The best shot of the round

This drive on the 9th. Water at the back not really a factor unless hitting an utter bomb. Bunkers guarding the right side, tall rough on the left. Hit a sweet driver shot right where I wanted it.

Naturally messed up the 2nd to the water. But that takes nothing away from this.

IMG_20220922_125755.jpgScreenshot_20220922-171302.jpg

…an utter bomb.
Glad you had the video. When I read “utter bomb” I was thinking of a cow and a bomb and had a very different visual picture.

Glad you had the video. When I read “utter bomb” I was thinking of a cow and a bomb and had a very different visual picture.
😂😂 That would have been something though.

I gave my friend the phone and asked him to take the video, "because I feel confident here". Paid off.

Downhill birdie putt on #8 today. This green slopes severely and it’s easy to putt right off the green in 3 directions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This drive on the 9th. Water at the back not really a factor unless hitting an utter bomb. Bunkers guarding the right side, tall rough on the left. Hit a sweet driver shot right where I wanted it.

Naturally messed up the 2nd to the water. But that takes nothing away from this.

View attachment 9122478View attachment 9122477

I've said that word many times after a shot 🤣 🇫🇮

I've said that word many times after a shot 🤣 🇫🇮

I usually go with "perk***" or "v***u" if hitting a bad one and this one if I'm really surprised in a good way. Yeah, I curse too much on the course, a bad habit from the uniform.

Eagle putt after a good 7i in through the wind. :D

I was tucked behind this clump of trees after over drawing my safe conservative 5i off the tee on a left hand dogleg.... I had about 154 up hill and after finding a gap in the tree on right that aligned with tree on left smashed 8i that landed about 15 feet short of pin... birdie tracking but ended two balls short for par

I was tucked behind this clump of trees after over drawing my safe conservative 5i off the tee on a left hand dogleg.... I had about 154 up hill and after finding a gap in the tree on right that aligned with tree on left smashed 8i that landed about 15 feet short of pin... birdie tracking but ended two balls short for par
Love a good fairway optional par!

@OldandStiff - I must be going up in the world to get a thumbs up from you :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

1663955813517.png

A

Today's round included several nice approach shots, so I'm picking one of them. On this par 5 the play off the tee is to hit it down the left edge of the fairway, because it slopes right and it is tree lined all along the right side. But I missed left hitting a tree and the ball ricochet straight back. The recovery shot was good, but still left me a 6-iron to the green, which was a laser straight at the pin and rolling out 10 feet behind the pin. So, despite the tee shot leaving me impossibly short, there I was with a 10 footer left for birdie.

20ft putt for bogey on the 6th hole. Honorable mention to bunker shot that got me there. Standing half in and half out of the top of the bunker.
Two bad shots and a two shot recovery for bogey!

pretty unexciting but had some absolutely fantastic 5 iron shots today. Not to a small target, but hitting in the perfect window.

Love that kind of confidence from that distance. It's awesome.

My game has reached the point where my swing is good enough and most of my misses are from the lack of experience with different lies.
For instance, wet grass is really sticky in the morning and I really need to factor that into my club selection if I'm in the rough.
But if I'm in the fairway the wet grass doesn't matter much.

Confidence from hitting a club well makes the game much more enjoyable.

Hard right to left breaking 12 foot FAST putt for birdie that won me a greenie and a skin.

Playing The Tribute Golf Links yesterday. The 18th hole is a replica of the 18th at St. Andrews. I had 126 yds to the pin on my approach. Well struck 9 iron to a foot from the hole. Tapped in for birdie.

CF4F654A-8BE2-4D1C-AADB-8AD70518102E.jpeg
Hole #5 Par 3 Have birdies the last three times on this hole!

Tournament on Saturday where the driver was actually my friend but the greens were hands down the fastest I have ever played. I have struggled with pace before but never have I sent so many putts this far by.

Two shot compete for my best:
  • After blowing a putt from the back fringe 20 feet past the pin and off the front of the green, I made the 20 footer back uphill for a technical 0 putt par.
  • Hole 17 was a true 0 putt with a short sided flop shot that rode the flag stick down for a slam dunk eagle on a par 5!

Blind 7i approach into a par 5 over some trees to 12'. Picked a spot about a glfoot and a half wide between the tops of a couple branches to go through and nailed it. Felt good, and got a fun reaction from the group, aaand the group ahead who has left the green but circled back for some reason.

20220927_133810.jpg

20220927_133950.jpg

Real close to holing out a 6i from 202 into a right little hurting right breeze.

Screenshot_20220927-144641_Video Player.jpg

20220927_145930.jpg

Little wedge in and the second heartbreaker in the last 3 holes.

Real close to holing out a 6i from 202 into a right little hurting right breeze.
Landing a shot on the green over water is fun to witness. Damn, that's nice.

20220927_150115.jpg

20220927_150610.jpg

Screenshot_20220927-151039_Video Player.jpg

20220927_151108.jpg

I need to get out of the rough.

Back