The best shot of the round

Hole 17 today. Little wind aided but hit the perfect line off the tee and got it

then made a 53' putt with 6' of break for a crazy eagle
75F199A8-B74F-4CC5-A230-41D264077D64.jpeg

Fun charity scramble over the weekend, and my buddy had his 9 year old riding along with us and running around retrieving the unused shots. Whenever we had some extra time the kid would hits some balls on his own. Late in the round I used his driver on a 170 yard par 3. It was about the same length as my 9 iron! Didn't take a full swing because I was afraid of breaking the shaft, but it was a nice straight shot that rolled right up to the front edge of the green. We ended up using it since nobody else was on the green.

Last putt of the day. And I needed it. Rough day out there with the ball striking.

Last edited:
Par 4 hole.... I have about 80 yards to the pin... but, the ball is on a bit of a down-hill lie. You can’t see the green because of elevation. You just see the flag. Normal shot for me might be a wedge... but with this down hill situation I’m not feelin’ it. I do a “punch” 8 iron... and the ball lands on the front part of the green - and rolls to about 2 feet from the hole. I make the putt for a birdie and I’m really happy with my shot choice and execution! :)

Proud dad moment. My 10 year old has to tee off on par 3s with a driver he just about had an ace.

A270EBB0-C570-4B24-8AB4-FC2E2D96F172.jpeg
EDF463F0-1FAC-4947-9037-CC08C64174FF.jpeg

212 yard par 3 over water to short sided pin. 4i. Right club, pulled it a little left....

Attachments

• 20221005_153902.jpg
    20221005_153902.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 7
So yesterday my wife and I played Salmon Run in Brookings, California. She booked an 8 am tee time and Brookings is on the Pacific Coast. So there we were on the first tee trying to figure out where to hit the ball, because the fog was so thick we couldn't see a thing! That went on for the first 7 holes, then the fog started to lift. We just laughed it off. But at the same time I was striking the ball really well on every line I intended...it's just that where I intended was a pure guess of where I should aim!

Anyway, the ball striking continued after the fog lifted and my nomination for BSOTR was a 199 yard par 3 tee shot that was a laser toward the flag and settled in 5 feet right of the cup. Even though the greens had just been punched and sanded, I made the putt for birdie.

Yesterday I finally birdied this goofy double dog leg par 5 with a huge wind into my face

Flushed my drive and hybrid, then punched my 54° wedge to 2 feet E8E09147-B51D-4792-A652-1029247F6F27.jpeg

So played this sweet course Fenway today. Sits in shadows of Winged Foot in that area. But really nice. Come up to #2 handicap hole 416 yard par 4 dogleg right with some trees out to right. Bust a tee ball out to right in trees. Slap my 2 Hybrid thru the trees to about 65 yards out. It's downhill about 15 foot elevation all the way and tight. So I rap my putter and it rolls out and drops. One playing partner was adjacent to me and watched it and when it dropped he started jumping up and down and screamed it went in....I just shrugged and said I did hit that well, but going in is just dumb luck. Ha

Honestly, it was this little gap wedge second shot on #18. It's a par 5 that's pretty easy if you go over the water, and I hit a good drive but it started a little more right side of the fairway than I wanted. Full short iron above my feet is kind of my nemesis, and I was anything but in top form, so it felt good to stick it for a straight 10' eagle chance to finish.

Best shot from my round on Monday…on a 220 yard par three playing into the wind. Hit a low cutting 4 wood that landed on the front of the green and stopped a few feet away from the pitch mark. Left me with a 20 foot put straight up the hill for birdie and I drained it.

Honestly, it was this little gap wedge second shot on #18. It's a par 5... I hit a good drive...
Driver/gap wedge is a par 4 everywhere I've ever played. Where do I find these Driver/gap wedge par 5's you speak of? ;)

Driver/gap wedge is a par 4 everywhere I've ever played. Where do I find these Driver/gap wedge par 5's you speak of? ;)

Screenshot_20221013-182246_TheGrint.jpg

Aggressive lines and playing to shape FTW. :D

Last edited:
I hit every fairway off the tee, which is pretty cool. But I just can't overlook the 45-foot double breaking putt I caned for birdie. So, we'll go with that as BSOTR.

Played in a two man scramble today and had 168 yard par 3. Hit a 7 iron to 3 feet to win this
8212311e3743b0b2ceaf5036409a3633.jpg

83b30bcd5303b978f3b06c51b14b4883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hole par 3 course I play at least once a week to keep the short game sharp, and I can usually play the whole thing, even hitting 2 balls, in 1 1/2 hours.. I have been stretching out the legs on my lob wedge recently. 79 yards to the pin, I tee up a well worn Vice Pro, aim it to land a little deep, like 20' behind the pin, which is pretty much as hard as I will it my 58* lob wedge. Ball soars high, hits the green, takes one big bounce and zips back down the green to the pin. Smacks the pin, bounces 2' away for a tap in bird.
When everything is quiet in the winter, we will play some combinations of holes as par 4's....

Last edited:
Played behind a college golf tournament today. Threatened the green on the par 4 second and then stuck my partial wedge inside 10 feet and made the putt with a gallery. Good times.

1665886819945.png

This green is heavily sloped front to back. I ripped a 54° back about 20 feet, but couldn’t convert the 10 foot big right to left swinger for birdie.

1665970791450.png

Nice little par -3, hole #3 at The Ridge in Auburn, CA. Front pin was at about 130 yds, a little between clubs, but hit 9-iron into a light breeze.

Ridge_3rd_01.jpg

Ball landed pretty much pin high, 10' - 15' left of the flag, took the slight left to right slope and stopped about 8" right of the hole. Watching it from the tee box we all thought it was going in.

Ridge_3rd_02.jpg

The second shot is one that I've been practicing and previously struggled with. With the jaws raw 58z I caught it the way I wanted to and it landed right in front of the hole, released, and hit the pin but just stayed on the edge for a tap in birdie
Screenshot_20221018_170818.jpg

The second shot is one that I've been practicing and previously struggled with. With the jaws raw 58z I caught it the way I wanted to and it landed right in front of the hole, released, and hit the pin but just stayed on the edge for a tap in birdie
View attachment 9129596
Nice drive and chip!!!

Combo of two for me from the last round. Dogleg left (but you can cut corner over trees), hit a beautiful power draw around the corner to 70 yards. Step up and knock the 54* JFT to 8' and drop the birdie. Wish I could do that more frequently :ROFLMAO:
1666280670513.png

I've been so close so many times. Front edge, off the back, 80y further down the hill on the #2 tee box... 😆

Just have to clear all the thick rough at the corner though and let it release down to the hole, without having it go off.

20221020_171206.jpg

Probably the best I'll ever do it. That green is nightmare to hold with a wedge much less a driver.

Back