The best shot of the round

Two of them for me today.

1st one , pulled an @OldandStiff and went over the trees since I had a tailwind and left myself 73 yards, 50° wedge to 1 foot for a tidy tap in birdie.
2nd one, Hole 18, Par 5 (494) drive was 281 o_Oleft me 213 to the pin, 5W to about 30 feet. (of course I 3 putted for par :mad:)

@Snickerdog right now

Drove green on short par 4 and lipped the eagle.

Holed out from 47 yards

Yesterday.

Hole #18, Lake Hefner North, (shortish) 501y par 5. Hit a choked down 5wd from ~200y to 20' to reach the green in two. Missed the eagle putt by about 2' (short) and finished off the round with a birdie.

Scratch that. I'll say hole #4. I hit a less than stellar drive only about 230ish, but in the fairway. Hit a 3wd trying to lay it up in the fairway because the green was out of reach. Cut the lay up into the right rough. I had 150ish to a front pin, into the wind, and I was in the light rough. I hit a 6i to 3', but missed the putt. Definitely the best shot of the round. Just sucks that I couldn't capitalize on it.

Last edited:
Yesterday, Palouse Ridge #6. 184 yd par 3, 6 iron to 12 feet.

Played a very drunken 18 holes on saturday (bourbon lovers group) 2 man best ball tournament

Runners up:
7 iron to put it 3 feet out for a tap in birdie
the tap in birdie putt
several medium to long putts to save par
5 Wood off the tee to hit a perfect draw (not something I do regularly) and hit it LOONG 220+ to outdrive my partner who hit driver.

Best shot of the round:

18th hole, we are up by 3 against our opponents. My partner pulled his tee shot left so it was no good. I chunked my driver and dribbled it just onto the fairway but left us 265 out to the green on a Par 4.

My partner pipes a wood down the middle and leaves us about 80 yards from the green. I decide that since he just hit a very safe shot, I would go for it and try to improve. Out comes the driver...

I look to the other guys and tell them to get their cameras cause this next shot (as im waggling my driver) is either going to be f***ing spectacular or really f***ing hilarious. (we were all pretty hammered at that point)

I line up my shot, smooth backswing and reminded myself to follow through and keep my head down. I felt the ball hit the driver face and it had the smooth almost imperceptible "tink" that tells you just from the feel that you hit the sweet spot and got every little bit you could out of it. I continue with my follow through and allow my arms to pull my head through and up. I look up just in time to see that ball smoking down the middle of the fairway and making a solid climb. It landed 20 yards from the green and everyone's jaw had dropped, myself included. Hands down the best driver off the deck shot ive ever hit... ever... Had the wind not picked it up and slowed it down, I think it would have rolled up to the green. Needless to say, we went with my 20 yard chip to the hole vs his 80 yard pitch.

Second shot on #9. I can count on my fingers the number of times I have made this green in regulation. There is a large tree halfway down the left hand side that if your drive is left of centre really comes into play. Fairway in front of the green is canted and kicks everything right into a huge bunker. Green is elevated roughly 6 feet above the fairway, hitting the bank either stops short or kicks you into said bunker.

Hit a great drive, just left of centre with about 180 left. Pulled my five hybrid, took a nice relaxed swing and flew it to the front corner of the green. Sadly left the birdie putt 3 feet short but the happiness had already been achieved.
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 6.44.27 PM.png

I had planned to take the 'easy' route over the ~40 ft tree in the corner of the dogleg. Instead, I pulled it a little and went the DeChambeau route over the ~80 ft pine tree the black box is pointing at. We'll leave out what happened with the 110 yd shot that was left.

20200804_Cardinal08.png

Next tee is a par 5 with another sharp dogleg left. I aimed to keep it just inside the right edge of the fairway bunker instead of going over anything, but turned it over a bit and cleared the bunker. I put the 16* hybrid in the greenside bunker 230 yds away, and got up and down for birdie here.

20200804_Cardinal09.png

This started a run of 6 straight fairways hit until I yanked one in the lake on 15.

I made an 18' birdie putt on a 475 yd par 4 with a vintage Slotline 9813C milled putter that weighed about as much as my hat. It felt like a miracle.

20200807_194855.jpg

20200807_113238.jpg

Cut 6i 185 into a tough pin after a real good drive, to 7.5' for an eventual eagle.

Hit the pin on a par 3 on the fly. But the way my day went it kicked off the back of the green.
No greater slap to the face than the reward you usually get for hitting it right where you're supposed to.

Dude I was playing in league last night drove OB on a par 5.

Two shots later he's on top of a hill, lying 4, 110yds out.

I'm 10 feet in 3.

He holes out. I two putted.

That was the first hole of our match. He got his act together, and we tied holes (3 each) and net.

It was meant to be.

35 foot uphill, left to right sliding putt that I canned on the 3rd hole. That was the first of five birdies and over 100 feet of putts made for today's round.

Asked my partner for a good line since it it was a new course for me... he said see that equipment shed out there; you want to hit it about 220, aim at the right of those two white doors on it.

Hit a smooth 3w that never left that line; right at the d@mn door. Love it when that happens.

3rd hole, par 3. Hit a 4 iron to 8” for a tap in birdie. First birdie in 5 rounds.

An 8 iron on the par 3 17th hole that I hit perfectly. It landed about 6 feet right of the hole and finished 15 inches below the hole. A few more inches of carry and it would have had a chance to go in.

Decent drive here although it got held up in the rough after the trap.

f8ee61f43aab9bc709469f667b6ebaa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self declared shot of the day from the guys in my group. Took a 48° from 130 and opened the face to get it over a gigantic and stupidly placed tree. Barely cleared the tree and left myself about 10 feet 😏

Yesterday I decided to take the smart approach to a risk/reward drivable par 4. I hit a 7 iron short of the water then hit a SW inside 3ft for a kick-in

Maybe this little sand shot. Pin was 5' from the cut on a straight line. Good lie, figured if I could throw it a couple feet right and land it just on with good spin, it should be able to trickle down close. I looked down too soon, because it turned out to be resting against a slightly raised cup. One of the guys thought he heard it hit, but I didn't see it, so scored an up and down par.

Last edited:
Nothing was going well for me today, but on 18 I used my 58 PM grind to chip it close and make a par. Great way to cap a very uncomfortable round

Hit a very solid drive on the short par 4 that is up and over a hill. I knew I would be down at the bottom and right of the green as soon as I hit it. I was behind a couple of pine trees so I couldn't hit it up in the air, but the slope of the green feeds shots easily to the back. I hit a soft nine iron that hopped a couple of times through the rough and fairway, skidded onto the green and began rolling towards the pin. Pace was perfect. The guys in my group were already celebrating the eagle. It caught the side of the cup and spun out for a kick-in birdie.

Back