The best shot of the round

Two shots stand out over the weekend. Saturday I drove a short par 4 with a 270 yard drive and made the putt for a 2. Sunday I hit a drive that found a down slope and rolled for miles leaving me with an iron into a par 5. (Of course I missed the green)

20210405_114021.jpg

Screenshot_20210405-114624_TheGrint.jpg

20210405_114655.jpg

It's been a while since everyone got to hate on my compensationdriver swing, so I'll post this as my shot of the day. Really was. New course and didn't want to run one down the pitch towards the creek. Aimed for the left edge of that tree where the cart path mound juts in and soared it dead on line, right over the mound and down into center fairway. Easy on in 2 and 2 putt birdie.

Hit a 95 yard approach shot to an elevated par 5 green today, 6" from the pin for a kick-in birdie.

20210406_115015.jpg20210406_115034.jpg

I can usually see the top of the hop after one lands on that green even though it's very uphill, and didn't, so I had actual thoughts that I had just jarred it. 9i never left the pin. Tap in birdie and a skin though.

Last edited:
While I had a number of good shots, this one is a no brainer. Par 5, 544 yards uphill and always, always, always into a head wind. 132 yards out (played like 155) I hit a bullet right online for the pin. Everyone in the group watched it in anticipation and it did not disappoint. Landed short and right of the flag and rolled right toward the pin and in for an eagle from 132 yards.

While I had a number of good shots, this one is a no brainer. Par 5, 544 yards uphill and always, always, always into a head wind. 132 yards out (played like 155) I hit a bullet right online for the pin. Everyone in the group watched it in anticipation and it did not disappoint. Landed short and right of the flag and rolled right toward the pin and in for an eagle from 132 yards.
Heck of a shot!!

Seems like my best shots are always from inside 100y...

Had a bad lie on my approach to a par 5 and ended up hacking one right of the green. 45y, over a grassy knoll (no shooters on it that I saw), to a tight pin with the green running away. No problem.

Hit a little 58 to the top of the knoll that rolled down and burned the edge of the cup. MISSED THE PAR PUTT ARRRRGGGHHHHH

Redemption after an approach that I got up and nature tried to give back.

That’s how you get off the first tee!

90a9a37048a5b3ebdc520945efb7523c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1 bag drove a 366 yard par 4. :oops:

I have two from today. First was a bunker shot with my 9i from about 120 yards out that landed on the green 15 ft from the hole for my first GIR for 2021, which then led me to par a difficult par 5. Second was my third shot on a short par 4, putting from about 40 ft and above the pin, with wicked movement right to left and a pretty significant downslope. Rolled it to about 4 in from the cup for an easy par - easily the best putt I made in today’s round.

I got 4 shots right at 80 yards to the pin. 3 of them I hit within 15 foot of the pin. I was hitting my SW absolutely awesome today.
I don’t know if I have ever done that before.

Today my favorite was a solidly struck 7-iron to 12 feet at a 159 yard par 3 hole location.

20210409_122825.jpg

From 188 and it landed right of the pin and rolled right off the edge of the cup. One of a few I thought were going in today. Easy birdie though on a par 4 playing 478 today.

Last edited:
Course known for tough undulating greens were punched a week ago and a really bad day driving the ball could have been a train wreck if it wasn't for the the recovery shots, short game and putting saving the day.

BSOTR: Downhill 30 footer that broke 6 feet right into the center of the hole
Runner Up: 120 foot pitch shot to 1-inch from the cup
Second Runner Up: 70 foot chip that swung left about 20 feet and settled 1/2 inch from the cup.
Honorable Mention: Recovery shot from 150 yards out to a narrow green. Went between two tree lines landing on a hill right of the green, deflecting the ball left onto the green setting up a birdie putt. And yes, that was the plan (hope, prayer).

Last edited:
On a dog leg left par 4, I cut the corner with the longest drive of the day. It left me 65 yards from the green but on a downhill lie with a bunker between me and short-sided hole location. I hit a nice high sand wedge on a great line and was left an 8' birdie putt. Settled for a tap in par but with that lie, avoiding a skulled wedge shot into the bunker felt like a victory in itself.

This 5 iron to nearly reach in two on the par 5. Ball is above your feet the entire hole with water down the left side (perfect, I know). I love piping a drive here and having a shot at the green. I aim well right of the green and hit a sweeping natural draw back toward the hole. Well it worked today and I nearly made the eagle putt from off the green, but settled for my first birdie of the year.
11A35046-F56A-4FE2-9BEF-A2D718888FA5.jpeg

411 yard par 4, playing downwind this morning. Good drive left 103 to pin. Holed 55* wedge for an eagle 2!

Par 4 , 2 nd hole , 2nd shot 168 metres out , 4H , 1.2 metres from flag walks away with 3 , finishing the round with 83 off the stick best round ever... standby for my exciting instalments in golfs ups and downs lol

Still dialed in on approach and tapped the pin a couple times, but got a hole out on a 164y 9i from the left rough of a par 5 for eagle after a wayward drive. Kicked left about 5' and in.

Coming off a 3 month break I have really struggled with ball striking getting back into playing. No surprise my Callaway B21 hybrid got me back on track. After a decent drive I hit a rocket with the hybrid about 260 just short of the green on a par 5. Felt amazing to finally get ahold of a long shot.

Coming off a 3 month break I have really struggled with ball striking getting back into playing. No surprise my Callaway B21 hybrid got me back on track. After a decent drive I hit a rocket with the hybrid about 260 just short of the green on a par 5. Felt amazing to finally get ahold of a long shot.
Does that club characteristically have draw tendency? Or do you impart draw with your swing ?

hero 6i shot through and over trees to give me an "easy" 40 chip over the bunker about 10ft from the pin.

Does that club characteristically have draw tendency? Or do you impart draw with your swing ?
The club definitely promotes a draw. There is a lot of offset and a closed face. When I first got the club I was struggling with a right miss and the B21 instantly had me drawing the ball. With some recent swing fixes I have a natural draw in my swing now so I have to be careful to keep the club face square at address to prevent it from over drawing but it’s still an awesome club for me. I left a bunch of reviews on the B21 thread but the distance and forgiveness on it is insane and helps me a lot as a HH.

Back