• Back road diner

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 28 33.3%

• Total voters
Dat Dog
Magazine St.
New Orleans

Andy's in Welcome, NC, has good cheap ones before it burned down.

Sahlen Hot Dogs on the grill although theres someting about a hot dog from the halfway house when your making the turn at 8:00 AM

Sahlen dogs are good. There's a barbeque place in Saratoga that's owned by a couple from western NY. They have Sahlen's dogs, loganberry drinks, and their rib pieces on a kummelweck roll is all you need to make the best sandwich in the world.

The Windmill, in Stratford, CT - The Windmill Works dog is the best this THP'er has EVER had (and i've had some really good hot dogs in my day). They've been in a residential neighborhood since 1934 and essentially a neighborhood bar/restaurant.

They use a locally made dog... Hummel's brand hot dogs (natural casings) slow grilled on the flat top. "The Works" includes mustard, onion, sauerkraut and the "Windmill chili" on a soft somewhat doughy bun, not dry or crumbly. The "chili" is a very finely ground concoction (no beans). the chili is neither hot nor spicy but makes for a really great hot dog. I turn into a glutton when i'm there... 2 or 3 dogs (easily) and a couple of cold ones is often more satisfying than a dinner at the finest restaurant around.

If you're from out of State.... there's a small municipal airport not all that far away. Hop in whatever model of NetJet you're rockin' these days :ROFLMAO:.. fly in, Uber over... and have a few. You won't be sorry.

Hebrew national with all the trimmings served at a MLB Stadium.

Bang for buck, Costco

I have been gone from New York for many years, so it may have changed. But the best ever were from Papaya King. Though many local hot dog stands and carts around the city were also superior.

Locally here in SoCal the only place I can think of is Portillo's in Buena Park, and they are a Chicago style restaurant.

My answer is Chicago, IL.

At Dodger Stadium. Give me a Dodger Dog and a cold beer and I'm in heaven.

There's a local bar near me, that is affiliated with a local driving range. They are both called "Chippers". The bar features regular bar food, p[us something called "Fat Tommy Dogs"! This is an enormous, foot long, all beef hot dog with a chili sauce that is the best! I used to think that a local golf course, Deer Creek, had the best chili dogs. No more! This chili had some real zing to it, the dog was delicious, and it cost one buck! Are you kidding me?

That would be Rochester, NY -- Zweigles Red & White hots. The best ones are the pop-opens.

1616117795698.png

Portillo hot dogs are good.

But the question only considers hot dogs. A bratwurst beats any hot dog. And smoked is even better.

An “all the way” Thumanns hot dog from Johnny and Hanges. Onions, chili, hot mustard and relish. Can’t beat it!

Cant beat Portillo’s I don’t think.

Gotta agree with hebrew national or a Costco dog... I knocked it for a long time and tried it and delicious...

Have to admit though... Most hotdogs are grilled at home. If I'm going out I'm getting real food.

We have a Dirt Dogs in the valley. Absolutely obscene hotdogs that require a knife, and fork to eat. Heck, they might even be considered a new food group, just on their own.

We usually take a drive once a month, just to indulge our inner food demons.

Gas station’s

Hahahahahaha..... ”The Rollerdog” Never had the nerve to try one

Funny story: my buddy had his bachelor party in Lake Placid. My (other) buddy and I were going to drive up and be a bit late because he (the buddy I was driving with) had started a new job and had to work 5am-8am. We had a 3pm tee time at a golf course and were going to be cutting it close coming from Rochester. I stopped for gas and my buddy told me he was going to grab something to snack on in the car since we didn't have time to swing by a McD's or anything.

I pull up to pick him up at the door after I pump the gas and he gets in the car with two hotdogs and a bag of Hot Fries. We're somewhere in East Bumfuck, NY and I have NO doubt those hotdogs were on whatever roller he pulled them off of for 6+ hours. He ate both hot dogs and a good portion of the Hot Fries (irrelevant at this point).

Long story not so short: he sh*t his pants on the 16th hole after swinging really hard and ended up in the ER with food poisoning. It was an afternoon/night that no one in that foursome will ever forget. The proshop staff was so classy and nice to him. They were WAY better at not laughing than we were.

...I'm in tears typing this just thinking about it (it's funny because he's okay). 💩:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I don't know if they're the best, but Sonoran Dogs are damn good.
All over Tucson

Funny story: my buddy had his bachelor party in Lake Placid. My (other) buddy and I were going to drive up and be a bit late because he (the buddy I was driving with) had started a new job and had to work 5am-8am. We had a 3pm tee time at a golf course and were going to be cutting it close coming from Rochester. I stopped for gas and my buddy told me he was going to grab something to snack on in the car since we didn't have time to swing by a McD's or anything.

I pull up to pick him up at the door after I pump the gas and he gets in the car with two hotdogs and a bag of Hot Fries. We're somewhere in East Bumfuck, NY and I have NO doubt those hotdogs were on whatever roller he pulled them off of for 6+ hours. He ate both hot dogs and a good portion of the Hot Fries (irrelevant at this point).

Long story not so short: he sh*t his pants on the 16th hole after swinging really hard and ended up in the ER with food poisoning. It was an afternoon/night that no one in that foursome will ever forget. The proshop staff was so classy and nice to him. They were WAY better at not laughing than we were.

...I'm in tears typing this just thinking about it (it's funny because he's okay). 💩:LOL::ROFLMAO:

THAT, Sir.... is the story of a lifetime. I hope you send your buddy a thank you card every year, on the anniversary of that fiasco.

THAT, Sir.... is the story of a lifetime. I hope you send your buddy a thank you card every year, on the anniversary of that fiasco.

It's discussed at length every July, for sure. Poor Jay.

Back