The best shot of the round

Drove the fringe into a crosswind on a short par 4 and should have had an eagle. Got distracted and toe'd a putt though, which would probably bug the sh** out of me if I didn't have that drive to think about.

Thursday I played 9 holes after work. The best shot was on a par 4 dogleg right with a hill that has three fairway bunkers on the right just before the knee. My approach shot was on the fairway just left of those bunkers. A blind shot to the green which is guarded by a front bunker in line with my approach. I carved a draw to take the greenside bunker out of play and the ball stopped 15 feet from the cup.

Short par 3, 80 yards. Hit 60* to 2 ft behind pin. Birdie and Closie

two, maybe.

First, into a BIG wind, full commit with a lot of club with a small fade, finishing about 10 feet beyond the hole on a par 3 from 170. So good.
Second, out of the bunker, big up onto the green, huge swing on the open face and finished within six inches.

Recovery shot. Pushed my tee shot putting a couple of trees in the way. Worse, the dogleg put the green farther behind the trees. Hit a monster slice and the ball settled in 30 feet short of the flag, but right online for an easy up and down.

Lots of good shots tee to green today. We'll go with a 125-yard approach shot straight up a mountain to a green heavily pitched right to left and back to front with the green left side and 2/3 back. Settled in 6 feet directly behind the flag. It landed about 25 feet right and curled around behind the flag.

Lots of good shots tee to green today. We'll go with a 125-yard approach shot straight up a mountain to a green heavily pitched right to left and back to front with the green left side and 2/3 back. Settled in 6 feet directly behind the flag. It landed about 25 feet right and curled around behind the flag.
Nice shot! Sounds like a tough approach.

Par 4 dogleg right at my club. Drove to the turn and then hit a five hybrid to within a foot of the hole. Almost my first eagle. Never yet had an eagle of any description ... don’t really have the length to do it on a par five.

playing yesterday on a field of play which was basically a casual water hazard for the entire course...I hit a lot of splash pad hybrids. I did hit one which was like a rocket.

Before the snow, I got in a quick 9 holes at our par 3 course, best shot was a 115 yard par 3 across a stream into a 20 mph wind with a 9 iron to 6 feet; missed the putt, but the greens are pretty awful right now

Hit a number of good shots during my sim round today but the best one was an 8i from 140yds uphill to the green and I stuck it to 18 inches for an automatic birdie

Nice shot! Sounds like a tough approach.
Thanks. That green is without a doubt the most hated on the course. So easy to lose it off the green left because of the slope. OTOH, everybody in my group enjoyed watching that approach. There are putts on that green where you have to aim 90 degrees away from the hole.

20200208_164306.jpg

20200208_140830.jpg

It's 11 yards wide there, and you have to be on the middle right to have no branch issues. Give me 50 tries and I doubt I could do it again.

My best shot yesterday was a 130 yard wedge. Went straight at the flag and bam! Hit the flag. Unfortunately it ended up 35’ away. That will show me to go flag hunting :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had two today that made me smile. 2nd shot I left myself 185 uphill to get on the GIR. Hit my 5 hybrid to the left side of the green and rolled into the middle. Last hole of the day was a par I had 120 to the pin hit a PW dead on and it rolled about 8 inches past the hole. Finished off with a birdie!

Played 9 today with my boy. Shot of the day came on #1. Fairway bunker alot from just inside 100y to ~20'. Mace ther putt to save par.

The last hole of my last round was a tricky par 3 over water. We agreed to a small closest to the pin wager. Both of the guys I was playing with misjudged the headwind and ended up wet. I hit a punch draw that finished 10ft on high. Then lipped out the putt..

Yesterday was fun. Great ball striking tee to green. Could shape my shots on command. Made several putts of length, including one from 70 feet. I was tempted to make that putt BSOTR, but tee to green was so good, I'm going with a 220-yard approach shot from light right rough. I hit a draw that lasered toward the flag and finished 15 feet short of the pin.

My last round was a bit of a mess but the last hole we played was a par 3 over water. We made a friendly wager for CTP and I hit a punch draw to 7ft to win.

I had a nice approach to 5 feet on the 1st hole. But I have to say the best shot of the round was a recovery shot on the 3rd hole. I popped up my tee shot leaving me 160 yards out uphill. The ball was on very uneven ground making it an awkward stance and the pin was forward and left with a bunker in the front left and a 5-foot high burn in front. This made for a very small landing area requiring a high shot with spin to get anywhere near the pin. Settled in 10 feet behind the pin. Absolutely threaded the needle.

Today, had to be the 35 foot putt for birdie on 18. That putt got me in with an 89. Fourth time under 90.

In averages. Yes. But this will be longest shot with that club

Gotcha. Yeah, I knew that, but at least it won't skew your averages.

Back