Only Lollygaggers can drink this!
F628BCB9-817D-4D4B-8268-5FB1D7ED0D29.jpeg

Went ahead and picked this up.
7B6C1821-EC7F-49AB-A0AA-5A519D43928F.jpeg

Curious to hear how that is. Went to Koln a few years back and have been disappointed with most American Kölsch since

Not a fan! Bitter like an IPA, not the strongest bitter taste, but definitely noticeable up front. Surprisingly, the smell was strong and pleasant. That should of been a dead giveaway that I wouldn’t like this beer. Definitely an orange aftertaste that lingers for a while. You could also taste a little bit of a spicy vanilla flavor. I just couldn’t get past the bitterness.

Not a fan! Bitter like an IPA, not the strongest bitter taste, but definitely noticeable up front. Surprisingly, the smell was strong and pleasant. That should of been a dead giveaway that I wouldn’t like this beer. Definitely an orange aftertaste that lingers for a while. You could also taste a little bit of a spicy vanilla flavor. I just couldn’t get past the bitterness.
I feel like bitterness and Kölsch should never be in the same sentence… sounds like an odd beer

Lo-Pitch Hazy IPA by Hi-Wire Brewing this evening.

Enjoying some 3 Floyds Gumbalhead tonight.E5C4B172-C533-4B6C-B14A-A02B8D259DF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a delicious Guinness tonight.

Do they still make Black Betty? I think that is what it was/is called?
I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard of that one, and a quick Google search didn’t turn anything up either. Wish I knew!

I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard of that one, and a quick Google search didn’t turn anything up either. Wish I knew!
It was a barrel aged stout a few years ago. It was probably limited.

Oh I love a sour, but I would also love to rid the earth of all IPA nonsense 😉

Have you ever tasted a "hazy"? It could change your mind. I honestly dont know what they do in the brewing process to produce this form of beer, but it is wonderful!

Have you ever tasted a "hazy"? It could change your mind. I honestly dont know what they do in the brewing process to produce this form of beer, but it is wonderful!
It didn’t change it. Hahahaha

Back