The best shot of the round

My best shot today was on a short par 3, hole #4. It has a slightly elevated green that drops off on all sides, with front bunkers on the left and right. The only chance at par is to land your ball on the green or just short but between the two bunkers. I usually bogey or worse, but today I nailed my tee shot pin high and hit a rare birdie putt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So yesterday was tough probably one of the highest scores I've put up in a long time. Had some decent shots though

This was my best drive I actually hit 1 straight and pured it was around 280-285 right next to my friends. He shot 89 so he played well.
PXL_20220904_195709097.jpg

This one was a 207 yard par 3 I hit my 4 utility just short of the green but it was right on line. Kind of hard to see it's just on the upslope of the hill.
PXL_20220904_171642211.jpg

This shot from the tee with my new 5W. The fairway is narrow, bunkers too much of a risk for my driver game. On the right there's long weeds/hay that will eat any ball.

I shot this perfectly, a nice little draw that shot off with a pleasing crack. My playing partners gave a golf clap :LOL:

Sadly left the approach just a bit short, but still, the first shot was just what I planned/wanted/hoped.
Screenshot_20220904-131805.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday: par 3 hole, 146 to flag. Easy 7-iron slight fade into a right pin with a ridge about 10 feet behind the pin that would have taken the ball 50 feet past. Hit it pin high, left to right green slope took the ball just past the hole and finished about 7 feet right. Missed the putt but got CTP for the day.

Best only because I out drove my dad

8c31358ee86bde9a9d101bb3b330f239.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punch out from under a tree with a 3W held at the low end of the grip, room for about 1/2 swing but good follow thru. Holy! Came out line drive hot hot, got me way closer to the green than I anticipated.

9061E9F0-BC8C-45CB-AF99-B3D6E9EBD1C7.jpeg
Second shot par 5 #3 Trails West . 5 wood from 207 . Group ahead said it went all the way around the hole.

A par-3 that plays 190m (208yds) uphill to center of green from the 55-tees. With my hcp, I get two shots extra, that's how long it feels like.

Decided to try the 5W, hit it sweetly, landed on the front part of the green. Pin was at the back, so naturally three putted it, but I was really happy to hit the green. Btw, love the new 5W, accurate, easy to hit, forgiving even on bad shots, a gem.

Screenshot_20220908-091813.jpg

I dropped 7 putts in the 6-25 foot range today. So, we'll go with the 25-footer that dropped center cut after breaking 6 inches to the right as the BSOTR.

7iron 178 yard hole out on the 7th lakes course at Longhirst in drizzly rain for a birdie.Lovely hit over trees.Playing a penalty after hitting water hazard.Saw it run towards the pin but wasnt sure if it had dropped...was over the moon...
7th hole out.jpeg

Best shot of the round was an approach shot on a difficult par 4. This hole is about a 70 degree dogleg right with a large 12 foot tall mound leading up to the inside of the knee that is peppered with fairway bunkers. My tee shot was a good poke that settled on the right side of the fairway just short of the knee leaving me 150 yards out, but with a blind shot over that large mound. The green has bunkers front right and left leaving a small opening to the front of the green, which is where the pin was today. I had to go way out to the left to shoot the pin with the rangefinder, then pick a spot in the distance inline with the pin to get an aiming point. Decided on a flight plan and hit a high baby draw that landed just short of the pin, took a peak as it went just right of the hole, and settling in behind the pin. That last part is what I was told by two playing partners who watched it from beyond the knee. Obviously, all I could see was that I hit my starting line and the ball was flying as intended.

The closing hole at a local course was playing 270 to the front edge and it's a risk / reward hole if you go for the green as there are trees tight on the left and right which block you out of you get behind them. I've been on the front of the green a couple times when the fairways were dry and firm during the summer. It was cooler and the fairways were soft but I took the short Rogue ST LS driver and sent it. It was a baby draw that finished 15 yards short and almost plugged. With as terrible as my driving has been lately I was ecstatic to hit it like that!

3rd hole. Approach shot bounced off the green 2 feet into the fringe. Took a high lofted putting stroke and holed the putt!

This was on a par 5, having just played through a slow 4some, without a soul around. 😢

I posted that I shot an 80 at Tri Mountain in Ridgefield, WA a couple of days ago, best round of my life by 5 strokes (still fired up about it). I recently added a 56* CBX to the bag, and it helped me get up/down for par after pulling my approach on the 10th into a steep grass bunker. The ball was 6-7' below the green, so it was a blind shot. It helped that the ball was on a slight incline to give a steeper landing onto the slightly downhill sloped green. Really wish I'd have thought to get a photo, but alas...a screen grab will have to do.
1663342471431.png

After hitting a good drive on our reachable par-5 #5 last week, all I had to do was hit a nice draw around a tree to try and catch the front left part of the green. I had barely missed the fairway and was in some thickish Bermuda rough, so all I wanted to do was hit a low 4-iron to run it up. The grass grabbed my hosel and I quick-hooked the ball almost out of bounds, about 50 yards short of the green. When I got to the ball, I had a pretty good lie, but there was a huge 10' shrub/tree thing right in front of me. I should have chipped out sideways, but I took a wide stance and opened the face of my 58-degree to the sky. I figured it was a slim chance to clear the tree, and even if I did, the ball would be so high and short that it wouldn't reach the green. Somehow, the ball came out perfectly, sky-high of course, but landing 6' from the pin. If I had a small bucket from that spot, I don't think I could have done any better!

I had one of my best scoring rounds in a while. Tee shots, approach shots, short game and putting were all clicking. I'm going with this putt as the BSOTR. Approach shot left 18 feet to the pin, but this was a sweeping right to left breaking putt. Picked a spot 3 1/2 feet right of the hole for the starting line, and matched line and speed watching this big breaking putt drop in the hole.

Last edited:
I had a few really nice shots today, but the best one had to be the my chip on the par 4 #15. After an embarrassingly poor drive followed by an equally as bad fairway shot I hit a decent 3rd shot that came up about 10 yards short of the green. It was a back pin so I had a lot of green to work with so I grabbed my 56 with hope of getting close enough to save a bogey. I caught it nicely and it rolled up and stopped with about 1/4 of the ball hanging over the cup. I would have loved for it to have gone if, but saving bogey was pretty big.

Hit a rocket off the tee as a young, HS lefty watched in awe. He gave the mandatory "nice ball!"

I replied "stay in school" and drove off like a skeletor meme

Hole 11 featured both the worst shot of the round, and the best

How it started:
20220918_153523.jpg

How it ended
20220918_153908.jpg

How far off fairway I was 😆
Screenshot_20220918_172930.jpg

But 2md best was a 305 yd 3 wood that caught the right wind, a good hard bounce, and ended up greenside but on a down slope... And the 2nd was a bad shot
Screenshot_20220918_173310.jpg

Played a tough round where my driving woes continued and we were playing the long tees at 7,000 yards. After grinding all day I holed out a pitch from 67 yards for the only birdie of the day for our group!
Screenshot_20220921_082554.jpg

This doesn't look that special but I was under a pair of trees and ideally needed to bend it round them and find the gap before the trees on the right hand side. Aimed into the right hand bunker trying to bend it. Didn't bend it too much and ended up 13 yards from the pin. Part of an on-course lesson, we debated a 4i bump and run to try and run it up but the gap to the green was only about 10 feet wide so decided to try and "Bend it like Beckham"..... Doubt I could do it again but it sure felt good.

A

1663768804288.png

Back