The best shot of the round

Nothing extravagant, but the culmination of 3 well executed safe shots leading to a birdie on a long par 5 into the wind. Was getting out of sorts trying to compete with the conditions, and it felt good to slow it down, play smart, and still gain one.

Also my 8th straight conversion from the 40-60 yard range by my count. Been feeling good from there.

Nice shot. I can see that you hinged, but isnt it true that most people do not hinge their wrist on that kind of shot?

Nice shot. I can see that you hinged, but isnt it true that most people do not hinge their wrist on that kind of shot?
I don't know about most. I know hinge and hold is a somewhat popular idea for some people/instructors/etc, but it's not something I subscribe to in a general sense. I change my wrist angle, release, and rotation from shot to shot depending on the lie and what I'm trying to do.

The way that I see hinge and hold applied by a lot of people just has them burying the front edge or not using the bounce in a way that's often not to their benefit. I don't do that, but can lose feel for the shot sometimes if I focus too much on it. Whatever works for someone is good for me.

Nothing extravagant, but the culmination of 3 well executed safe shots leading to a birdie on a long par 5 into the wind. Was getting out of sorts trying to compete with the conditions, and it felt good to slow it down, play smart, and still gain one.

Also my 8th straight conversion from the 40-60 yard range by my count. Been feeling good from there.

Don't you love it when you string together solid shots that cumulatively produce a relatively easy birdie?

Don't you love it when you string together solid shots that cumulatively produce a relatively easy birdie?
Absolutely. I can get a little lost in getting as close as possible, because I believe proximity matters, but when I let that go and play smart to good position, good things happen. So satisfying. And less stressful! :LOL:

Just a little low cut layup with a 7i. I was in the trees for my second shot on a par 5 and had to fade one out from under the branches. Turned out just like I saw it in my mind.

Driver was hot and cold on the 9 holes Sunday but I ripped one up the left and ended up in the fairway bunker with an awkward lie with the ball below my feet. I hit my 9 iron exactly how I wanted and ended up just over the flag with an 8 foot putt for birdie (which lipped out)

20210111_230244.jpg

Turned out to be this 3 iron into a par 5 last time. Hadn't planned on playing it quite how it turned out, but held at 18' and got the eagle putt. Was a weird round.

4 iron stinger on the tight par 4. The ball must have taken a speed slot ended up 42 yards from the green. A cool 236 yard punch 4 iron yeah solid!!!

I have a few to choose from and I'm going with a 47-yard high pitch shot to 1 foot. It was a back pin, so one of those shots that you have to be brave to get it close. The 25-foot putt to finish the round was tempting though.

20210112_132200.jpg

I hit a 9i from 154 to about 3", and holed out greenside for eagle on 18, but I think the pitch in from here on 11 was the best shot.

Members were hopping all over the course and stopping to ******** constantly for a few holes, and I got distracted on the tee of this tough par 3. Wiped right. Got to the ball here and clipped one up over the edge, helped find a ball, and realized mine had gone in when it wasn't on the green. Love having to check and finding one. It righted the ship and set me on track to tie my best back 9 score ever.

Had to snap the pic on the way down to remember it because we didn't get to actually see it go in.

Last edited:

Was excited to have a ball below my feet for the first time all day, and going with this one because I hit it exactly how I wanted, got a drop and stop for an easy birdie, and some people will absolutely hate the look/sound of it. :LOL:

54 from 113 to 2 feet,tap in birdie

Played my first tournament round in 3+ years last weekend. On a short par 3, hole was playing 142, but straight down a 15 mph wind. Pin was tucked in the front left corner and to go at the flag you had to fly a large tree. Hit a solid PW to 3'2", it stood up through 76 golfers and I won the closest to the pin on that hole. Our course does CTP for a free round during tournaments. Also made a couple 15 footers for birdie but that tee shot was my highlight.

hit a slice into the left rough that left me 178yds from the pin...couldn't find my 6i (actually thought i had lost it) so i hit my 7i (my best is around 170 with it)...pured it and carried over the green about 20yds past the pin...oh wait, this is the best shot of the round...but this was my longest 7i shot ever and my playing partner was impressed...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Had a chance to complete something special for the front 9 by even 2 putting this one for birdie. Par 5, good drive, approach just a little long, 25', downhill and will pick up pace past the hole, up against the cut... and dropped it for an eagle and 6 straight holes under par.

After two really good shots on a long double dogleg par 5 I'm 47 yards from a forward pin that has a steep burn in front of the flag. I got WAY too conservative with the pitch leaving a 70 foot putt...which I sunk! After I stroked the putt and it got halfway there one of my playing partners called out "Uw!". Which was followed by four other "Uw!" call outs as the double breaker meandered toward the hole and dropped in center cut!

Another good putting day with way over 100 feet of made putts. Obviously, this one doing the most damage.

(Sim round) A tale of two par 3’s - Best shot (not result) was a 5 iron that carried 225. No idea where that came from! Best result was a near ace!

#18 Par 5 playing 508 yds into the wind. Hit a good drive down the left side that rolled back into the fairway. 250 yds left In to the green & pulled the 3w out. Hit a few yards in front of the green & stopped one rotation from falling in for a “2”. Tap in 🦅!

475A45AB-D162-4770-92BA-D63A5AB77AC1.jpeg
I had to nestle one inside my playing partners ball at 3’. He finished off with an 🦅 as well.

For me it was a chip in on a long, tough par 3. I also had one longer putt drop to save par.

20210117_230638.jpg20210117_230656.jpg

Best result maybe. Par 3 wedge I put to 2', but that's easier.

Don't see me create, or try, with my hands like that very often, and have to try to save it with them, but the only chance is to bring it in from the right on this hole.

247yd to 5' and hit the putt

Last edited:
i210 8i from 176 in the jar.

The 7th hole at my more or less home course is an absolutely brutal par 5. I hit driver to the absolute best Position A you could ever hope for. I’ve probably been there less than 5 times in 10-15 years of of playing this course. It led to a very rare par.

@Canadan approach to the par 3 island hole into the bunker in extra time tonight is pretty memorable. 😬 FTW!!!

Back