Oh man! I forgot about this. I was stationed in Germany for 5 years and we would order delivery of Jägerschnitzel with mushroom gravy. It was so damn good but my favorite is still good ol fashioned Sausage gravy. Unfortunately I live in WA state now so it is very hard to come by good sausage gravy.
Jagerschnitzel........omg
61D4FC45-ED54-4362-977C-C98662EA845A.jpeg

Nobody going red eye gravy, huh?
That's my favorite. I don't really care for biscuits and gravy. I would rather have some redeye gravy on a biscuit.

It's probably an artery clogger, but my Mom taught me, and my Sister how to make "chicken gravy".

She would skin the the various chicken parts, and coat them in a seasoned flour mixture. From there the chicken pieces would go into the frying pan with a 1/4" of hot cooking oil until golden brown.

Once all the chicken was cooked, she would add the left over flour mix to the grease, and stir untill bubbly. Then she would add water to thin it out.

The finished product went on our mashed potatoes, and biscuits. Any left over gravy would wind up on our hashbrowns, or toast the next morning.

For Thanksgiving she would do the same with fried, smaller pieces of turkey.

This recipe used all types of fried meats, and some fried veggies.

I taught my wife how to make it, and we taught our Daughters how make it. It's a 5 generations recipe. Mayb 6 by now.
This is it. Chicken, pork, even hamburger steaks. Make the gravy from the grease you fried the meat in. All others are poor pretenders.

That's my favorite. I don't really care for biscuits and gravy. I would rather have some redeye gravy on a biscuit.

I like it too. A good redeye is so fantastic

I like it too. A good redeye is so fantastic
I love country ham. I get about 3 or 4 slices in a skillet and pour 1/2 a pot of coffee over it and let it boil for about 20-30 minutes. Then eat the game and pour the gravy on my biscuits. Good eatin' right there.

I like a nice brown beefy gravy, not too thin, part of a poutine from Banter here in Cleveland.

Also brown gravy at Thanksgiving poured over leftover stuffing and turkey for breakfast the next morning.

My first thought was Mom's Fried Chicken Gravy, as a couple of others have mentioned. German mushroom gravy id pretty high on the list too.

I also make an pretty simple onion gravy, thinly sliced onions, some beef stock, and about a half bottle of a dark beer or ale (drink the other half while cooking). Season to taste, and thicken with some corn starch and serve over mashed potatoes or rice. Goes really well with pork chops.

I like allmost any gravy but, Brown gravy for the W.

White sawmill gravy for me.. I could put that on just about anything!! ;)

Au Jus. What is left in the roaster after the meat is cooked. Whether it is Roast Beef, Turkey, Chicken, or Pork. It has the fat from the meat, the flavorings from the roasting process - garlic, onion, herbs, etc. Thicken if needed or deglaze with a little wine and you are done.

Cream over brown unless it’s thanksgiving then I need brown gravy

Sawmill gravy

I like a nice brown beefy gravy, not too thin, part of a poutine from Banter here in Cleveland.

Also brown gravy at Thanksgiving poured over leftover stuffing and turkey for breakfast the next morning.
Gotta have the Thanksgiving gravy with the giblets and egg in it.

Brown gravy, followed by turkey gravy

Mushroom gravy has been my go to lately. Pork chops and the mushroom gravy is such a solid combo

Mushroom gravy has been my go to lately. Pork chops and the mushroom gravy is such a solid combo
I don't know that I've had mushroom gravy before.. Adding to my list to try. Do you have a recipe for it?

Brown, preferably from a beef style ju.

Rich, dark brown gravy on everything !

The correct answer to this question is Yes.

Sausage gravy on biscuits for breakfast. Any type of brown just has never been my thing

Sausage gravy all day erryday. Not a huge gravy fan, but there are certain foods you can convince me with.

Sausage gravy on biscuits for breakfast. Any type of brown just has never been my thing
This is me as well.. Biscuits and gravy might be my favorite comfort food

Back