The best shot of the round

Drove a par 4 310 yards in the air pin high, minor detail that it was 40 feet downhill

Launched my 3 wood on the closing hole. A little aggression on it as I bogeyed the last hole. 265 to carry the bunker so I took it over it and cleared it by a bit. Rolled out to 301 flip wedge in which I hit within 8 feet just read it wrong

Ironically, one of two that come to mind was on the first hole today. Had 110 in from just into the rough. Stuffed it to about 6 feet with a 54 wedge. Missed a very slick downhill right to left breaker. Tough putt for the first hole, but I’ll take an opening par any day.

Other was on the par 3 16th. 8 iron from 165 to about 10-12 feet. Wasn’t overly great contact, but luckily a good result. Made the uphill putt for birdie.

Last edited:
First Eagle of the year! Smoked this drive.
45460d0e45f21f2f3ec3bb14dcb67bbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Finished birdie-birdie. The one on 17 was a big left to right sweeping 40 foot putt as the ball was on the lower level and the pin was across on the higher level. Matched line and speed perfectly.
Ohhhh, I bet that was pretty.

Man this thread makes me want to play!

Ohhhh, I bet that was pretty.

Man this thread makes me want to play!
Best part was everyone in our group was watching it. One of those that looked good from the start but everyone got more and more excited as it got closer to the hole. Those are fun whether it's your putt or someone else's.

got a bad hop and wound up on the other side of the cart path...there was a tree too close to launch over in the direction I wanted but the easier play was right of that but would leave me further back than i'd have liked...took a chance and punched a 4h under the close tree, and between two that gave me a good run at the green...wound up 8ft off the green in some light rough for a chip and putt for par (only one of the day :()

hero shot_LI.jpg

I put my old Titleist 503h driving iron in the bag Sunday after a brief experiment with a Callaway Epic Forged 4 iron. I hit it to 4 feet in a cross wind on the 223 yard par 3 11th hole today for an easy birdie.

PW from 100y to 1ft for a kick-in birdie.

got a bad hop and wound up on the other side of the cart path...there was a tree too close to launch over in the direction I wanted but the easier play was right of that but would leave me further back than i'd have liked...took a chance and punched a 4h under the close tree, and between two that gave me a good run at the green...wound up 8ft off the green in some light rough for a chip and putt for par (only one of the day :()

View attachment 8947369
Woohoo! All or nothing! That's the kind of thing that teaches you lessons! Nice par.

mine was a best "recovery"

Match play - missed green on par 3, chipped to 5 feet and sunk the putt to win the hole after the other three putted.

Woohoo! All or nothing! That's the kind of thing that teaches you lessons! Nice par.

I wasn't so good out of the tee box (my alignment was off) yesterday but my recovery shots and chipping were pretty good for me and the random partner I had commented about my recoveries from errant tee shots after a few holes.

6i - 146 yard into a strong wind (probably 2 clubs) on a par 3. Hit it to 15ft and then drained the putt

Hit the Epic Flash 3 wood 265 off the tee. It feels good to be a gangster.

Also chipped in from about 35 yards for birdie. Hadn't had a chip in for awhile and that was nice to see. Those SM7 wedges are delightful

Yesterday it was a chip in for birdie. 2nd in two weeks.

0b3f2e7d81e20f5ea17cdc55897143a8.jpg

Just as I’m struggling with driver and shopping for a new one, I nail this beaut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almost too good!

I love playing with players irons again.

Absolutely CARVED an 8i in from a crummy tee shot around some danger and into the surface with a sweeping draw that was just....one of the best feelings I’ve had on the golf course in probably a year.

My shot of the day was my approach shot on the 16th hole. As you can see in the picture there are two trees and the flagstick is almost in the middle of the picture between the trees. I was stuck behind those two trees at about a 103 yards from the flagstick. I was able to get my shot over and through the trees and landed it just short of the green in the fringe. Unfortunately I didn't hit a very good chip so I ended up with a bogey, but from that position a bogey is a good score. IMG_20200605_151537.jpg

Just started working on a swing change earlier this week on the range. It involves a few adjustments, so I expect it to take awhile to get ingrained. I pulled it out a few times on the course with good results. The 14th hole on this course is straight up a mountain. I bombed it 250 yards. I'm going with that one for shot of the day.

tee'd off with my new #3 U65 about 190 yds into the right rough. Took out the 4h for the 2nd shot...thought I missed but turned out it got on...in two. that's monumental for me, folks.

edit: the long story is as I was walking up to find my 2nd shot, there was a metric **** ton of range balls in the right rough and a few on the fairway...so I was searching those hither and yon...all the while, I ignored the ball I saw lying on the green. :facepalm:

Last time out I really struggled with the long clubs, but was hitting my irons pretty well. On the 18th I hit an okay drive, down the right side of the fairway, which offers the best angle into a green that has water all down the left, and a little elbow of water and tulies fronting the green on the left. The pin was cut way over on the left side, and I was 155 yds out. I aimed at the left edge of the greenside bunker on the right of the green, intending to hit 8-iron with a little draw into the middle of the green. Well shaping shots isn't one of my strong points, but I nailed this one, not the closest to the pin I'd been during the round, but to me the best shot of the day, and I made my two-putt from 20 feet for par.

Today I hit a great I iron into a par 3 that spun back under the hole and I made the putt for birdie

Yesterday.... 9th hole. Par 5. I hit my tee shot into the woods... yeah big surprise there... :ROFLMAO: 5H low and about 185 yds to set up the 45 yd lob shot that put me in position for the birdie. I'd have to say it was the hybrid escape shot from the woods.

50 degree wedge from 110 to 2 feet to set up an easy birdie.

Back