I love autumn grocery shopping!
09B07962-9300-4F8B-99FA-F2E92D99E1BD.jpeg

How's the Yuengling? I believe you've had the Sam Adams version, is it similar?
Pretty similar, but prefer the Yuengling. Nearly got the Sam Adams variety pack, which had the Boston lager, Oktoberfest, pumpkin, and a new fest ale. Maybe next trip!

Miller Lite for me today. (y)

Played a local upscale daily fee course that is one of our favorites in the area. My buddy and I were both kind of busy this Summer and hadn't had a chance to play it yet this year. Plus, our main partners, My buddy's Sis and BIL were out in Oregon for the Summer. He was building additions to their Daughter's houses! Besides, the main ramrod for our golf get togethers was my buddy's Sister. My buddy introduced her to the game 6-7 years ago, late in life, and she is totally consumed with the game.

Anyway, that was my overly long intro to discovering that a new tavern and restaurant had opened on the second floor. Downstairs is the pro shop and cart barn. It's a big building. It's called Riser's Tavern and Grill, and features 20 draught beers. They try to feature every local brewery that they can. Hooray for them! On this occasion I had the opportunity to enjoy a hazy IPA from the Noble Creature Draught House in Youngstown. This is the third hazy that I've had, and I've enjoyed every one of them! What is it with the hazies? I used to hate IPA's!

Oh, BTW they had Southern Tier Pumking Imperial Ale. I'll keep an eye open for an Imperial Stout on the board in the future. Hope the weather holds out a while longer, but it's getting chancy. We got 9 holes in today, and cashed in our tickets for 9 hole rainchecks that have to be used this year. But, this place seems nice enough for an off season stop.

Tasty, but not sure I’ll ever truly accept it after it took over for the Java head stout.
27E764D6-35E0-41C7-9C29-11D3B4D09A4C.jpeg

Tis the season!

BC828277-EFF0-46B3-BFE9-5D7CEDA03C32.jpeg

Not bad, but won’t be getting again. Much needed after a crap day.
1C8F28B9-2211-4E30-A61D-E71B7F22121C.jpeg

Attachments

• BDF98443-4F48-48AA-B94C-DB7F3DF04A58.jpeg
    BDF98443-4F48-48AA-B94C-DB7F3DF04A58.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
One of the negatives of working nights, kinda of frowned upon to have beers after work lol

Huh? After work is after work. Way back in the day, I worked nidnight turn at a steel mill. Guess where we went when we got off? The bars by the mills that opened at 7AM!

One of the negatives of working nights, kinda of frowned upon to have beers after work lol
I had a buddy who worked 7pm-7am as a nurse and that never stopped him!

@Bryndom finally found a bottle today, as well! Always an October treat

PXL_20211027_015702993.jpg

Really really enjoy this beer!

Attachments

• 20210930_190358.jpg
    20210930_190358.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3
Two things I love combined into one!
7B8AFCEC-2BBF-4997-BD41-1D97E12A6211.jpeg

Not a fan of pumpkin beer.

What’s the fall beer go-to?
The snarky answer is a good one. 😉

But I’m not that much of a seasonal change in my beer. Living in AZ has a lot to do with that. But it’s summer heat that drives me to lighter brews.

The snarky answer is a good one. 😉

But I’m not that much of a seasonal change in my beer. Living in AZ has a lot to do with that. But it’s summer heat that drives me to lighter brews.
I can’t do the over-spiced pumpkin beers. The Dogfish Head Punkin Ale is probably my favorite. I’m a sucker for a good Oktoberfest too. I’m beginning my annual migration into darker beers as the sun sets earlier :LOL:

Back