The best shot of the round

2 from Friday...

First one was a bit of a lucky shot. Was in jail down about 15 feet below the fairway. Had a 3 foot window or so between the fairway edge and a low hanging tree limb. Hit a low fade with my hybrid and shot the gap.

The other was a recovery after a poor drive. I was in the fairway on the #1 handicap hole but had about 200y left (popped it up). Bunker short right, water on the left. Hit my 5w to about 15 feet. 2 putts for par.

Chip in birdie today!!! About 20 yards on a par 3 after coming across the ball and leaving it short right. Didn’t hit the chip quite right and smashed it straight into the pin where even the pool noodle couldn’t keep it out!

This 3W from 243 to get on in 2 for what feels like the first time ever on that hole. Tap in birdie after missing the 18' eagle chance.

9 iron from 129 into the wind out of a fairway bunker to 2 feet to set up my only birdie of the round.

Either the 312y drive to split the fairway on hole #5 or the 160y 7i to pin high and 11' away on #17. I guess I'll give the nod to the 7i since I made my par and didn't 4 putt like I did on #5.:eek:

5 iron 180 par 3 awesome

Driving has always been a struggle of mine, but last time out I drove the ball VERY well in only my 3rd time out with a new driver. I hit two BOMBS off the tee that day. High, long, and straight as an arrow. One measured around 290 and the other measured around 300-310 thanks to some good roll. Hopefully it wasn’t a fluke of a day!

193 yards out, playing into a stiff breeze, spanked my heavenwood to 6 feet of the hole and drained the birdie. First time I think I’ve birdied that particular hole too.

4some let me tee off in front...hit a power fade into the rough, 120yds from the pin. Launched a 9i over the trees and landed 5ft from the pin. 2 putted :facepalm:...1st putt about an inch short :rolleyes:

While I made two sandies, I think the best shot was an 87 yard approach to 3 feet.

6i in front 180y, green was about 20 feet below the fairway. Hop/stop 10 feet below the hole - made the birdie putt.

I was playing a Par 4 on a course I had never played. It was an extremely tight and narrow fairway. I hit a drive and landed a tad left, then hit an iron just short of the green dead in the middle between two bunkers.

The green was somewhat high on a small hill and I could see the upper part of the flagstick yet not the hole. I pulled out my wedge and hit the chip about 25 yards and the ball hit the pin and dropped straight in the hole for a birdie.

Had about 210 up hill and into the wind approach on a par 4. Took out my 5 wood and crushed it. Ended up on the green with about a 20 footer for birdie. Missed the putt but the greens were really in bad shape. The approach was the key shot though.

Saturday i chipped in for eagle on the par 5 15th.....same hole i snagged a long drive proxy as well.

Little baby knockdown 48 from 127 to a foot, the low hard checker, ******* gorgeous.

So, I pushed my drive to the base of a tree on the right side of the fairway. I had basically no swing to speak of. I had to look through the pine needles on the branch hanging over my ball to see it at address. Somehow, I got a cut 7i to come out of that lie. It came out low and cut perfectly back toward the hole. Ended up in the left fringe, but I was happy to have the shot come off almost exactly as planned.Screenshot_20200527-104919_Golf Pad.jpg20200527_105246.jpg

7 iron from 193 to 3 feet tap in birdie. Wish I had it on video perfect high dead straight ball flight

20200527_211216.jpg

20200527_211301.jpg

Went way long on this par 3, and had 70' coming back down the hill. It just barely crested the edge of the tier, and ended up 2.5' away for an easy par.

20200527_211727.jpg

Give me a hundred tries and I doubt I could pace it that well again.

Had a nice blind flop shop today up 15-20 feet over bunkers to a short-sided pin to give myself a par putt from 10. Just missed the putt but happy I had a good par save chance. The 7i approach shot that put me there could be an option for an alternative thread. ;)

IMG_1371.jpeg

Had a nice blind flop shop today up 15-20 feet over bunkers to a short-sided pin to give myself a par putt from 10. Just missed the putt but happy I had a good par save chance. The 7i approach shot that put me there could be an option for an alternative thread. ;)

View attachment 8946051

Do like addicts do, just focus on the recovery!

Which sounds pretty sweet! Nice shot!

Nice. That's one thing I think I lose a fair bit on with the bad eye. My long lag putts could stand to be better.
Wait, you have a bad eye too? Really? I'm not sure I have time for a new best friend right now...

What seems to be it's malfunction, if you don't mind me asking?

Wait, you have a bad eye too? Really? I'm not sure I have time for a new best friend right now...

What seems to be it's malfunction, if you don't mind me asking?

Macular pucker on my left retina. Basically, scar tissue on my retina. Everything except the bottom right of the eye chart is blurry out of the left eye. Even with glasses it doesn't get much, if any, better.

My best day with my irons since last October. I had a few iron approach shots finish inside of 3 feet but the most satisfying was my GW on the last from 116 yards to 15" to secure my 4 under 69.

Macular pucker on my left retina. Basically, scar tissue on my retina. Everything except the bottom right of the eye chart is blurry out of the left eye. Even with glasses it doesn't get much, if any, better.
hahahah

ah

haahhhahahaha

Maybe we are best friends...

If you tell me it's from getting hit in the head with golf club we need to buy some lottery tickets, immediately.

And OMG I would just like to apologize to you, from everyone who doesn't get it and tells you to just get glasses/contacts out there, because they're certainly not going to, and they're annoying AF. (y)

Back