I’ve been quite enamored (hammered?) with Troegs Mad Elf.

For those looking for Lagunitas Willitized Coffee Stout, my rep doesn’t think it’s been made yet this year. I’ll keep my nose to the grindstone for @OITW et all. If I can turn up any I will let you know.

Plus now I want to try it too! That gives y’all the best chance that I won’t forget about it.

Keep me poster sir, I asked the guy at my local shop and he wasn’t familiar with it and was going to check and let me know next time I pop in. It’s number one on the list.

Keep me poster sir, I asked the guy at my local shop and he wasn’t familiar with it and was going to check and let me know next time I pop in. It’s number one on the list.

Once I saw it’s rating on Beer Advocate, it became #1 on my list too!

Race you to see who can try it first 😂

That could get costly as I’m sure I could find it and have it overnighted.

So let’s keep it friendly, first one to find it in nature, like the liquor store-not eBay, sends it to the other one. So even the loser is the winner. Seems solid to me?

That could get costly as I’m sure I could find it and have it overnighted.

So let’s keep it friendly, first one to find it in nature, like the liquor store-not eBay, sends it to the other one. So even the loser is the winner. Seems solid to me?

I cannot wait for the christmas beers, who has a favorite!

Live look at the Smiter Fridge. As a bachelor, there is a decided lack of food. However there is a 5pk of these little honeys left....

42C769FC-9B3E-424D-BC20-2A6820D28396.jpeg

I snagged 4 out of 60 cases available from Cleveland to Columbus. I’m on my 3rd 6pk, I’d say it’s my favorite Xmas Beer-by far. I have given about half of them away though so I’ve likely only had 8 or 9. I’m down to my last 5 so the sharing will stop rapidly, lol.

Hey you want one @Gman79 ? Lol. I’m not good at not sharing.

I snagged 4 out of 60 cases available from Cleveland to Columbus. I’m on my 3rd 6pk, I’d say it’s my favorite Xmas Beer-by far. I have given about half of them away though so I’ve likely only had 8 or 9. I’m down to my last 5 so the sharing will stop rapidly, lol.

Hey you want one @Gman79 ? Lol. I’m not good at not sharing.

Enjoy it! Treat it as a victory 2020 beer after all the stuff going on!

Well I tried the Nigerian Guinness.
Wowzer. I had 3 sips before deciding it wasn't for me and pouring it down the sink.
Very distinctive taste that I would not really associate with Guinness.
251b69d5b59fbbc9e3ec98af189666ed.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

These are not rare, but I always like the Samuel Smith Winter Welcome and the Anchor Steam Christmas beer.

This is a new one for me from Iron Hill.
158628AC-14D1-4974-970E-35F09EC63F44.jpeg

I have a fun Imperial Stout that I'm picking up this afternoon.

Mmm and I don’t even like coffee!
6F2F32DD-AD4E-4F14-B293-847BAADC49F1.jpeg

Vanilla bean porter while wife set ups Christmas stuff 🤷‍♂20201114_155022.jpg

Did a fun virtual tasting of harpoon ufo with some of our friends. Was a great time.

we sampled UFO White
UFO Boarding Pass
UFO Winter Blonde
UFO Light Force

One of usual go to's, especially with pizza like tonight 🔥

5FC2AA2B-C3C0-4456-8197-20EA4D67048E.jpeg

Did a fun virtual tasting of harpoon ufo with some of our friends. Was a great time.

we sampled UFO White
UFO Boarding Pass
UFO Winter Blonde
UFO Light Force

I mean, you’re a Cap’n and all? But you’ll have to explain this virtual sampling thing. If I’m actually drinking it, im good. If it’s a virtual drink that I don’t get to drink, I’d want a refund of dues.

Ok @OITW i took one for the team here. It’s almost 5am and I’ve had one of each of these stouts...

I’ll just shoot the carton and highlight each...

56FC3214-3018-4F74-BD85-9CCE508708F7.jpeg56FC3214-3018-4F74-BD85-9CCE508708F7.jpeg

From the top starting with the Neapolitan... This one is a stone cold winner. It took a lot to even try any of the others before polishing the second one off. I split a 12 pk with a guy. I’m goad I got 2 of these... A little red while pouring and it is what it says. A little more ABV and this would be an instant favorite. 9.6/10. It’s top 5
I’ve had.

Blueberry Maple. It’s weird as all beers have a different taste at different temps. I typically start them all at freezing and let it warm. At freezing this one had the perfect blueberry start and maple finish. Couldn’t do it better. As it warmed a bit it became less of that and more of a slightly sweet and fruity stout. Another swig now of plus 3* and it has a strong blueberry start and maple finish. So get it at 32* or at 40*. Not at 36*. It’s still to be fully graded but 8/10 is fair.

The coconut stout. At 32* it tasted great, as advertised. A little Werner and it was just another bland stout. I didn’t let it hit the next phase. 7.2/10.

The GOAT Oatmeal Stout. Ehhh. It tasted like I expected. It was good. Hardly the Goat though. I was not upset nor impressed. 6.4/10.

That Neapolitan shines. It is a great beer. It’s now 5:00am. Don’t mess with the bachelor here, lol. I felt it important to let my brothers here know what I know on this.

I mean, you’re a Cap’n and all? But you’ll have to explain this virtual sampling thing. If I’m actually drinking it, im good. If it’s a virtual drink that I don’t get to drink, I’d want a refund of dues.

You crack me up! I truly do enjoy our interactions Smiter.

It was a really cool experience. The brewery sent us all (each person who signed up) a 4 pack sampler and a 5 oz tasting glass (I'll add a pic later).

We set up an hour zoom with one (actually was two) of the Harpoon "Beer Captains" basically management at the Beer Hall in Boston and the people that in a normal year would run the tours out of the Beer Hall and Brewery.

The gave us a little bit of background on each Beer, but really it was fun Q&A with them about anything Harpoon which was different than a normal "tour" but actually made it better, almost reminded me of #THPExperience with the industry guys giving you an open forum for any kind of questions, just beer.

Back