The best shot of the round

Congrats.. And 10 aces!! I'm insanely jealous as I'm trying to get my first one!!
Patience, Grasshopper. It will come. It took me 27 years of playing to get my first one. The last 6 have come within 27 months of each other.

Par 4, uphill all the way. Hit my drive, just miss the fairway bunker. 150 to the pin. Hit my approach short right onto a small hill, it rolls off sideways back to the fairway. 35 yds out. Sand wedge, half shot. Hits on the fringe, releases and rolls straight into the hole - birdie.

Patience, Grasshopper. It will come. It took me 27 years of playing to get my first one. The last 6 have come within 27 months of each other.
That's insane.. How can you not love golf if you are getting aces with that regularity!!

The shot last week that sticks out the most has to be the 520 yard Par 5. Wind was at my back and I hit my best drive of the day, 285.

235 to the pin and I was like well let's see how much juice I can get out of the 2H without overswinging or topping this next shot...

As soon as I finished making contact I took 3 steps forward because it was dead flushed. Landed short of the green and rolled about 15 feet past the flag.

Left the Eagle putt short and tapped in for birdie. WOOF!

Had 165 yard slightly uphill over a pond to the smallest green in the course. Donald Ross course so you know-DeD long, bunkers left & right.
had a cut a **** to the right side-NAILED IT. Drop it to about 4 feet. And yes, made the putt.
this was the last round I had back in Nov.

Funny thing..... next hole was par 3, took a 5! Man I was pissed!

I'll let you know tomorrow

I dropped an 8i from 136y to pin high and about 5'. Hit the putt for a birdie. One of the few bright spots in my worst round in years.

20200401_205340.jpg

Screenshot_20200401-205016_Golfshot.jpg

I drove a green, but that had a little wind help. This fun one did not, and it worked out.

That's a very ballsy move over the water. Did you start it out left and cut it back to try to keep it safe if you came up short or go all out and go straight at it?

It felt ballsy! haha

I started it at the pin, just to the right of the branches of the big tree. I'd have to check the live round thread, but gps showed 240-something to clear the water (but probably end up in a crap lie unless I got another few), and I ended up turning it over just a bit. edit: gps showed 245 to stay dry

There's no way to really cut that shot around the trees out over the fairway. The hole is kind of a nightmare for my mentality. It just never allows any aggressive thinking. I hit a really good drive, but I'm usually a little further left so I have a better second to the corner. When I saw I had a little gap between the near tree and the one up by the end of the lake from where I was I was like F IT, I'm doing it!! lol

It felt ballsy! haha

I started it at the pin, just to the right of the branches of the big tree. I'd have to check the live round thread, but gps showed 240-something to clear the water (but probably end up in a crap lie unless I got another few), and I ended up turning it over just a bit.

There's no way to really cut that shot around the trees out over the fairway. The hole is kind of a nightmare for my mentality. It just never allows any aggressive thinking. I hit a really good drive, but I'm usually a little further left so I have a better second to the corner. When I saw I had a little gap between the near tree and the one up by the end of the lake from where I was I was like F IT, I'm doing it!! lol

Awesome. It's been since forever it seems since I've hit a shot anywhere close to that. Would be great to get it back sometime...

Awesome. It's been since forever it seems since I've hit a shot anywhere close to that. Would be great to get it back sometime...

You know how it goes. Big lows are often followed by big highs. Hang in there and it'll sort out.

You know how it goes. Big lows are often followed by big highs. Hang in there and it'll sort out.

That's what I'm hoping for. I put in too much work this past winter and last autumn to not get some decent return out of it. My 16 year old is beating me too handily right now, too. I must gain respect back!

My great shot last week was a 5 iron over water to a tiny green about 192-194 and fell right on the green with a long putt for birdie to the hole. The bad part was I missed the birdie....arrrggghh....but I still was excited about making the green over water.

An another toss up between two shots. The first one was about a 35-ft putt that started off going uphill then broke from left to right downhill. Drained it for par.

The second one was after my tee shot on the 18th hole went into the penalty area and I had to take a drop. It left me about a hundred yards over the water and back into the wind to a short pin. The good thing about this particular pin placement is you can throw it just past the pin and it will roll back. That is exactly what I did. I choked down a pitching wedge. It landed just to the right and long of the pin. It rolled down and almost went into the hole for birdie. Just a few inches for a tap in par.

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_143116.jpg
    IMG_20200403_143116.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1
I had a lot of really good shots today especially on the back nine, but I guess the best one would have been my chip on the 15th hole from about 25 ft or so from off the green. Landed it just short of the stick and it hopped in for a birdie.

This was a virtual round, but it was SkyTrak so I’m gonna count it. #17 at TPC Sawgrass playing 120. Dropped it pin high and rolled out to 15 feet. Two putted for par.

A PW from about 130 off a slightly downhill lie to about 4 feet. That’s a darn nice up and down for bogey after taking an OB.

7i from 180 on a par 3.

It was such a filthy good shot. Exactly as I visualized and right off the button...I'm legit not even going to clean my 7i. Pitched a couple feet in front of the hole and settled a couple feet behind.
Screenshot_20200404-212921_Photos.jpg

One stood out head and shoulders above the rest today. On the par 5 12th hole I blasted a drive (At least by my standards) that got out there about 270 yards. That left me about 177 yd to a middle pin. I flushed my 5 hybrid over the little hill in folront if me and knew it was good, but didn't know how good it was until I got to the green to see that it was 2 feet from the hole. My playing partners (@T0AD being one of them) said that it almost went in for an albatross. Easiest eagle I've ever made!

Sorry, but this kind of long for the shot of the day!

My drive on the first hole was my shot of the day. There were several that were probably equally as good in reality, but today I attempted something I have only tried a few times despite playing the course hundreds of times and that is hitting my drive over the creek that cuts across the fairway. The creek from the whites tees requires a tee shot to carry at least 180 to be safe, but closer to 200 to be over the bank of the creek and near the fairway. I almost always lay up short of that creek, but not to day. I was determined and confident that I could / would drive over the creek and I did it successful. The drive landed in the fairway traveling at least 245 yard if not further. I might not try it every time, but knowing that I can do it is huge!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200406-155814.png
    Screenshot_20200406-155814.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 4
It is hard to pick just one today. 🤔 I guess I will go with the tee shot on 17 that was right at the stick. It came up about 3 feet short, but it left an uphill putt for birdie that I made.

Dont @me with your hate of this HIO! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9131996E-D0E1-41A6-BEE9-19018C9BE522.jpeg
390 yard Par 4. Hit a Drive down the middle then hit a 50* wedge from 112 for a kick in birdie. It’s been a while since I had a by the book hole like this.

Back