The best shot of the round

SIM Ti 3w off the deck from 267 to 12 feet, and canned the eagle putt 🔥

How did the baby shoot?

She had three cries while we were putting and only one spit up on the day.. Solid numbers. Honestly impressed lol she is doing a good job just hanging in her car seat in the cart. Never thought we could pull that off!

Strong like bull.

And the eagle let me break 80 on my last hole after going 7 over in the previous 5 :ROFLMAO:

That is how you do it. Great round, bro!

6 iron from 204 to 4 feet. Tap in birdie on a tricky hole

I hit two especially good for me 3w off the tee where I shaped shots to take advantage of dog legs L and R.

#9, our #2 handicap hole, playing from the tips.

Caught my drive too high on the face, ball soared and dropped out of the sky, leaving 169 yards considerably uphill to a middle pin cut left.

Mid pin on this hole means bottom of a swallow on the green. Pulled my 170 club hoping to land it front 1/3 of the green to maybe hop and feed toward the pin.

Worked.

Hit a medium trajectory draw that appeared to land where I'd hoped and hopped forward and out of view.

Ball came to rest 18" from the cup, tapped-in for bird.

Difficult hole for me. In probably close to 150-200 rounds by now, I've *maybe* birdied this hole only 10 times.

on the 2nd hardest hole, which i think is the hardest, hit a 3 hybrid off tee that i got under a bit. 2nd shot ball was considerably below feet and hit 5 iron 207 yards 15 feet from pin

Today on the #1 handicap hole, which is the second hole you play and is a long dogleg right. There are wetlands guarding the right side along with a tree line, and bunkers and thick rough around the green. I drove my tee shot beyond the inside of the knee leaving 160 yards to the flag, which is as good as it gets. Hit a laser approach shot that never left the flag and settled in 6 feet away. Made the putt for birdie. The first of three birdies over four holes. I'm going with the approach shot as the best shot--mostly because the approach game was sharp all day. But obviously the tee shot was pretty special too.

15 foot downhill right to left breaking putt I made for par after having to take a one stroke unplayable lie penalty after driving the ball left into some brush.

Greenside chip in on hole 1 to start the round with a birdie.

I was going to write that I hit the pin at distance for the 4th time in 2 weeks, but I didn't technically hit it. At least we don't think it did. One hopped a 7-iron onto a slightly raised cup though. Bounced once, bounced slightly higher off the cup, and fell dead a couple feet away for an easy birdie.

I pushed a tee shot on a par 5 that settled down directly behind a Crepe Myrtle short of the water and bridge. The ball was lying nicely but I was blocked about 290 yards from the green.

It was either chip out sideways or hit my choked down cut shot with the driver. I went with my driver.

I went down at it pretty hard while wiping the face across the ball and it took off nicely. A nice controlled slice that settle down into right center fairway about 70 yards from the pin.

Birdied my nemesis/blow up hole. Short/medium dogleg left but very tight. I usually hit a fade off the tee, sometimes leaving me in the next fairway. Today a drew a 3 wood and hit a 5h to the front edge of the green and drained a 20 + ft putt to the back of the green. #2 HC on that 9 so I get 2 strokes on that hole for net dbl eagle.

3 wood from 218 into the wind to about 20 feet to set up an easy two putt birdie.

48yd chip to 1.5ft from the pin

20200729_192538.jpg

I had some that would typically be described as better, but this one meant a lot to me.

I am determined to not let my Mav SZ get replaced by my SIM and it's one weakness is that it's harder to play a fade with it. So I have been determined as heck to make it happen when and how I want lately. And I couldn't have drawn this one any better. Put me in perfect position for a real good 3W and eventual eagle, and my partner thought it was 'beeaauutiful'. lol

Drained two 20 or so footers on par 3's for birdies.

I was on a roll today as I had 3 great shots. So rather than go through them all I’ll summarize. All were needed due to a previous poor shot. All 3 ended up on the green. 2 of them with a hybrid and the other with a 5 wood. The 5 wood was great because I hit the ground on a par 5 on the tee. Barely made it past the ladies tee box. Ended up with a GIR.

Hit one of the longest drives of my life on a par 5. Hit it 358 yards middle do the fairway that left me 141 to the hole. Didn’t make eagle but had a tap in birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back