The best shot of the round

Tee shot on a 289y par 4

Attachments

• 715579C2-C97F-4478-A4EB-BE871280FDB1.jpeg
    715579C2-C97F-4478-A4EB-BE871280FDB1.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
7 iron from 193 to here. Nice high baby draw. BA894434-DE34-4B7A-8378-2E3849FBCD9D.jpeg Made the putt for birdie

Are you saying you have one of those?!! 'Cause I don't. The HIO or the video. That was just a lob wedge from the fairway, man. I do have 4 or 5 videos of me hitting the pins on par 3's, but I don't like watching them. lol

And I guarantee if I ever do get a HIO, we won't be taking video, or it'll be one of the ones where we think we are, but actually aren't. :LOL:
No videos of a HIO. But I did have one with FIVE buddies looking on. That was pretty sweet.

Two today, same hole. 247 yard drive, right onto the sliver of fairway to the left of a pond. Followed by a blind 86 yd 54 degree over a hill to a 3' birdie. Nice way to end a round.

FIFY

Was that short, long, left, or right? Nice shot(s).
It was a back pin left side of the green. The course was playing tough the tee boxes were all pushed to the back and most were back pins . Thinking they have a tournament soon cause that set up was difficult

3hybrid on the 9th tee. Hit a high straight shot over the trees into the middle of the fairway. Hole is a dog leg right with OOB all down the right and tress all down the left

You either hit it over the trees and OOB right or play an iron to the conrer of the dogleg up the hill

It was a back pin left side of the green. The course was playing tough the tee boxes were all pushed to the back and most were back pins . Thinking they have a tournament soon cause that set up was difficult
Gotcha. So you hit it beyond the hole. That's a hell of a 7i. I didn't see it. Where was the ball mark? Must have been fairly close.

Chip-in from just off the green for par.

Had two good sand shots from pretty gnarly greenside bunkers and not much green to work with. Put both ~10 feet from pin. I burned the edges with the putts, but those were nice to see. I have had a wimpy bunker game and put in recent study and work to improve. To me, these were best shots of round for that reason.

Made a horrible swing after hurrying the transition leaving me 40 yards short on a par 3. I've been working on these shots and dropped one a foot from the hole for an easy par save.

On the 1st hole yesterday playing my third shot from 84 yds out. Hit my 50* and stuck the ball within a foot of the hole. Sank the putt for par. ;)

Opening hole - hit a nice approach to 4’ for tap in birdie.

afbb1e733b21b90e5f98ee9ee3516cec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have taken a picture but, I had 124 yards to center of green. Hit a 9I to about 7 feet to the smallest green totally protected: elevated, water in front, bunkers on both sides, typical Donald Ross.

A 144-yd 8-iron to a back right hole on the 14th today.

It was the last good shot of the round, starting at the center of the green and fading right of the flag, landing about 20 feet below and right of the hole. It led to my 4th birdie of the round.

Chipped in for a birdie. Yesterday I hit the flag on the same hole with my approach and ended up 40’ away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip in for the lone birdie of the round.

Well i didn't have many great shots today but had a 2 great ones on a par 3 today. 189 yd 5 iron with about a 12ft putt left and drained it. Only birdie all day, felt great

Today's best shot was 128 yrd wedge to 9 inches and a kick in bird.

5th hole, 265 dogleg left, with trees all down the left hand side

Hit a 5 iron and absolutley creamed it, a high draw round the corner. I thought it was middle of the fairway but when we walked round the corner it was 5 yards short of the green

Don't think I have ever hit a 5 iron that far before

Hit my 3w a little longer off the tee than I expected (not long but longer than expected)... Put me in a spot where I had to carry the water. Not a great shot but I made par after missing the 1st putt about a foot left... Even two months ago, I'd have given a lot of thought to just going way left to avoid the water...

20200620_155204.jpg

20200621_090807.jpg

Put one there from 100 yds for a tap in birdie. Didn't like the look of that pin being at the intersection of three ridges, so thought I'd skip it. :p

Piped a 255yd 3W shot straight down the fairway off the tee. Followed it up with a 115yd AW 8ft from the pin. 2 putted for par 😑

Back