The best shot of the round

Best actual shot was a 100 yard wedge to around 10 feet. I made the putt for birdie. Best overall shot though was a 25 foot fast downhill putt that broke around 8 feet. I made that one for birdie also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first hole I put my approach shot inside 5 feet. We'll go with that. Truth told I've been working on my full swing and have improved distance and accuracy tee to green. So, there were a number of drives and approach shots that gave me a good opportunity to score.

Best drive was on 13, not super long but good flight and right down the middle. Best and only sand shot was on 17 and put it 6" from the hole. Best putt was 23' downhill putt for birdie on 18. Sadly there would be multiple in contention for worst shot today.

Yesterday it was my 9th HIO, 5th in the last two years.

That's unbelievable.. Congratulations!! And what is your secret?? I am still hunting for my first!!
Playing a lot of golf which increases the number of opportunities, then a lot of luck!

Wasn't a great round for me the other day. Probably the best shot was the 3W I took off the 4th tee. Just right on its intended line, pretty much as far as I've hit that club ever.

Best shot was a 56 wedge from 116 to 3 ft. Shot played downwind and the pin was tucked in a front corner, so I was very satisfied with it.

Favorite shot was my tee shot on the 1st hole. Just a nice high ripper cutting the corner, leaving me with 100 yards in when the rest of the group was at 175+.

I hit a 315 yard 3W today without wind assistance. I suspect I inadvertently played though a tear in the fabric of spacetime. Only reasonable explanation.

Best shot of yesterdays round was a recovery 8 iron from behind some trees that I hoisted the shot up and through a small V between the tops of two of them and back out into the fairway. The shot helped save the par on the first par 5 of 2020.

135-yd punch with a 3/4-hybrid, under most branches (clipped one), over a pond, and onto the front edge of the green (just above the head of my daughter in the pink sweatshirt here). It was my only missed fairway and only GIR in 7 holes this evening.

KIMG2884.JPG

Last edited:
I had two sand saves today in 4 holes. One was a great sand shot and a 10' or so putt. The other was an average sand shot and a 30's or so putt. I hit a GW to about 6' from 105ish. I hit a PW from a fairway bunker from 105ish to pin hit and 12' or so left. Missed the putt, but felt good to get a fairway bunker shot that close.

One of those has to be the best of the round. Probably the fairway bunker shot. The round turned out alright, but it was nothing great so nothing really stands out.

I had a number of shots yesterday that I consider best two that I put through some trees, but one on a par 4 comes to mind over the rest. It was a green side bunker that had a high left bank where I could not see anything in the pin area. The ball was embedded in a foot hole, of course because someone did not rake the bunker - go figure.

I took a 58 lob wedge and swung my guts out knowing it would take some force to get that ball that high. I hit the ball up high and it fell about 4-5 foot from the pin. I still don't really know how I pulled that off, but I salvaged that hole. Shouldn't have been in the bunker in the first place, yet there I was. o_O

2 stick out but I'll go with the tougher one! It's a beast of a Par 5 but we had some helping wind. Unfortunately I didn't find the fairway and had to punch out with a 7iron to leave myself 206 yards to the pin.

Basically said "F-ck it" and grabbed 3H and put probably my best swing of the day and landed 15 feet left of the flag for birdie. 2 putt Par on a hole that typically gives me fits. Nice!

Last edited:
8 iron from 145 to an elevated green, hit eighteen inches to the right of the flag and stopped at 4 feet. For an easy birdie on the #2 most difficult hole which is usually hard for me to even par. The long drive with the Mavrik Max didn't hurt either.

Seem to be on a chipping spree. Holed out another one from about 50 feet for birdie. Had a couple of approach shots to about 5 feet too.

Had this left for birdie. Hit a weak slice off the tee and was left with 180 to the green. Hit hybrid, hit a low pull slice that took a very lucky kick and rolled up next to the hole. Had a blast playing with @OhioGolfer, @Nerdy_81, & @Robozeo today.

804F17A4-8E73-4983-AD51-121C7AE03B0D.jpeg

Played just awful this weekend...

I did have one very good shot from 260-yards on a par-5. I was in the left rough and had to play a hard hook around the trees. I was just hoping to get the ball somewhere near the front of the green, but because we've actually had no rain for a week (rare in Houston), the ground was dry enough for the ball to roll on up onto the green. It was a stellar 3-putt par from 30' though...

I hit one of the best golf shots I have ever hit in my life today. I was 235 yards out over water to a green with 2 bunkers on the front of the green. I absolutely smoked my 3 iron and it hit the green rolled a little bit and ended up 5 feet from the hole. Made the putt for birdie. If I didn’t pull my drive and hit a tree I wouldn’t need to hit miracle shots to get birdies :). Here is a pic of the hole with the red line showing my ball flight.

4f767a79e01b36e39f87f9906a3016bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one worth bragging about yesterday. The 17th is a short Par-4, hit a nice drive down the right side, leaving me 128 yds to a back pin. I couldn't see the back half of the green due to some mounds between me and the green, but I could see the top half of the flag-stick. The yardage was between my 9-iron and PW, but with the back flag I went with the PW and hit what looked like a pretty good shot, and this is what I found when I got within view of the hole .....

Hills 17th 3-11-20.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-222817_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-190910_Golfshot.jpg
I have video of it, but it won't let me upload it. I'm calling this one the best, because I had some good approach shots, but my tee game was off a little and this 3 wood on 18 went exactly as planned despite that and being tired. Held the wind, and left me exactly what I was looking for on the second. Blew my birdie streak on the approach, but honestly can't do it any better than that off the tee.

Back