The best shot of the round

Chip in for par after hitting a good driver followed by 2 terrible shots. 4th time chipping in over 7 rounds in 2020. Hope that trend continues.

Last round a few days ago... 9th hole, Par 4. Weak tee shot with a 3-wood. Short and left. Got under it. Had about 185 left to a fairly small green, bunkers to the front on each side. Strong right to left cross wind. Absolutely blistered a 6 iron. Pierced the wind perfectly. Hit the green, rolled to the back fringe. 2-putt par. Nothing special about a par on a pretty simple hole. But that 6-iron was great. The kind you connect with perfectly.

So close to an ACE!
3309870c27398066262ba4f9647aa05f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has to be my second shot on number 12. It is a par 5 and I had about 200 to the green for my second shot. I pulled my five hybrid and smoked it leaving it just short of the green. Probably went about 195 or so.

Had to be an approach shot. We'll pick the 200 yard par 3 to eight feet. I had several approach shots from 120-200 yards to the six to 8 foot range, but that was the longest. It feels so good to be striking the irons that pure again.

For for me it was a horrible shot followed by a great shot. I topped my tee shot on the par 3 11th hole on the Plantation course at Sea Island today. My second shot was playing about 103 yards but into the wind making it about 115 yards. I hit a pitching wedge that landed just in front of the hole and rolled out to just a few feet past. Made the putt for par!

For me my ball striking was off but it was either an approach from a hanging lie below my feet (which resulted in par) or a 15 foot putt that dropped for birdie.

In a rare display of golf ability, meaning I actually looked like I knew what I was doing for most of the day. I had several shots that I could choose from so I had to ponder on it a good bit. I finally settled on my drive on #5. I don't know how far it went, but I landed it exact where I wanted to using a controlled fade to accomplish it. It was over the water penalty area and stayed out of the bunker long. I fight a slice, but decided I was driving it well and tried to fade it on purpose. Pulling it off felt great!!!

Conditions were tough. A good amount of rain the night before, but not enough to soak everything. So, basically no roll on the fairways and the receptivity of greens was highly variable--a crapshoot. This course has crazy undulations on the greens and this time of year they put the flags where they normally shouldn't just to give other areas of the green a chance to recover.

I was hitting my approach shots right where I wanted throughout the round.

So, my shot of the round is selected from a number of those approach shots. On a long par 4, I was left with 200 yards to the pin after my drive (no roll) and hit a beautiful high draw to 8 feet from the pin.

Hit my drive on a par 5 to the middle of the fairway with 260 left. Smoked my 3W and it rolled up on the green to around 20 feet. Made the putt for birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While this was not my best shot of my round, it was the most astonishing. After a badly topped tee shot I made good contact with my 5W. I normally hit it about 225. I pushed it off to the right first hitting the ground near the end of the concrete wall.
It hit perfectly on the rock hard dirt / cart path and took off. I struggle to find it. I just kept creeping up the cart path looking under every bush. I couldn’t believe it rolled this far!
My Arccos stats are really skewed now. ?

I manage to get on the green in regulation only to foul up the putting by being over aggressive trying to get a birdie.

3F752180-270E-4295-AF82-D5DF986EE091.png

@mtbloco that's a monster. Take the lucky bounce when it comes along I guess and thanks for posting.

Two from yesterday. I hit a 4 iron from a fairway trap to a tucked pin, leaving about 4 feet.

I also hit a bad 4 iron from the fairway. Blocked it way right into the bayou, which was kind of dry. My ball was half in the water and half out. I felt like bill haas from years ago. Hit it just like a bunker shot up onto the green which was about 30 feet up and made the 10 footer for par

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 Woods 256 Yards from the Pin to 27 feet. Putt for Eagle :joy:

I played in a 5-club tournament today. You have to manufacture a lot of shots with this format on a 6,700-yard course. I was thinking about nominating a driver off the deck shot that I hit to 30 feet from the pin. But I commented on that in another thread on that topic. So, I'm going with a greenside bunker shot to 1 foot from the cup. Since it was a 5-club tourney, I only had one wedge, a 48-degree pitching wedge. I only had 10 feet of green to work with. So, I really had to open the face, get the hands low, and take that dollar bill size chunk of sand to get it to pop out high enough to land and stop close to the cup.

AW from 110 to 5ft... gimme birdie (simulator)

3H 190yds out (in the light rough) to 20ft from the pin...ruined it with a 2 putt for par.

4H from 178 yards to 4 feet, made the birdie putt.

I had several nice shots, but I almost chipped in 18 for birdie from about 30 feet from the hole. It hit the pin and ended up about 18 inches from the hole.

58 degree from 91 yards to 6 inches

It was a 3 wood tee shot that went about 260. Yeah I pulled the wedge to the side of the green but that’s not the point. :ROFLMAO:

Had a couple great drives today, longest of 278. Also had some good shots with my 3 wood, 2nd shot on a par 5 was a 248 yard smash that got me 15 yards left of green. (y)

I hit a 9i from 118 (shot the flag with laser) into a cross wind to about 18". Made the putt.

Waste bunker, laser said 166 .Took a 6i and choked down a little, dug in and kept the legs soft and smooth swing put it at 6ft. Sent chills... Soon as I looked up, OMG covering the flag. Won't ever forget that shot. Made the putt also.

Back