The best shot of the round

Several really nice shots today (a whole lot of stinkers as well), but I think my putt for par on #1 was the best shot due to difficulty and that it gave me a lot of momentum to have a string of 4 pars in a row. The putt was a a speedy one. It was down hill, down grain, down wind putt that had about 3 turns in it. I nailed the read and the pace got it just over the lip of the cup.

8 iron from 171 to 3 feet on the par 3. Tap in birdie

Today was a good day (for the most part). I had 4 shots that were T1 for best shot of the day.

Home 6, played my drive perfectly. Left the SW on the front of the green an wasted an opportunity for birdie.

Hole 14, hit a nice 4h that should have been a birdie chance and I turned it into a bogey.

Hole 16, hit a nice 3wd into a stiff breeze and set up a short pitch for my only birdie of the day.

Hole 17, played another perfect drive and found the fairway on the #1 handicap hole. Squandered another opportunity with a bladed 7i.

Screenshot_20200511-222552_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200511-222614_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200511-222632_Golf Pad.jpgScreenshot_20200511-222644_Golf Pad.jpg

Well with all this COVID-19 shelter in place it's been a while since I had a round to make a contribution here. On the 17th hole, a par 5 I pushed my tee shot along the tree line on the left. I hit a good fairway metal recovery shot leaving me 70 yards from the pin. The pitch shot never left the flag landing just short of the green rolled on and in the hole for an eagle 3.

Two guys in our group were more excited than I. They said that was the first eagle they'd ever seen.

On 18, hit okay tee shot, just hit low in the head and pulled left but turned out fine, left me with 135 to the pin. PW in hand, aimed left to let the wind carry the ball back towards the hole, swung and the ball did exactly what I wanted. As it came down, I heard a whack as it hit the pin about 2’ feet up. I couldn’t see where the ball went as there was a bunker lip blocking my view, plus the green sloped front to back. Ride up the path and walk up to the green to see my ball sitting 18” from the hole leaving me a tap in birdie to finish my round on, which also let me finish the back nine at even.

Today's best shot of the round: I hit one horrendous drive today and it was on a par 5 with the widest fairway.... :poop::poop:
Get up to where my ball bounced only to find a small stream. Had to take a drop.
From 257, I hit my 5 wood to about 10 feet and nearly made birdie! Missed, but saved par. Another silly 5 wood shot while here in Myrtle.

5i stinger from trouble under low ass branches through the window and rolled up to 17 feet.

There are two in the running from this afternoon's round. Most of the time I'd take this perfect 7i draw that I hit that landed on the green and released to about 17 ft. I gave the birdie a run. but took the tap in 2'-er for par and ran.
7C707754-BBB9-4EFB-A7C6-6EAA93D4BB56.jpeg

But, I'm choosing this 5i. I just giggle when i can hit an iron this far. It came right after a flubbed drive. when the 3rd 4some of the day let me play through. they were all at the box watching. It helped me save the hole. and based on where i saw it land...it carried 200 yards!

A276C200-2290-4718-ACC3-B9D824A4EE9C.jpeg

I hit a six iron today on the 188 yard par 3 11th hole to 15”. It’s a Biarritz green and the hole wasn’t visible from the tee but it must have been close to hitting the hole as it was just past it.

20200514_124529.jpg

From 168. I thought it was going to hit the pin, and was pleasantly surprised it missed by what had to be about half a ball width.

I might take mine back. Can a best shot be mostly luck?

Because this one

20200515_004634.jpg

really wasn't quite intentional. Lol 20 ft away on the front fringe for an eagle putt. There was a partial raised divot right in front of the ball, so I was worried about trying to spin it around the tree. Long right from there is no good. Unfamiliarity with the new 3W and maybe that tuft of grass made me misjudge where it would be going through the tree, but it really worked out. :D

57 yard pitch shot straight at the flag. It took a weird bounce ending up 3 feet away instead of closer, but made the putt for birdie.

hit a nice fade off the tee...

Chip in for birdie on 18!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200yd 4H approach that got me on in two... In front of an "audience" even... The lag putt was a foot right but I'll take that kinda hole (so to speak) any day.

I would say it was a series of shots on 18 after making bogey on the easy 17th. Two 3 woods to pin high on a 490 yard par 5. Chip with a 54 degree wedge to a foot for a tap in closing birdie.

Had a lot of good shots today but this 5 hybrid put me on the par 5 in two! I missed the eagle putt from about 4 feet. The 7 iron was just flushed and made me smile. Please ignore the three putt lol E9CF914F-F216-43CB-9F67-FD110A8BFEF5.pngF6E52B55-6D8B-4CA8-A47D-CAEBB909EF86.png

Screenshot_20200516-123033_TheGrint.jpg

20200516_174347.jpg

Recovery from my only bad drive of the day. Made good contact in the 10" grass to get to 7' and make the birdie putt.

I've played the last few rounds with only 6 clubs which meant I've had to work on distance control more than usual. To add to the difficulty, the irons I've been gaming are very old AND I've been hitting them longer than I'm accustomed to (flew a couple holes already on this round).

So on the 18th, I had a 135 yard approach to an elevated green and a pin location towards the front. Short is much better than long on this green but I still chose the 7i over the 9i, gripped down just a bit and swung easy. The result was a <10 ft putt for birdie (2-putted for par).

190 yard par 3 on the 2nd hole. Pulled it badly leaving a 100 foot pitch from the rough next to the 3rd tee. Holed it out for a birdie.

I'm going to go with this one from my last round. 1st hole birdie. Nothing spectacular about it other than the fact I obviously had NO idea the greens were going to be that much faster than normal, but I had the right line, so it went in instead of well past. And first hole birdies are the best. :D

Last edited:
I had 143 into a breeze you could feel. I hit a 9i to about 3 feet. 145 of carry is a big 9i for me, much less into that breeze.

Back