The best shot of the round

My only HIO was a really bad, but lucky shot.

155 par 3, hit the shot very thin and it only went about 80-100 yards in the air. Simply rolled up the fairway onto the green and hit the flag to go into the cup.

Had to be my second shot on 16 today. Couldn’t see the green through the trees. Hit a smooth 5 wood up and over the trees and dropped it about 12 ft from the hole. 4132EE2E-5A8D-4EFE-A965-40CE464A238F.png

IMG_20200918_102013.jpg
Hole 3 huge 3w avoid the water for a chip up and par on the huge par 5

IMG_20200918_095441.jpg
Nice 140 shot that hit 3 feet from cup to signal a 🔥 round incoming...

EB476D95-13C5-4BB9-AA11-268FF202F484.png
9 iron straight into the hole

View attachment 8964255
9 iron straight into the hole
Great shot!! I'm out, but getting in my golf fix, and when my wife asked me what I was so excited about I had to show her.. and about 6 people since! Hope you don't mind! :p

Great shot!! I'm out, but getting in my golf fix, and when my wife asked me what I was so excited about I had to show her.. and about 6 people since! Hope you don't mind! :p

Not at all mate (y)

This is a good shot for me in a psychological way. If I am distracted by an impending hazard I think I tend to top the ball or make other errors more frequently.

My drive dropped in rough left of the green and just outside a greenside bunker that had a HUGE wall (okay, probably only about 2.5 feet, but still!)
I chose to go past the pin as there was room to spare rather than risk underhitting the ball. I hit it exactly as I wanted to, making it a significant success for me (not actually an amazing shot in itself, but a psychological victory for me).

20200919_200752.jpg

Hit a ~50y pitch with the 54° to about 6' to save par.

2nd shot draw, over the water, onto the green from 134yds out...nike blade fun

Lots of good shots today. Best was probably hitting my second to a par 5 from 200 out. Nice little push draw 4u stuck in the back right of the green. Left a little longer downhill breaking putt then I was capable of pulling off but still was a beautiful shot.

Best shot today was probably the 1 iron from the tee on the 3rd. According to shotscope it was 246 yards, and just carried a little brook to land in the fairway

Hit quite a few 1 irons from the tee today and was happy with them all

Yesterday I hit a 126 yard PW to 2 feet and made bird.

17th hole, had to par out on the final two for 79. Pushed the drive near the cart path into some thicker grass. Hitting out of a small ditch, ball below my feet a bit. 8 iron, pin playing 164 yards, pretty strong right to left wind with water all along the left. Blast it out starting on line with the right edge of the green. Wind pushed it perfectly as planned. Here’s the result. It’s not an overly amazing shot on its own result wise, but when you factor in the lie, the wind, having to par (which I did), etc, it was a very good shot. Round went down to the final putt on 18 from about 12 feet. Missed out on 79, shot 80, but a good round overall and a fight to the finish on a very hard closing three holes (played them at +1).

Attachments

• CA030351-2752-4089-9C55-A3495140DF1D.jpeg
    CA030351-2752-4089-9C55-A3495140DF1D.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It was on the range, but I hit a drive straight and carried just shy of the back fence which is 245 yards. That's a major success for me. I think I'm getting the slice under control at last and am starting to get some distance back!!! :joy:

20200921_132855.jpg

54* wedge from just over 90 yds. Flew just past the pin on the right, and fell left as it backed up I guess. I couldn't see it land, but I knew it was real close.

On a 198 yd par 3, I came up 20 yards short of the green as the ball ballooned in the wind a bit. Pulled out my gap wedge for a bump and run and executed perfectly. A crisp contact allowed it to climb a ramp to the hole for a birdie two.

I've been putting really well again thanks to a suggestion by a fellow THPer on how I could practice putting with all the course practice greens closed. First birdie today was a 55-footer that broke 2 feet along a ridge line along the upper tier. 1-putted eleven greens, including 3 birdies. Eleven birdies in the last 3 rounds.

118 yd par 3 hit my pitching wedge to 1 ft from pin. The picture below does not reflect that as i did not move pin. Just learning how to adjust that

1600873498759.png

Slim pickings lately, but a 12-ft par saving putt on 9 after a really good drive was screwed up by a hooked PW takes the honor yesterday.

I had a couple fantastic shots yesterday on a particular hole.
Course slope is 142, so it gives you some idea of the difficult layout that it is. Par 5, only 460 yards long, but water everywhere to the whole. Off the tee water lined the right side and I pull hooked my drive into the branches of the woods on the left and it dropped down still in play. This wasn't one of the good shots, but the shot after was fantastic in that I had to draw a hybrid shot around the trees and over more water. I cleared the water with a draw and positioned the ball 110 yards from the green, my perfect gap wedge distance. My approach shot into the green was stuck to about 5 feet. The greens were insanely difficult and fast, so anywhere close to the hole was fantastic. I did miss my birdie putt but I parred it. It took two great shots after a poor tee shot to have a chance to par, but was able to get it done.

20200923_204656.jpg

I think it was this one. Tough par 4 into the wet wind, and I had lost my drive right. Tough lie below my feet in those conditions, but I got good club on this 8i to get to 15' and drop the birdie. Flipped that hole right around.

Had a top 5 career shot today. I was around 30 yards from the green and was around 15 feet above the green. Had about 15-20 feet of green to work with (short sided FTW!) Opened up the face of my 60 wedge and hit the best flop shot of my life. It landed just on the green and rolled just over the edge of the cup and stopped 6 inches past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipped in from about 15 paces for birdie on a par 3.

Back