The Beginnings of My Man-Cave

Great looking start, but I have a very serious question for you - especially when you have a rack with 13 putters on it. Have you given any thought to replacing the carpet with artificial turf or synthetic grass that you could putt on? It would really ratchet up the golf content of the man cave a notch or two. Especially when you had a custom mural of your favourite golf hole painted on a couple walls....

That will come down the road when things quiet down, and the wife doesn't have a chance to say no to my wanting something else. Once in awhile ya got to sneak up on 'em. ;)

20200617_121413.jpg

Name of putters from left to right as I promised.

* SC Super Rat I
* SC Circle T Timeless
* SC Newport 2 Bear
* Machine MI4-Adjuster
* Gauge Design Red Dragon
* Bettinardi BB1 Augusta
* Bettinardi MC-3
* Bettinardi MC-2
* Bettinardi BB8 Tour Dass Tiki
* Bettinardi Magnum 44 80/444
* Bettinardi Highway 20 Road To Augusta
* Bettinardi Highway 20 Augusta, Georgia
* Bettinardi Milled Three Step

I like what I see so far! That's a great start and I hope you plan on updating with pictures as it progresses!

That is seriously one heck of a great start!! 🔥

I like what I see so far! That's a great start and I hope you plan on updating with pictures as it progresses!

That is the plan, I will be posting pics as things get put in place. (y)

Need to see more photos of the Bettinardi BB8 Tour Dass Tiki !(y)

Last edited:
THP! Awesome, now you just need some golf wall decor!

The coloration on that putter is gorgeous! Thanks for the pics!!

Updating my display rack putters. There have been three putters subtracted and two added.
20200620_145053.jpg

* SC Super Rat I
* SC Circle T Super Rat
* SC Masterful Super Rat GSS Inlay
* SC Circle T Timeless
* Machine MI4-Adjuster
* Gauge Design Red Dragon
* Bettinardi BB1 Augusta
* Bettinardi BB8 Tour Dass Tiki
* Bettinardi Magnum 44 80/444
* Bettinardi Highway 20 Road To Augusta
* Bettinardi Highway 20 Augusta, Georgia
* Bettinardi Milled Three Step

I got the major pin flags framed today, also unboxed the two other wall mountings I bought. One about the Old Course at St Andrews and the other of the 12th hole at Augusta.
I want to make sure I get these flags in the right order because I don't want @Snickerdog's OCD kicking in if they are in the wrong order. :)
So some suggestions please, which order should the flags be hung in ? They will go above the putter rack in two row, two in the top row and two in the second row. ;)

20200621_181735.jpg 20200621_181821.jpg

20200621_181900.jpg 20200621_181937.jpg

20200621_182023.jpg 20200621_182054.jpg

Looking good! Where did you get the putter wrack?

Looking good! Where did you get the putter wrack?

Didn't buy it, it was hand made for me by my youngest daughter's boy friend. He is a home remodeler by trade and built the rack for me from scratch. He did a terrific job. ;)

I got the major pin flags framed today, also unboxed the two other wall mountings I bought. One about the Old Course at St Andrews and the other of the 12th hole at Augusta.
I want to make sure I get these flags in the right order because I don't want @Snickerdog's OCD kicking in if they are in the wrong order. :)
So some suggestions please, which order should the flags be hung in ? They will go above the putter rack in two row, two in the top row and two in the second row. ;)

View attachment 8950062 View attachment 8950063

View attachment 8950064 View attachment 8950065

View attachment 8950066 View attachment 8950067
I would put the two 18's on top even with each other, then the two 19 below but offset to the outside of the top two.
Hard to visualize without seeing the walls and amount of space you have.

I would put the two 18's on top even with each other, then the two 19 below but offset to the outside of the top two.
Hard to visualize without seeing the walls and amount of space you have.

I have to be over at the condo in the morning and will take a pic of the wall space over the putter rack. ;) (y)

Here is a pic of the wall i'll be hanging the Major flags on.

20200622_081815.jpg

Here is the wall where the Augusta and St Andrews plaques will go.

20200622_081933.jpg

I think I pretty much figured out how I'm going to hand these picture on the wall in my den. I'll hang the Augusta and the St Andrews plaques in the center and place the major flags on all fours sides of the, like so:

20200622_104208.jpg

As for the wall over the Arnold Palmer Staff Bag I've got this ordered from Amazon. I have two other framed HOI things that can go underneath.

71wG-vp6tJL._AC_SL1040_.jpg

As of right now I think this is how things will look, but you never know it might change again. ;)

I gotta get myself a display rack. Problem is that I'd be revolving putters in and out of that thing.

Really looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I think I pretty much figured out how I'm going to hand these picture on the wall in my den. I'll hang the Augusta and the St Andrews plaques in the center and place the major flags on all fours sides of the, like so:

View attachment 8950184

As for the wall over the Arnold Palmer Staff Bag I've got this ordered from Amazon. I have two other framed HOI things that can go underneath.

View attachment 8950185

As of right now I think this is how things will look, but you never know it might change again. ;)
I like it, but maybe swap the open and PGA around that way the opens are on each end.

Well, I promised an update and here is what I've got going up to now, of sorts. My computer desk is now put together although not joined together yet. Checked with my daughter's boyfriend this afternoon (he's a home remodeler) about a couple of thing. The computer desk will block the only electrical outlet on the side of the room where the desk will be sitting. So a new electrical outlet has to be put in, but he said that would be easy enough. So before the desk can be put together some electric wire has to be run. Anyway, here's a pic of the desk when it's all assembled.

Computer-Desk-Brown-Wood-Grain-L-R-Facing-Corner-3a6b3157-4acb-4217-8c95-9eb7224de833_1000.jpg

I've moved the putter rack from the east side of the room to the west side. Seems like a better fit there. The four majors pin flags I've got framed will be mounted over the putter rack. The Masters and Open pictures will be mounted on the wall to the left of the putter rack over Arny's staff bag. BTW, I added two new putters to the display rack this afternoon. The Kraken Bourne and a SC 009-M RT. ;)

20200711_144202.jpg

Just to the left of the Arny's golf bag I will be putting in a lounge chair and end table for my relaxing reading (I love to read books) and drinking pleasure.

20200709_163930.jpg

The chair has yet to be determined. The end table has been chosen.

20200711_192928.jpg

This antique lamp and lampshade will be residing on the end table.

s-l1600a.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The east wall will be where my Chicago Cubs memorabilia is going to be hung. The north wall and part of the east will be where my computer desk goes.
Still trying to figure out where to hang this HOI plaque, but I'm sure inspiration will come to me.

20200711_143524.jpg

Last edited:
I like that desk!!! That is sweet looking. Well done.

Back