This is now a permanent addition to my fridge. Newly available in TX

5C9086EE-F015-435C-85CD-9D70C6FCF306.jpeg

Tasty. Good beer for doing absolutely nothing.
165E5F8F-D3AB-4F88-98D2-3217EA2403EB.jpeg

This is now a permanent addition to my fridge. Newly available in TX

View attachment 9024182

VERRRRY popular here in Ohio. I think we were the first state outside of PA to handle it. If I see it on tap, and there is nothing else more interesting, it's my go to! I suppose it could be titled a "session" beer, because, while it is a little weightier, and more flavorful than the run of mill stuff, it is still very drinkable! I sold a German beer much like it back in the day. It was named "Reissdorf Kolsch" and was titled as a "session beer"!

The way it was explained to me, was that a German session beer, was for the men clocking out after their shift, to enjoy some drinks with each other. No food was involved. They were just boozing and partying! Where's the problem? Afterwards they would go home to enjoy more beer and some food!

While picking up a few thing at a local market yesterday, I spotted an "Octoberfest" beer from a brewery that I was not familiar with. It was available in 6 pack cans, so I will pick one up the next time I'm there, and give a review.

The inlaws are over.. need this 20210906_171059.jpg

image.jpgFantastic beer!

Just wondering if you guys ever drink Shandy?

Its a popular drink in the UK and many parts of Europe but I've read it doesn't really translate to the majority of the US.

It's basically any lager and lemonade, mixed roughly half and half or to taste. Though we're not talking US lemonade, we're talking a clear lemon soda like Sprite or 7UP.

It's an extremely refreshing drink and only has half the units of alcohol. It's pretty much perfect for a post-round drink on the 19th hole on a warm sunny day.

If anyone has a can of lemon soda at home, and a lager/pilsner like Bud, Millers, Coors, etc, give it a go.

Its a popular drink in the UK and many parts of Europe but I've read it doesn't really translate to the majority of the US.

It's basically any lager and lemonade, mixed roughly half and half or to taste. Though we're not talking US lemonade, we're talking a clear lemon soda like Sprite or 7UP.

It's an extremely refreshing drink and only has half the units of alcohol. It's pretty much perfect for a post-round drink on the 19th hole on a warm sunny day.

If anyone has a can of lemon soda at home, and a lager/pilsner like Bud, Millers, Coors, etc, give it a go.

Not quite the mix you're referring to but There's a few Shandys I like. There's a massed produced one by leinenkugel, but I found a couple that were so much better .. there's one by Ludlam brewery called last minute Shandy that is my favorite by far

That's one of the beer types I like. They have a few good ones though it's been a while since I have had one. I've been doing a lot of Mexican beers lately, and some faux Mexican ones as well.

The best thing about shandy is that you don't have to buy it. You can mix it really easily at home.

The best thing about shandy is that you don't have to buy it. You can mix it really easily at home.

Stiegel made/ makes some tasty Shandy’s with real juices. It lowered the abv to just over 2.0%. Coming from the home of “supersize” it, it didn’t go over to well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is quite popular around here. So much so you'd better get it quick because it sells out. And what if you're not at home. Lots of golf courses around here carry it when available.

I think that shall never hear
a poem lovelier than beer.
The brew that Joe's Bar has on tap,
with golden base and snowy cap.
The foamy stuff I drink all day
'til my mem' ry floats away.
Poems are made by fools, I fear,
but only Schlitz can make a beer!

- From Mad Magazine in 1958. I memorized it as a young kid in Minnesota and have remembered it since.

Found a new one at the 19th hole after a round, of golf that is. Started with my standard Yuengling pint, and switched to Northern Country Brewery Amber ale, out of Slippery Rock, PA. Very deep amber color, with a tan, chunky head. Very rich and more malty than I might have expected. A real mouthful. The hops were present but not overbearing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hey Alex, @OITW -you still around bro?

Immediately thought of you with this one. Yes. It is nice. Very Very Nice. PM me.

3559BFE7-D8A5-48C9-9A7C-6685709C369B.jpeg

I know a guy that knows a guy that knows someone that knows where some is. Possibly? 🤣

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed because it’s an easy drinking IPA that just makes sense when I’m buying 1/2 barrel at a time. :p

A46796BA-1E82-4A4B-9662-790D0DC06B47.jpeg0E1AF9DD-D29D-4D06-AEDD-6E0B26669E13.jpeg

@oumagic I only have 45, now 46, posts in here....I clearly need to rectify that for the Q4 drive to 7.5M.

@oumagic I only have 45, now 46, posts in here....I clearly need to rectify that for the Q4 drive to 7.5M.
I would have bet it was much higher. If you posted every time you had a beer in here, we would hit 7.5m very quickly🤩

I would have bet it was much higher. If you posted every time you had a beer in here, we would hit 7.5m very quickly🤩
challenge accepted.

If I start posting too frequently in here and then head over to the pop thread there will be problems…

If I start posting too frequently in here and then head over to the pop thread there will be problems…
If I posted in here as much as I drink beer, I am afraid more people would know I have a problem 😆

You're telling me.....last night I looked at those baseball bat display cases and thought.....Now I get it. That looks COOL.

I quickly finished my drink and went to bed.

Back