Moosehead Lager. Good Tasting Canadian Beer.

If I could get back to Kentucky, I'd be drinking Bourbon Barrel Ale made in Lexington, KY.
I was in Kentucky a couple of years ago and had it with our meals.
I even brought a dozen bottles back when in my suitcase when I flew home.
Didn't last very long though. :(
index.php

Attachments

• moosehead.JPG
    moosehead.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 78
Moosehead Lager. Good Tasting Canadian Beer.

If I could get back to Kentucky, I'd be drinking Bourbon Barrel Ale made in Lexington, KY.
I was in Kentucky a couple of years ago and had it with our meals.
I even brought a dozen bottles back when in my suitcase when I flew home.
Didn't last very long though. :(
index.php
Been a long while since I had a moose. Last time was in the UP of Michigan. One thing I didn't know is tha Sam Adam's is part of Moosehead Breweries.

097E86D3-1667-4AE2-B464-E25F2FA3A289.jpeg

Kind of hot today, and walked a course with a few hills. I took the right beer though, one of my old standbys for warmer weather .....

s-l300.jpg

Those guys make some great beer, my favorite of theirs is the Boont Amber Ale!

anderson-valley-boont-amber-ale-6pack-cans_1600x.jpg

The Amber is my favorite as well. Unfortunately, it’s next to impossible to find here for some reason.

Grocery store didn’t have the Bud Light Lime I was looking for so I settled for a Sam Adams summer variety pack. I need to find somewhere that carries Newcastle and Bud Light Lime - the search is on!

Always a stout or porter. If none available, diet Pepsi.

Some I’ve had recently include, and my taste run mostly on the Imperial Stout side.... BBA? Yes please!

View attachment 8945706

This was an imperial Porter. 9.5ABV. Good for its style but not really my cup of tea. Being used to IS’s, anything I can drink without feeling like I need to chew it first is starting to taste like light beer.

View attachment 8945707

This was one from Hoppin Frog up in Akron. The Gavel Slammer. At 17.4%, yeah one was enough. I’m glad I only had one as it (and everything of theirs I’ve had) is so good I’d be tempted to have another. Probably to bad results. You may be sensing I have a beer drinking chair....

View attachment 8945712

DuClaw PastryArchy Series. This one was a good intro for someone to IS’s. It was supposedly Carmel Marchmellow but if I had to sum it up, it was the perfect blend of chocolate milk, coffee, and beer. Definitely drinkable. At 8.5% ABV I could even have two.

View attachment 8945715

Brew Kettles Tanguska. Russian IS 11.1%. Maybe a little complex and bitter for my tastes. IBU’s are similar to IPA’s but they are disguised better. Not bad, but one sixer was enough.

I’ve been on a stupid diet so that’s about all I’ve had since February. I had a Hoppin Frog Pentuple at 16% or so too. That one was WAY too smooth and again I’m glad I only had one in the house. I’ve had Trippel’s before but this was in a league of its own. Smooth and buttery. Oh my.

I know it’s not a multiquote @JB, but it’s close;)
You and I, sir, have an affinity for the same type of beer. If you have a chance, go to the Hi-Ho Brewery in Stow and get a Hovan The Barbarian stout. So, so good.

You and I, sir, have an affinity for the same type of beer. If you have a chance, go to the Hi-Ho Brewery in Stow and get a Hovan The Barbarian stout. So, so good.

I will have to try. Most likely I’ll put my beer scout on it. He’s mostly retired and will find them for me, lol. I work too damn much and a as an almost divorcee (screw you Covid, lemme lose that anchor!) my money is much more finite than in the past.

But he’ll take a day trip on a hunch so I’ll have him scout it out. Thanks for the tip!

Wish this were released more
20200612_182426.jpg

I had no idea they had these in a can! That beer is amazing. The only beer I’ve ever had that changes so much with every sip and the absolute best tasting sip is the very last one!

I had no idea they had these in a can! That beer is amazing. The only beer I’ve ever had that changes so much with every sip and the absolute best tasting sip is the very last one!
Publix sells them in a 4 pack FYI

Another good Beer is a 'Black & Tan'. Guinness on top, Harp on the Bottom.
I had mine in an Irish Pub in Port Huron, Michigan last year.

View attachment 8948361
Black & Tans are so freaking delicious. Mine don't like quite as good as this picture, but I'm getting there.

Drank my way too deep into a Sam Adams summer variety pack last night. Mixed in a Landshark or two for good measure.

20200614_111356.jpg
If you have one during the round, it's only appropriate to have another after the round:cool:

Black & Tans are so freaking delicious. Mine don't like quite as good as this picture, but I'm getting there.
Try pouring the Guinness over the back of a spoon

Try pouring the Guinness over the back of a spoon

That's what I do. I think I poured it too quickly. Gotta be slow and steady I guess.

I had this last week at Architects Golf a course in Western NJ. It was on tap and it was delicious. And I hate flavored beer. Neither the peanut butter or chocolate was over powering. Was a nice smooth beer. D6446D9C-28E3-42C7-9B31-1EABFC065B8C.jpeg

6CE8C768-2F00-4931-8581-7041E1237402.png
found this picture online because I’ve had a couple of these and don’t feel like getting off the couch.

That's what I do. I think I poured it too quickly. Gotta be slow and steady I guess.
Try a bigger/wider spoon and different depths. Like you said, slow and steady. This is the type of practice that even Allen Iverson could get behind 🤣🤣

Back