The best shot of the round

CB1D325F-F249-4473-95B9-B54AD87941B5.jpeg
Hit a layup with my 9i after a drive OB left. The ball was sitting slightly below my feet and the 15mph wind was a hurting left to right. Pin was on the front left. Choked down to the steel to take some yardage off and hit a beautiful 3/4 60 that started at the flag and floated pin high right. Finished it off with a tap in for bogey.

Against a slight wind, had to fade a 5i approach around 2 bunkers on the right side of the green from 185 yards.

I haven't even hit a 5i 170 yards in years. But I've been working on speed.

Faded it to within 15 feet of the pin.

Had a pretty fun hero shot today. Played Coronado which is right on San Diego bay. 18 runs along the water and I pushed a ball right off my tee shot. Got up to where it went out and saw it down on the sliver of beach right at the edge of the water. Grabbed an 8 iron and scaled the rock wall to get down there rather than take a drop.

The ball was just at the edge of the light bay waves. When each wave would come in the ball would go completely under water and when the wave rolled out it was totally exposed and ready to hit so I had to time the waves for my shot. There was a huge yacht with about 50 people partying snd blasting some great pump up music just off the beach 50 yards away. Standing in the surf I took a hack as the ball popped out of the water and smashed one over the rock wall back to the fringe of the fairway. Got a massive applause and some screams from the yacht of partiers. Didn’t realize they were watching but it was awesome and I felt like a pro for a brief moment there. One of the most unique and fun shots I have ever hit.

I didn't have a ton of great shots but I did have one that would rock your socks. 17th hole at TPC Las Vegas Morgan Cup shamble. 157 yard 6 iron that found bottom of hole for Eagle for @Jman and I.

I didn't have a ton of great shots but I did have one that would rock your socks. 17th hole at TPC Las Vegas Morgan Cup shamble. 157 yard 6 iron that found bottom of hole for Eagle for @Jman and I.
I may or may not have lost my mind. :LOL:

130-140yd PW to 5ft from the pin. 🐥 occurred

Today's best shot was probably making a 30ish foot birdie putt. It was a R-L slider that you had to use the side entrance to make it. Took a skin on that putt.

Best shot was a 15 foot putt. I actually had better shots but I had a 15 footer on the 18th hole to go 1 under for the round. And I dropped it center of the cup for a round of 71.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wedge to 5 ft for my first birdie of the round

Just one of a bunch of birdie putts that fell today. M Craft IV and I were having fun out there.

Had a pretty fun hero shot today. Played Coronado which is right on San Diego bay. 18 runs along the water and I pushed a ball right off my tee shot. Got up to where it went out and saw it down on the sliver of beach right at the edge of the water. Grabbed an 8 iron and scaled the rock wall to get down there rather than take a drop.

The ball was just at the edge of the light bay waves. When each wave would come in the ball would go completely under water and when the wave rolled out it was totally exposed and ready to hit so I had to time the waves for my shot. There was a huge yacht with about 50 people partying snd blasting some great pump up music just off the beach 50 yards away. Standing in the surf I took a hack as the ball popped out of the water and smashed one over the rock wall back to the fringe of the fairway. Got a massive applause and some screams from the yacht of partiers. Didn’t realize they were watching but it was awesome and I felt like a pro for a brief moment there. One of the most unique and fun shots I have ever hit.
That’s awesome!! Haha a little wet afterwards from the spray?!

Today's best shot was probably making a 30ish foot birdie putt. It was a R-L slider that you had to use the side entrance to make it. Took a skin on that putt.
Draining those putts feels so good! Nice!

Sunday's was a little chip from maybe 25', I thought I hit it badly but as it trickled onto the green, caught the slope & dropped for a par save that I had no business making.

I actually came out pretty dry. Caught it pretty clean so not even a big sand splash. Shoes were wet but the brand new Travis Matthew polo survived.
Nice! Sounds like a win all-around!

Par 13th par 5, hit a mediocre drive into the right fairway bunker, leaving me a long way to the pin. Ball is settled nicely though on top of the sand, and I'm hitting the ball well, so I take out my 3H and give it a go...and it was the best strike I put on a ball all day, landing about 60 yards from the pin right in the middle of the fairway. It gave me a realistic chance for par, and although I ended up with an unfortunate bogey, easily was the best shot of the round for me. I literally could not have hit that shot any better.

20211020_224241.jpg20211020_224421.jpg

Took advantage of a left breeze on the 1st to start the round with a BANG.

20211021_114933.jpg20211021_115037.jpg

Shaped an Apex MB 6i from 198y in to a foot for a kick in eagle to continue a real hot start. LOVED that.

Went out for a late sunset 9 hole walk and had the place to myself (which is basically heaven for me). I took my Sunday bag and a driver, 5w, 7i, 9i, GW and putter.

Had 85y in to a tight pin. GW is 100y carry for me, so I choked up and hit a cut to hold the right to left wind.

The divot was pin high, a foot to the right of the flag. Love it when a plan comes together.

138 yard par 3. Hit my Cobra RadSpeed OL GW to about 6 inches.29BE52DF-48DF-4C35-806E-8D97A1D3357F.jpeg

Also had to tell my Paradise guys immediately after I hit the shot

Some days you score better than you play. Other days you play better than you score. This was one of the latter, though I can't complain about the score. Just one of those days of crazy bounces and birdie putts that got close but none fell in. Anyway, BSOTR was a chip shot onto one of the most difficult greens in the region. About a 40-50 footer I chipped it on rolled out uphill, turned left 6 inches and dropped in the hole.

Honorable Mention: Outstanding driving day. Not only did I hit EVERY fairway, but the shot shape and location of each drive was pinpoint all day. Lots of fun!

Some days you score better than you play. Other days you play better than you score. This was one of the latter, though I can't complain about the score. Just one of those days of crazy bounces and birdie putts that got close but none fell in. Anyway, BSOTR was a chip shot onto one of the most difficult greens in the region. About a 40-50 footer I chipped it on rolled out uphill, turned left 6 inches and dropped in the hole.

Honorable Mention: Outstanding driving day. Not only did I hit EVERY fairway, but the shot shape and location of each drive was pinpoint all day. Lots of fun!

I could not even imagine hitting every fairway in a round!
Great performance!

I could not even imagine hitting every fairway in a round!
Great performance!
It is definitely a lot of fun! I hope you get the opportunity to experience it someday.

I had quite a few good shots during Fridays round out at Black Mesa.
#2 155yd 2nd shot with 8i to 25’ past the stick. Left putt 2 rotations from dropping in.
#12 30’ putt from off the green that was a uphill slider to the left to place pressure on Team JT to make birdie. We pushed the hole with pars.

I especially enjoyed an 8i out of the rough. Beautiful ball flight the stayed right on the stick the whole way

Back