The best shot of the round

It was my second shot on the par 5 12th hole using a 6 hybrid that stopped inside 2 1/2 feet from the cup. Second time this month I've come within 3 ft of an albatross. Easy eagle though. The shot was wind aided. There's no way I can hit a six hybrid or six iron 188 yards otherwise.

Two bombs yesterday, thanks to hard, dry fairways.

The best was on the longest par-4 on the course (422 yds). Tees were up just a bit, but still playing ~415 yds. This hole is the toughest for me, scoring-wise. Tee shot was a straight rope that bounced hard. 290 yards. I only had a PW left. Last time I played the hole, I had to hit a 3/4-hybrid into the green!

The second best turned out to be my personal best, distance-wise: 306 yds, and just short of driving the green. Very fortunate here, as it faded into a thin stand of pines on the right side but somehow got through unscathed.

Last edited:
9i from a distance playing 140. I hit a pure 9i that cut through the wind. The pitchmark was about 5’ in front of the hole and the ball came to rest about 5’ past the hole. It must have burned the edge for eagle (I made the down hill putt for birdie).

179 yd 6-iron, off hardpan.

I couldn't reach the green on a par 5, so I was just trying to layup to a good distance. So much for that. Nice, high flight with a gentle fade.

It was my second shot on the par 5 12th hole using a 6 hybrid that stopped inside 2 1/2 feet from the cup. Second time this month I've come within 3 ft of an albatross. Easy eagle though. The shot was wind aided. There's no way I can hit a six hybrid or six iron 188 yards otherwise.

Oops...I did it again. Eagled the 12th for the 3rd time in just over 3 weeks. This time the 2nd shot was with a 5 wood was from about 210 yards into the wind and I left it about 3 ft beside the hole. I don't know why I played this hole so well lately, but I sure ain't complaining! Before this streak started I think I had eagled once, maybe twice over the past 5 years.

Hit a knockdown 7 iron 138 yards to 6 feet. Considering I was hitting into 30 moh headwinds it was an amazing outcome. Missed the birdie putt though :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was on a 530 yard, double dog leg right par 5, hit a beastly drive and was 250 yards out, laid up with a punchy 5 iron due to the wind, hoping to get to a 90 yards. Went to flick a sand wedge in and thinned it into the green side bunker. Shortsided in a deep bunker with 5 ft lip in front of me, I bladed the first shot into the face of the bunker, second attempted out, ball landed 5 feet short of the pin and just started tracking. My buddy on the other side of the green was yelling “Go in”, and it did the PGA thing and pointed to the sky as it rolled in. Best par save ever. Definitely in my top 3 all time shots.

Excellent shot!

Best "shot" today was a 2 shot combo. Hit driver (279y), 5wd (199y) into one of the par 5's. Missed the 30' eagle putt by <1". Easy tap in birdie, but still chasing my next eagle.

After I topped my drive into the trees on the left. And after I hit a tree with my punch shot. I hit a 165 yard punch shot that ended up 15’ from the hole. Made the putt for par.

Towering drive today up n over trees landed 20 yards from the green... It was a 305 short 4...kept the birdie streak (at least one per round) alive.

hit a half decent cut fade with my 5i

230ish yard 3W out of the rough on an uphill par 5.

My best shot today was on the par 4 #16th hole. My drive left me 135 yards out with a wind that was right to left and slightly in. I used an 8 iron and hit my approach shot to inside if 2 feet for an easy birdie.

Lucky for me one of my buddies was on the green when this happened. I was 102 yards out and hit a knockdown wedge. And it rolled and bumped the raised cup for an eagle 2. He said it would have 100% gone in if not for the raised cup. I have figured after today I have eagled half the holes at my club now. And not a single HIO. Maybe one day.

A nice, towering 7i over some trees... Followed it up with a chunked pitch :facepalm:

Drive on first hole today. Playing from back tees and on that hole the tee box is a little area 40-50 yards back. Even from the next up tees it is a challenging first shot of a round. Lake left, creek right, and a huge cottonwood (red circle) that blocks taking a direct line. Played into wind today to make matters worse. Foursome included my buddy’s friends (new to me) who were on the edgy side and ones who wanted to play those tees. Each of them misses first drive and proclaims breakfast ball. Standing on tee box I felt pressure. Took a deep breathe and nailed my line with a draw around the cottonwood. That shot set the tone for my round.
1FB7716E-C23D-4059-A821-E6FF1F803446.jpeg

Drive on first hole today. Playing from back tees and on that hole the tee box is a little area 40-50 yards back. Even from the next up tees it is a challenging first shot of a round. Lake left, creek right, and a huge cottonwood (red circle) that blocks taking a direct line. Played into wind today to make matters worse. Foursome included my buddy’s friends (new to me) who were on the edgy side and ones who wanted to play those tees. Each of them misses first drive and proclaims breakfast ball. Standing on tee box I felt pressure. Took a deep breathe and nailed my line with a draw around the cottonwood. That shot set the tone for my round.
View attachment 8942177
Nice shot!!!

no one is biting on my 'tour sauce' comment but I just made my wife hear about it, so I'll share here as well haha

Hole 10. Great drive into the wind, 105 to the hole. Pull 54 degree, hit it dead on line with a bit of a draw tail. Lands about 12 feet past the hole with teeth, bites, spins back gently down the hole, plink. in the hole.

All world 2. Should have kept the ball.

no one is biting on my 'tour sauce' comment but I just made my wife hear about it, so I'll share here as well haha

Hole 10. Great drive into the wind, 105 to the hole. Pull 54 degree, hit it dead on line with a bit of a draw tail. Lands about 12 feet past the hole with teeth, bites, spins back gently down the hole, plink. in the hole.

All world 2. Should have kept the ball.
The best thing is your drive put you close enough to watch it.

Yesterday it was a beautiful drive on the perfect line that left me about 230 in on a par 5, then hitting 3h that ended up pin high.

Today...I’ll go with a maybe 25-30 foot putt for birdie.

I had far more good shots than I expected this weekend.

150 yard par three, landed 3 feet from hole and parked it middle of the green. Made the Par

Several very good approach shots that left an easy up and down for Par

The most profitable shot was a closest to the hole contest, greenside chip, landed softly and released to the hole and won by 6" net profit $1 lol!

Mavrik 3W from 250 to 10' for an eagle.

Screenshot_20200509-122525_TheGrint.jpg

20200511_181205.jpg

Best shot I've had since almost holing that par 4 off the forward tees a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back