LIVE UPDATE THREAD The Ben Hogan Experience

These action shots are absolutely phenomenal @Hallie_BHG! Thanks for taking them and posting!!

It was released in limited edition and won’t be coming back.
Was that the original intent? I never saw a limited release mentioned in any of the initial reviews. I thought this one seemed to be generating some interest from those who saw it. I was eagerly waiting for a slant neck version of this one...

Missed the post round pics by @Hallie_BHG. They look amazing!!! Thank you for bringing it to those of us at home!

So is @DNice26 going to play with or swap out the putter grip? He wasn't sold before playing with it, but did the clutch putting change his mind?

Some more thoughts to share now that my "real world" meetings are over and I'm ready to retreat back to THP.

These photos by @Hallie_BHG are 🔥 - my wife said we need to frame one and put it next to one of Tiger Woods and see if anyone can tell the difference! She MAY have been poking fun at me, but a testament to the quality nonetheless. This level of photography is needed for all future events! And thanks to the slo-mo video, I have now googled 'early extension' several times today. :unsure:

I'm very happy with the way my BHB02 putter performed and I think the BH putters may not be getting the attention they deserve. I really like the SS Pistol GT grip and my distance control was spot-on all day start to finish - if only I could read a green.

A pair of Hey Dude shoes are now on my bday & Xmas wish list thanks to some chatter with @DNice26 and @Briantime at the unboxing dinner.

I adjusted to the PTx Pros pretty quickly, hitting mostly solid shots on the back 9. I would also attribute most of my adjustment period to my body being <100%. Factoring in the chillier weather, being sick, and lower lofts than I'm used to playing, I went a club longer on every shot and that worked out really well. If weather doesn't cooperate over the next few weeks to get out on my home course then I will for sure update the PTx Pro thread after some time on the Skytrak.

I have never had a better night of sleep in my own bed than last night after being sick away from home, golfing, and flying home on the same day!

Home in just over a 10 hour drive! Not too shabby!

Some more thoughts to share now that my "real world" meetings are over and I'm ready to retreat back to THP.

These photos by @Hallie_BHG are 🔥 - my wife said we need to frame one and put it next to one of Tiger Woods and see if anyone can tell the difference! She MAY have been poking fun at me, but a testament to the quality nonetheless. This level of photography is needed for all future events! And thanks to the slo-mo video, I have now googled 'early extension' several times today. :unsure:

I'm very happy with the way my BHB02 putter performed and I think the BH putters may not be getting the attention they deserve. I really like the SS Pistol GT grip and my distance control was spot-on all day start to finish - if only I could read a green.

A pair of Hey Dude shoes are now on my bday & Xmas wish list thanks to some chatter with @DNice26 and @Briantime at the unboxing dinner.

I adjusted to the PTx Pros pretty quickly, hitting mostly solid shots on the back 9. I would also attribute most of my adjustment period to my body being <100%. Factoring in the chillier weather, being sick, and lower lofts than I'm used to playing, I went a club longer on every shot and that worked out really well. If weather doesn't cooperate over the next few weeks to get out on my home course then I will for sure update the PTx Pro thread after some time on the Skytrak.

I have never had a better night of sleep in my own bed than last night after being sick away from home, golfing, and flying home on the same day!

The Hey Dude revolution is gaining momentum! :ROFLMAO:

I've seen that same squat move by @OldandStiff has anyone checked to make sure they are not the same person? Who here's seen them in the same room at the same time? A little batman conspiracy!

Lol…There is def a clear difference - one claims to be old and stiff and is far from it, and the other is actually old and stiff.

Love my OSMO Pocket for video and Canon EOS RP for the stills. So glad everyone is enjoying the photos!

That’s a cropped sensor isn’t it? I miss my non full frame for sports shots. “Extra zoom” helped a bunch. I wouldn’t give up my 6D, but I might add on if I ever get back into it.

Was that the original intent? I never saw a limited release mentioned in any of the initial reviews. I thought this one seemed to be generating some interest from those who saw it. I was eagerly waiting for a slant neck version of this one...
No it was not the original intent. Plans change.

What a whirlwind few days. Left on Monday for this experience and was back home just over 48 hours later. A little surreal. Woke up this morning and my full bag of Hogan's was still there, so yep it really happened.

I've seen some other recaps and they nailed it. I'm very grateful to have taken part in this. Another big thank you to @JB @Hallie_BHG and Josh BHG for making this all possible. All of us had a ton of fun and enjoyed the equipment beginning with the ordering process to the unboxing party to finally getting it on course.

I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again. We had a great group of THP'ers for this one and everyone got along well and had a blast on and off the course. Thanks for the memories @baylrballa @init.6 @bray840 @DNice26 @Briantime

Thanks to the whole forum for following along and making this as big as it turned out to be. It definitely makes it more fun for the participants and now we get a 2022 version for others to experience. Be sure to check out our feedback in the equipment threads that will be popping up.

Pondering some equalizer wedges on this morning, I can't wait to see that thread pop and see your all's experiences.

Courses were great.

But not according to the gigantic asshole in the proshop after the round who repeatedly bitched at the poor proshop kid.

A brief clip of the action as this went on longer, and probably more vulgar.

"Half the greens were ******* dead"
No sir that is over seed, and normal maintenance this time of year.
"No they were ******* dead, don't give me that, like putting on ******* linoleum. The rest of the course was in **** shape too"
I'm sorry sir, it is overseed though.
"We ******* come out here to play golf and pay $160 ******* dollars and no one tells us the greens are dead. It's a disgrace."
Again, sorry sir.
(As he's storming off) "trip advisor will hear of this"

brief update: sad to say our friend has not made good on his tripadvisor threat yet. His buddy played in June though.

IF I COULD RATE MY EXPERIENCE I'D GIVE IT A NEGATIVE NUMBER
Jun 2021
It was cart path only and wet out. About 6 holes in, the ranger came out and told my group to pick up the pace. My group also got yelled at for driving on the pine straw while looking for golf balls. We weren't damaging anything. Our carts also turned off and said we needed to get back on the path, but we were on the path. After the round, I went into the pro shop to confront the head pro, his name was Eric. He said we weren't keeping up with the pace of play. How the heck would he know if he was in the pro shop staying dry and not outside seeing for himself that there was CLEARLY nobody behind us. All i can say is NEVER GOLF AT CALEDONIA. THE STAFF HERE ARE IGNORANT AND RUDE. THEY TURN YOUR GOLF CART OFF EVEN WHEN YOUR ON THE CART PATH. ID RATHER GO PLAY AT A PARK DISTRICT COURSE THEN GET TREATED BY A BUNCH OF JERKS THAT DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. PLEASE STAY FAR FAR AWAY AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!

@Hallie_BHG confirmed it - if you have a DSLR never head to the course without it! Unreal...

brief update: sad to say our friend has not made good on his tripadvisor threat yet. His buddy played in June though.
Would love to respond "Tell me you don't know how GPS works without telling me you don't know how GPS works." What a whiny douche canoe.

Would love to respond "Tell me you don't know how GPS works without telling me you don't know how GPS works." What a whiny douche canoe.
Some people just want to watch the world burn

I know this is going to open me for ridicule however what model of Range Finder is this?
I really like the display
I'm not sure if this was answered, but it is the SL2 from Voice caddy. It is a good looking range finder.

Oh my, I got out to play 9 holes for the first time in 5 weeks. I have thoughts! 😀

Back