

My wife had a book signing in Lancaster, Ca last Saturday. Across the street was a place called Lucky Luke Brewing. Cool little place with a good selection of beers. I had The Squire which is a 5.3% Belgian Pale Ale. Very tasty. I think I sucked down 4 of those things before returning to the book signing. :D
348s.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll take the first 100.00 bet that OSU wins the NC and not LSU. Neither win? It’ll be a push. So bring it my Cajun brothers....:) First PM in is the bet.... if I have any takers.
I'll take that bet. Oklahoma State won't even be close. LOL! :ROFLMAO:(y)

Enjoyed a couple Ayinger Brauweisse this weekend. Can't get enough of this Hefeweizen. (y)

Getting close to winter lager and ale time. So far, I have only had a couple pints of Sam Adams Winter Lager.

Getting close to winter lager and ale time. So far, I have only had a couple pints of Sam Adams Winter Lager.
I do like this season of darker beers. Although I’m still going through my selection of pumpkin beers.

Visited New Belgium Brewing in Asheville which was fantastic. Had a sour and an atomic pumpkin which were great.

Finishing off the last of my Octoberfest beers before Thanksgiving:

tmg-article_tall.jpg

Ofest_BtlMug_2019.file

Out with old (October Fest) in with the new (Winter Ale)!

Waiting for my first batch of Hazy Jane.

Hazy Jane.jpg

Really
Really
Really digging this.

E37C56FA-A071-43CD-96C1-D48ABC2C6927.jpeg

D58599E8-E44D-4420-ACE8-7A6405B04E9A.jpeg

I am not a big Blue Moon fan, but my dad is. He left a bunch here and I found a tasty way to drink it up
2EBA08FC-8177-4D59-9509-3F387CAE6F7E.jpeg

Had a Great Lakes Christmas ale with dinner tonight. Might have to track some bottles down. It was pretty damn good

sierra-celebration.png

Mad elf... my favorite beer ever.

Also Cape May Boughs of Barley port and bourbon is out.

Brooklyn black ops should be coming out now as well.

Sadly, I drink cheap beer.....most of the time. Our local bar has $3.00 pitchers of Bud Light, and/or Coors Light. They also offer $1.00 pints of the same brands. Add in their various finger foods, and it makes for a decent evening, while also playing video slots.

At home we keep the fridge stocked with "Natty Daddy" from Anheuser Busch. It an 8% alcohol lager/ale (?) beer. 15, 12 ounce cans for $6.99. Two of them gets a pretty good buzz going. I once drank 8 cans of the stuff. It didn't end up well for me. Tried to get out of my chair, and did a face plant in gravel.

When we have friends over we will offer Sam Adams stuff, or Henikens. That said, the Natty Daddy seems to disappear faster.

Anyone going to be looking for the KBS Espresso, or just pick one up if seen. Should be out shortly if not in some areas already. Id like to try one myself.

From October through the Holidays is the best time for beer for me. I'll be taking an alcohol break from Jan 2-March 16.

I was happy to see that Costco has a mixed case of IPA's from one of my favorite breweries, Ballast Point. The IPA's are: Sculpin, Grapefruit Sculpin, Fathom, and Manta Ray. Sculpin is one of my top 5 IPA's and maybe in my top 3 favorites. All of them are amazing and I might have one of each tonight as I picked up 3 cases today!:p

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 5.17.30 PM.png

Back