The Best Putting Training Aid You've Used?

With so many recommendations for it, I picked up a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer today. Did a short practice session with it earlier this evening, from just five and six-and-a-half feet. I like it đź‘Ť

Thinking of laying a line of blue painters tape down to see how that works.

Callaway Triple Track Technology

Based on the overwhelming feedback in this thread I acquired a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer. This would be the fourth putting target I've tried, and it is far and away the best, IMO.

Upon @ddec's recommendation, and because they were on sale for 50% off, I also acquired a Blast Motion Golf sensor. So far I've mainly tried to use it to even-out my swing rhythm.

Between the two of them my practice putting has improved immensely. Five-footers are now a gimme. I simply do not miss. Six- and seven-footers nearly the same. It's not until I get up to eight feet that it becomes somewhat challenging. And all this with not really having worked at it all that hard or all that consistently. I can see where, if I apply myself, I can get eight-footers to where I am with five-footers now.

I have the puttout and will also be using the alignment pro and trident alignment aid this winter...

I did this:

Putting_Practice-2020-12-27-18pct.JPG

Those are self-adhesive dots stuck to the carpeting at one-foot intervals. Seems to work pretty well.

Based on the overwhelming feedback in this thread I acquired a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer. This would be the fourth putting target I've tried, and it is far and away the best, IMO.

Upon @ddec's recommendation, and because they were on sale for 50% off, I also acquired a Blast Motion Golf sensor. So far I've mainly tried to use it to even-out my swing rhythm.

Between the two of them my practice putting has improved immensely. Five-footers are now a gimme. I simply do not miss. Six- and seven-footers nearly the same. It's not until I get up to eight feet that it becomes somewhat challenging. And all this with not really having worked at it all that hard or all that consistently. I can see where, if I apply myself, I can get eight-footers to where I am with five-footers now.

Seems you got your Blast Motion working for you, thats good mine is coming today. I definitely could use some putting practicing

Two great aids. Awesome to hear your putting has improved.

a coach?

PuttPut Pressure Putt Trainer is the best putting practice aid I've used. Helped me a ton last off season.

PuttPut Pressure Putt Trainer is the best putting practice aid I've used. Helped me a ton last off season.
Yes - the Puttout Pressure Trainer plus the PuttOut mat have been the most used/most effective training tool for me. My family likes it too so it gets a spot in the family room. That makes it more accessible and I roll a few every day.

Golf ball and putter. I will admit I went to Lowes one day and picked up a flat aluminum 4' x 2" pc that helped. My wife found a skills putt trainer in some secondhand shop for almost nothing that I use indoors when I cannot go to the course or the practice green. Both of those helped me more than anything at home. The other putter trainers I worked with were a waste of time and my hard earned money and now just sit gathering dust.

My PuttOut and also about 6 tees.

My PuttOut is used for indoor practices.

I used the 6 tees to make a 3ft circle around a hole on the practice green (after getting permission from the greens keeper) and would putt at each spot until I made 25 consecutive putts. I would then pick a tee out and move it back about 20-25ft and hit lag putts to within that 3ft circle I created earlier. My logic was that, I can hit a 3ft putt 90+% of the time, if I can get my first putt around that distance to the hole, I’m not going to three putt.

I have a lot of putting aids to choose from but I’ll go with the Navigator from Dirty Larry Golf. Simple to set up and I saw immediate results.

I find almost all training aids to be a waste of time and boring as hell, especially putting ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I really like the Putt Out for personal use. SAM Putt Lab and Quintic systems are great for knowing exactly what you are doing with the putter throughout the stroke.

I like my Wellputt mat and the Putt-Out along with the gate from the Puut-Out mirror. Lately I've been able to stick the ball in that little hole on a consistent basis. 7 feet seems to be my sweet spot for sticking it
I start at three feet and then move back at 1 ft. Intervals until I reach the ten ft. Putt. If I miss then I start all over again.
My best is 42 in a row so far. The putting mat is pretty close to the green speeds here so that has helped with lag putting. I don't blow it by the hole as much as I use to.

The Blast Motion is the best training piece of software I have ever owned or seen. You can analyze your swing to see exactly the areas you need to improve.

A close second is the PuttOUT trainer. Trying to get the ball to sit in that little hole is so frustrating it’s fun. Setting up fun distance challenges and games when friends stop over. How many times can I get the perfect putt in 3, 6, 10’?

I have a lot of putting aids to choose from but I’ll go with the Navigator from Dirty Larry Golf. Simple to set up and I saw immediate results.
Interesting concept. I'm not prepared to spend another $60 on training aids right now, but I'll certainly keep that one in mind for the future.

I like my Wellputt mat...
I looked into those after somebody else mentioned them, either in this thread or another, recently. Kinda spendy, but I like the idea they allegedly simulate a real green's speed. That's the problem I have with the indoor/outdoor carpeting in our basement: It's at the high end for speed.

I had thought I had seen, somewhere, some practice balls that rolled more slowly than a regular ball, to simulate slower greens, but I'll be darned if I can find 'em. Maybe I imagined it?

and the Putt-Out along with the gate from the Puut-Out mirror. Lately I've been able to stick the ball in that little hole on a consistent basis.
I have to admit that sticking the ball in that little hole is rewarding :) (I'm not very good at it yet.)

The Blast Motion is the best training piece of software I have ever owned or seen. You can analyze your swing to see exactly the areas you need to improve.
I need to spend more time with it. It sure has improved my rhythm (what they call "tempo"), I'll give it that.

Puttout trainer and a 36” metal ruler. Ruler has a hole at one end that I place the ball. Then attempt to get the ball to roll along the entire length of the ruler.
I'm with ya there. Just got the mat and yard stick yesterday and my trainer came in today. Love it.

Attachments

• Puttout.jpg
    Puttout.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 10
The PuttOut Pressure Trainer gets my vote too, out of the limited number of putting aids I've tried.

Back