The best shot of the round

Stuck this 9i to 4’ and missed the birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c215c4d1b8c4231554caa2a57a3db3c5.jpg

Intentionally cut (sliced?) a drive around this tree that’s inexplicably placed right in the middle of the hole.
DD2488F6-2D47-4B63-831A-8920A7A140F2.jpeg

Got in a rare Thursday round. BSOTR was a recovery shot. Uphill par 4 that doglegs to the left. Got lazy on the tee shot and didn't power through the impact zone resulting in a hook right (I play left handed). So, I'm sitting on the wrong side of the tree line 155 yards out. The pin is back and center of a narrow green that slopes right to left. Saw an opening and executed the shot perfectly. Used a hybrid back in my stance and hit a punch shot. The ball flew under the tree limbs and between the trees landing in the rough just right of the green, bounced onto the right side of the green, rolled out turning left and stopped flag high 5 feet right of the hole. Made the putt for an unlikely birdie.

20210623_122425.jpg

It's not sexy, but it was this drive.

It's my worst scoring hole on the course, because my GIR is 40% on it, because I am constantly blocked out on approach. You can be in the fairway on both sides near the top of the hill and not have a shot. So I've tried to go over and down the hill, but a straight ball up the right catches branches, and anything on the left half tends to roll left into trouble. So a hard running fade that starts left center over the hill seems like the only way to succeed. I've tried that the last couple times, and didn't quite get it. This time I rehearsed it off the previous tee, because it plays into that hole fine. Got it, told myself just do it again, and did. Ended up 343y in partial wedge position with a good angle at the hole for about the first time ever! Lol

Pulled a drive on our 6th hole and caught trees. Had to punch out into the fairway and was 210 out and a little downwind with some trees that I had to go over. Blistered a 6 iron with about a 1-2 yard draw right at the pin. It landed and was about 6-7 behind the hole with a downhill putt for par. And that's all I'll say about that.

Best shot of my last round was one of these two - you pick it: a 155 yd 7i on the 7th hole during a dumpster fire of a round that put me in position for....; a 12 ft. birdie putt - made.

Although I did make a few one putts during the rest of the round including a 6' par save on 14, a 9' par save on 15, and a 15' par save on 17 (I was pitching from a very dark place 40 yds off line).

Has to be this one. First time hitting the new hybrid off the deck (out of a light rough) and really flushing it. Dead straight, right where I aimed it. The green on this hole is about 20 yards below where I hit from so distance is overstated but it was just a fantastic shot.
Screenshot_20210625-221705_Shot Scope.jpg

390 yard par 4. Hit a 290 yard drive and had 100 yards to the pin. Hit an easy 56 and the ball hopped and hit the pin. Would have been my first eagle but had to settle for a tap in birdie

Two shots in an otherwise down round.

Stuck a lob wedge to three feet from 38 yards. The ball mark was six inches behind the hole. Three-putted.

Four yards off the green, 42 feet from the hole, uphill, with a right to left slope. Used a 9-iron pitch and run to go four inches by the hole. Nearly holed it.

Had a 170 yard par 3 with a hurting left to right wind of around 15 mph. Hit the best iron shot of the round and ball started left of the flag and the wind brought it back to the flag. My partners thought it went in but couldn’t see it. Ball was 12 inches past the hole. So the ball had to roll right by the hole. One day I’ll get a HIO, one day :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20210626-175428_TheGrint.jpg

Thought I had hit a beauty of a draw around and down off the tee, but it rolled through to a tough spot.

20210626_175908.jpg

And then tried to sting a 7i through the opening into the hill to get up there, and managed to hit the pin and end up with an easy birdie from a bad spot.

Played in a medal play tournament today. I figured something out the day before with my chipping and that part of my game was on fire (though too often used). We'll go with one of those. Specifically, a 35 yard chip from the rough on the 8th hole. Even with a funny first bounce it checked up 5 feet left of the cup. Made the putt for a nifty up and down for par.

Honorable mention to a bunker shot on the 10th hole. Deep bunker and green that sloped away yet still put it just 5 feet away and below the hole. Made the putt.

Mine was a a long chip shot on the par 4 15th at balboa gc. Was having a rough day today and my chipping had been really bad. I crushed a drive about 300 and had 50 left to the pin. Normally I love hitting a half shot with my lob wedge from that distance but I had branches in my line and had to chip. I hit a perfect chip shot to about 8-10ft from 50 yards out to give myself a look at birdie. That may not sound great but chipping is the worst part of my game and it was a great shot for me.

View attachment 9014443

It's not sexy, but it was this drive.

It's my worst scoring hole on the course, because my GIR is 40% on it, because I am constantly blocked out on approach. You can be in the fairway on both sides near the top of the hill and not have a shot. So I've tried to go over and down the hill, but a straight ball up the right catches branches, and anything on the left half tends to roll left into trouble. So a hard running fade that starts left center over the hill seems like the only way to succeed. I've tried that the last couple times, and didn't quite get it. This time I rehearsed it off the previous tee, because it plays into that hole fine. Got it, told myself just do it again, and did. Ended up 343y in partial wedge position with a good angle at the hole for about the first time ever! Lol

Do you record all of your rounds?

Do you record all of your rounds?
No. Depends on the course, company, etc. Some not at all, some just take vids of/for other people, some just a few shots of mine that might be interesting, some quite a few.

A 54* from 105. Really proper contact that produced spin, which is very unusual for me. (Missed the birdie putt, of course)

2nd shot on a short par 5 yesterday. Hit a drive out about 280 (which is a smash for me) and had 165 in over a hazard. Hit a great 7i to about 8' and made the eagle putt.

Hit a perfect 3 wood into the wind after an awful drive. Even managed to save par!
BFAAFEF3-D13D-4B9C-8F3D-C85DB41A7064.jpeg

Our 11th hole is a tough par 4, trees on both sides, and a dinky dogleg right. Its tough for me to get on in two these past few years as my distance has decreased.
Today I hit a really nice drive (for me) of about 235 yards and got my second shot pin high. Probably the best drive of the year for me.

Best shot in Sundays round was a 25 foot uphill breaking right putt the dripped over the edge for par on the 17th hole.

Slim pickings today but this one was the shot and also a perfect summary of my day. Shank a wedge into a cedar bush never to be seen again. Same shot, same club, drop it to 5 feet 🤣
Screenshot_20210628-160100_Shot Scope.jpg

I somehow whacked my 4i out there.
1624910316776.png
Thought it was headed for the corner of the penalty area, was begging for it to draw harder.
From where it ended up, i don't think it was ever in danger. Best shot of the round? Best shot of the season.* Way beyond my typical reach with this club, which i only recently managed to crawl onto the front of our 193m par3 with. If i could hit it this way every time, i'd give up on learning to hit woods.
Guess there are advantages to playing in the heat. Balls just FLY.

decent pitch followed by 3 putts for a solid bogey, obviously.

*of this season SO FAR muahahahaha;):p

Cheating a little but I did play 9 at a second course. Nearly died 🥵 out there but I got through. Pushed a 4i into the marsh, took my drop, and put a nice 50* wedge on to the green to 18 feet or so. With how today went hitting the green felt good lol.
Screenshot_20210628-161149_Shot Scope.jpg

Back