The best shot of the round

best shot was the tee shot on #3...a nice cut that left me 89yds to the pin. best tee shot i've ever had on that hole.

2nd hole, par 4. Pushed drive to the right. Had 190ish left, but absolutely no line to the green due to tree and limbs in my path. Opened up the face of my 3 hybrid, put a big fade on it starting at 10 o’clock and coming to about 2 o’clock. Ended up 8-10 feet (see pic), made the birdie putt. Shot 76 (40-36) for the round.

Attachments

• 11250F10-7B31-41D7-B66F-22F29CA942E5.jpeg
    11250F10-7B31-41D7-B66F-22F29CA942E5.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 9
Serendipity! Got off work early and was heading over to the pro shop to recharge the range card and saw a golfing friend I hadn't seen in a while. Eddie told me they had a last minute cancellation, so I became the fourth for 9 holes before dinner. The other two guys were another club member and a teaching pro I've known for years. So it was a good group and we had fun.

BSOTR was 40 yards out after 2 on a par 5. Stuffed it inside of 3 feet for a kick in birdie. Honorable mention to a 90 foot bunker shot to 3 feet.

Last edited:
BSOTR was a 100 yard approach shot after a smoked drive off the tee. Most 100 yard approaches are pretty straightforward. But this approach is diabolical. The approach was from the top of a hill down to a green that slopes big time left to right and FRONT to back. Pin was about 1/3 off the front and middle requiring an approach that lands just off the front left edge the green and I nailed it. The ball ended up 8 feet behind the pin and made the putt for birdie.

Had 65 to the hole and had to get the ball up over some branches in a hurry. Picked my window and hit it! I was thrilled with the execution and result.

20210328_104615.jpg

The hole I just can't seem to birdie lately. Wife and I had a long discussion about how it's not that hard (it is, the wind is really unpredictable out from the trees), and how she thought I should play it. I disagreed, and executed my plan well. She handled being wrong even better. :p

P7MC 8i from 169 yards played left and got pushed back to hit and stick pin high 2' away for an easy birdie.

- tracer is off right at the start, but gets back on track.

Last edited:
Hit a great drive setting up an opportunity to go for a par 5 green in 2. Put a 5i to 15 feet. Made birdie. Good times.

Was frustrated I didn't have a shot into this par 5 after a good drive. Hanging branch issue. Layed up to the best spot I could get to, and dropped the pitch for eagle. I felt better after that. :p

Last edited:
I got out of position off the tee on a par 5. The fairway pitches right and took the ball off the fairway and eventually on the other side of the tree line. Hit a real good recovery shot under the first two trees and between the next two to get back on the fairway and 70 yards out. Off a severe downhill lie I pinched a wedge shot that landed hopped and stopped 6-inches from the hole for an unlikely kick in birdie.

3 wood from about 230 to 18 feet to set up a two putt birdie.

20210401_104235.jpg

20210401_104424.jpg

Unlucky bounce of some kind kicked me way left off the tee and into a jam. 97 yards, need to get under the branches but over the first hill and off the second to have a chance to get it there through the bermuda without going long. Probably missed where I was aiming by inches and finished 12.5' from the hole for an easy par after just missing the birdie.

Lot's of high quality shots today. I have to go with the 35-foot putt I sunk on the 18th hole on greens that were punched (not micro punched) on Monday. Definitely smoother than the greens were on Tuesday when every putt was unpredictable. That was the longest putt of 4 I canned from outside of 15 feet.

The approach shot really set it up. A 210 yard approach from thick rough on the right. No way to go straight at the hole as the flag was front and right with a bunker right in front and the green runs away from you funneling balls to the bunker behind the green. So, 35-feet flag high was about the best result possible.

Last edited:
20210402_095717.jpg

20210402_100559.jpg

Low stressed this hole with a good drive and this nice easy 54* from 100y up the hill to 2' and a kick in birdie.

Today I had 181 to the flag of a very narrow par 3 green. I struck a 5-iron about as well as I can and the ball ended up about 4 feet from the hole ;)

After a good center of fairway drive, had 102 in to a pin tucked about 4 paces off the left of the green. Ball below feet. Took AW and pitch marked about 2ft left, bounced past the hole and brought it back to about 3ft on the right of the pin. Set up a pretty easy little birdie putt.

Stuck an 8i from 170 1.5' right of the pin for an easy birdie after my worst drive of the day. I love when a hole gets turned around like that and I was pumped about it.

18th from 181 to 3.5 feet. At pga west stadium.

Sadly I missed the putt as my wife called me right when I was stroking it. Or at least I’m telling myself that.

IMG_3424.jpg
IMG_3421.jpg

I had 3 very good shots today. First was an 84 yard wedge to around a foot. The second was a 45 footputt I made for birdie. And the last was a 170 yard 6 iron to around 18 inches. The last one was the best by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 9 iron from 131 into a slight breeze to 3 feet to set up a birdie.

Best shot was a chip in for birdie of about 50 feet. Had an absolutely smashed drive which I’m more proud of. Non wind or hill assisted and it went 334 yards. Best drive of the year..... so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday’s round I had a quartet of best shots. 4 up and downs from greenside bunkers and while none of them were gimmes, it wasn’t my putting getting the job done. For reference, I only had 1 sandy in 31 rounds last year. 😳

Today it was a 4h over water into a hurting wind. I absolutely laced it! Carried just over 200 and only had a couple feet of rollout. Quite possibly the best hybrid I’ve ever hit into a green.

Back